PDA

View Full Version : Here's an Idea

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:11 PM
So apparently we're never getting V4 and the problem seems to be a lack of funds

How about ya'll add 'microtransactions' ? Add a LB currency feature, or let people use real currency to purchase things like credits & emcee items

ya'll already did the shit in a way by letting people purchase custom user titles

why not take it a step further..and this comes at no cost to the site because they're not selling a physical product that requires ya'll to take inventory and ship it overseas..its digital

ya'll can pop 100,000,000 credits outta thin air or 100,000,000 emcee items outta thin air

maybe ya'll could sell stickies too where someone can pay for their thread to be stickied for X amount of days or different colored thread titles so ppls threads stand out...i seen other sites do shit like this and the owners makin bread so im jus throwin that out there

mainly because a nigga could use some credits and i cant be fucked votin

Dean
05-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Do people actually care about emcee items?

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Emcee Skyrim Horse Armour DLC to thread LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I encourage anyone in charge to log onto MMATycoon.com and take infuence from their money system.

This is a MMA management game. In game, they have money for fight promotions, nutritian companies, gyms, clothing companies etc. which all help in other aspects of the game. Through each company is the potential to improve on your money. Money is also earned through fight contracts, win bonuses etc. and is spent on training / supplies.

Members write reviews for each other's promotions, make graphics for each other's promotions, make avatars for each other etc. in exchange for in game money. There is a monthly in game newspaper which features the best articles and the people featured on it get paid extra.

As well as this, almost every member on the site is VIP. This is actually fairly expensive, but people playing the game will exchange your in game money in return for buying you VIP.

Lastly is the Spin to Win thing. Basicall roulette, People earn credits for spins by voting on "Top 10" websites for MMATycoon, and it's all linked together.

The above alone should show the capacity a website has to make some serious money, and by making the users be the ones to do all the work in exchange for website services.

I've also been saying, to no response, that if we added a donation hack and had a goal attatched to it for what that specific donation is going to, then when we hit the top we can give the money to Pseudo and he does the coding. That way, it's in OUR hands to fix the website, and leaves Pugz with no accountability.

I also offered to try and work on the LB skin this week, and never got the PM with the dimensions. We need to be taking advantage of these oppertunities. Dudes like and and Pulse have the ideas and all you guys have to do is LISTEN and pull your finger out. We don't just want LB to not die for a little bit longer, cause it IS dying, we want LB to be better than it ever was before.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Emcee Skyrim Horse Armour DLC to thread LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Fuck what I said.

/Thread

Babylon
05-09-2014, 07:22 PM
So apparently we're never getting V4 and the problem seems to be a lack of funds

How about ya'll add 'microtransactions' ? Add a LB currency feature, or let people use real currency to purchase things like credits & emcee items

ya'll already did the shit in a way by letting people purchase custom user titles

why not take it a step further..and this comes at no cost to the site because they're not selling a physical product that requires ya'll to take inventory and ship it overseas..its digital

ya'll can pop 100,000,000 credits outta thin air or 100,000,000 emcee items outta thin air

maybe ya'll could sell stickies too where someone can pay for their thread to be stickied for X amount of days or different colored thread titles so ppls threads stand out...i seen other sites do shit like this and the owners makin bread so im jus throwin that out there

mainly because a nigga could use some credits and i cant be fucked votin

This is actually an outstanding idea marketing wise, micro-transactions are the leading revenue generator in almost every MMO game in existence. [Citation needed] (just google it faggots)

i love the sticky idea, and I'm sure as new things are added even more can be added to this. Unless Pugz just generally dislikes the idea for some random reason, he'd be stupid to add this imo.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Having a currency system really isn't a good idea at this stage. Shit needs fixing first. Thats priority. Get everything working then you can implement all this other shit and promotion.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah we've been saying forever that a donation mod w/ a goal would be dope...especially Dave

All you would need is a goal and have someone code a bar that shows how close the site is to the goal

