PDA

View Full Version : Underground or Mainstream; which do you prefer?

TrusOner
06-17-2014, 06:10 AM
For me, underground hip hop has always got me bopping my head far more than any mainstream, (apart from the Eazy E, Ice Cube, Tupac, Biggie songs) bt in my own town, underground kills it we have artists in the underground that would take the world by storm if they even looked at them, so I do enjoy the underground community, the sense of give it your all and have fun with it! Opinions wanted :)

Supsie
06-17-2014, 07:24 AM
I think they attract different types of people. Underground is for people who hang around the streets, like graffiti, understand what struggles are, respect all races, an like real lyrics. Mainstream is for kids who like to dance, play dress ups, be in everyones photos, an just have fun thats just my opinion.

J u s T C
06-17-2014, 07:54 AM
The 1 that doesn't ask the same tired questions we've answered a million times before.

inb4 "so you prefer insert mainstream or underground" type post.

Babylon
06-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Both have ups and downs, choosing just one stops you off from seeing the good aspects on both sides.

It's like asking if you're Republican or Democrat, why not just be independent? Both have good and bad shit.

TrusOner
06-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Both have ups and downs, choosing just one stops you off from seeing the good aspects on both sides.

It's like asking if you're Republican or Democrat, why not just be independent? Both have good and bad shit.

I see the point your making, but I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in Australia, "mainstream" is an image of prettiness and "underground" is an image of real recognizing real.
I'll quote a bar from Hopsin which relates in many ways,
"I show my music to different labels, they ain't too fond of it
But in the underground I seem to get so many compliments"

I love how seemingly real their verses are, just amazing what hip hop can do! :).

Denton
06-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Neither

TrusOner
06-17-2014, 10:58 AM
:confused: what do you mean by that?Neither

Fidel Z
06-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Mainstream. They're both aiight tho.

Denton
06-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Means they're both fucking shit

TrusOner
06-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Means they're both fucking shit

Okay, so tell me, if it's not underground or mainstream, then what is it? I'm actually curious now.. :/.

Ocularis Van Leer
06-19-2014, 01:15 AM
really doesn't matter to me along as the individual has lyrics