When the site reaches the goal grant everyone an emcee item or w/e the fuck...no Dean I could care less about emcee items I just thought of it because I have an itch to battle at times and dont wanna waste my credits because that usually means I have to listen to 3 battles (or 6 minutes of shitty niggas rapping) & my time is valuable B..I'd rather buy credits....thats what money usually does...it buys you convenience

& Just C a microtransaction system is exactly where they'll get the funds needed to fix the shit thats broken

it always come back to "oh the original coders arent around and we're stuck with pseudonym"

you don't need the original coders or pseudo...money talks. Freelancer sites are out there. You can ask for a job, tell them the kind of coding required, and a ton of people with expertise in that field can bid on the job meaning you can pick who you think will do the best job at the best price for you

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Fixing the site isn't about funds right now shits getting done.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:32 PM
If fixing the site isn't about funds explain why the site has been the same since 2006

then after FlyHipHop flopped ya'll threw a new audio player n some other neat shit but shit has been at a standstill since

the more money the site is willing to throw the faster shit will get done...so it is about funds imo

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Here's how I would plan everything.

Credits = LB currency. To begin, everyone gets their credits reset.

Emcee Items, Usertitles, Username Styles, Custom Avatars, Custom Signatures, Tournament Running Privaledges. EVERYTHING runs through credits. It would probably be a little bit easier later if we got some extra coding to make it self sufficient, but for the time being this would require NO coding. Just remove privillages from everyone on the site, and allow moderators the ability to change and edit other people's stuff (pretty sure this is already allowed).

Emcee Item = 50 Credits.
Usertitle = 200 Credits.
Coloured Usertitle Exit = 100 Credits.
Signature Change = 25 Credits.
Exclusive = 1000 Credits (With revamp).
1 Battle = 3 Credits.
-----
Referral = 100 Credits.
If Referral Gets VIP = 500 Credits.
1 Vote = 1 Credit.
Tournament Win = 250 Credits.
Magazine Article Submission = 10 Credits.
Published Magazine Article = 50 Credits.
Letsbeef Track + Video for Youtube = 100 Credits.

1 Credit = 10c
100 Credits = $10

(The more I wrote, the more off the scale got, but besides the fact that I originally had it 100bucks for a usertitle, you get the jist :D)

Would be easy to manage with active moderators (which could also have a 'salary' along with FVC members).

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:35 PM
And the point is you can't introduce something like this to generate the funds to fix a broken site when the site is broken and needs a coders attention where there is more important issues such as the broken parts of the site to resolve taking up a coders time plus the site is in too much of a mess to put something like this in place. people don't want to be here. they are complaining of broken players. you ignore them to introduce this and it's a slap[ in the face.

It's like not releasing a patch after constant pleese for a broken game then shoving new DLC in their face.
1 step at a time.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Having a currency system really isn't a good idea at this stage. Shit needs fixing first. Thats priority. Get everything working then you can implement all this other shit and promotion.

"Stuff needs to be fixed but there isn't enough money!"

"Stop trying to get us to implement stuff to get us money, stuff needs fixing first!"

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:37 PM
And the point is you can't introduce something like this to generate the funds to fix a broken site when the site is broken and needs a coders attention when there is more important issues to resolve taking up a coders time plus the site is in too much of a mess to put something like this in place. people don't want to be here. they are complaining of broken players. you ignore them to introduce this and it's a slap[ in the face.

It's like not releasing a patch for a broken game then shoving new DLC in their face.
1 step at a time.

To be fair, at this point it's like complaining that you can get on top of the buildings in Crossfire.

No one even plays COD 4 so who cares to patch it?

We've been waiting for shit to get fixed for so long that I don't understand why anyone listens to a word Pugz says. Who gives a fuck if the site's mobile if we've been wanting to crew battle for 6 years?

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Dean so a referral gets you $10? I had something similar in mind where there was an "LB Shop" that ran on credits...and the credits could be purchased through microtransactions or earned in other ways

It seems that the only prize LB ever has for any kind of tourney is Exclusive membership ...lol, niggas gotta switch it up..btw I'd say LB should deem certain emcee items rare and others common and base the value on emcee items like that

Common Emcee Item: 25 credits
Rare Emcee Item: 50 credits
Super Rare: 75

etc etc

Then features like

Sticky (3 Days) = X amount of credits
Sticky (5 Days) = more than ^
Colored thread title = X

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
"Stuff needs to be fixed but there isn't enough money!"

"Stop trying to get us to implement stuff to get us money, stuff needs fixing first!"

I don't get what you're saying because this isn't the case which I've already stated.

No 1 in here said there is a money issue with getting the sites problems fixed. I specifically said money wasn't an issue.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
To be fair, at this point it's like complaining that you can get on top of the buildings in Crossfire.

No one even plays COD 4 so who cares to patch it?

We've been waiting for shit to get fixed for so long that I don't understand why anyone listens to a word Pugz says. Who gives a fuck if the site's mobile if we've been wanting to crew battle for 6 years?

No it's not.

There isn't a newer better version of LB people are using while were here complaining the old site needs fixing, referring to your COD analogy.

This isn't people playing and complaining about issues with Fifa 13 while the rest moved onto Fifa 14 months agao.

This is all we got.

And any updating or any other added extra needs everything working.

We need to first focus on what we have and make it fully functional. Stick to the basic essentials and when all those are in place THEN aim higher.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
And the point is you can't introduce something like this to generate the funds to fix a broken site when the site is broken and needs a coders attention where there is more important issues such as the broken parts of the site to resolve taking up a coders time plus the site is in too much of a mess to put something like this in place. people don't want to be here. they are complaining of broken players. you ignore them to introduce this and it's a slap[ in the face.

It's like not releasing a patch after constant pleese for a broken game then shoving new DLC in their face.
1 step at a time.

Thats just a bad analogy

Its more of a kickstarter campaign to revamp LB entirely

but then you turn around say money isnt an issue

but when basic things like crew battles have been broken for years THAT's a slap in the face to us if you're so adamant that money isn't the issue...in other words the money has been there for a coder to fix issues and shit never got done

nobody's asking for Pugz financial situation nor are we questionin it.. but money can't do shit but speed the efforts ya'll have been makin for the past 2-3 years. the same efforts where ya'll promise us shit time and time again then backtrack and delay shit

LetsBeef is like the prude girl that doesn't let you fuck and keeps saying you need to wait but she's never ready even after you've waited a reasonable amount of time

Phe
05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Who cares about V4? Why would Pugz waste money for like 60 of us? A new site isnt gonna create activity or make heavyweights.. A prettier site would be nice though..

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Money ISN'T an issue.

You take it 1 step at a time. You get ya house in order first. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. You're basically trying to run before you can walk.

LOL The site is a mess and you wanna aim for the stars. lol

keep it simple. I'm not saying it's a bad idea im just saying it's not a good idea for right now.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Apollyon A new site will definitely create new activity. not the act itself but...

Raising even more funds for someone that apparently doesn't need the funds is good too, because funds can be allocated to market the site correctly and pay for banners on niche sites like RapGenius or RapMusic to get targeted traffic

if that targeted traffic is real up to date/hip w/ the whole rap battling thing they'll be dismayed to come on Letsbeef and be like "ohh shit! I went on this site 5 years ago!! wait a minute...nothing changed"

& that's where the new site comes into play. "Oh shit, they added what? They did what? You can upload mixtapes now? You can do X and Y? I'm interested"

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:47 PM
No it's not.

There isn't a newer better version of LB people are using while were here complaining the old site needs fixing, referring to your COD analogy.

This isn't people playing and complaining about issues with Fifa 13 while the rest moved onto Fifa 14 months agao.

This is all we got.

And any updating or any other added extra needs everything working.

We need to first focus on what we have and make it fully functional. Stick to the basic essentials and when all those are in place THEN aim higher.

Okay then, better example....

It's like asking for a patch to Kane and Lynch 2. Is there a better alternative? No. Is there still people playing it? Probably not.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't get what you're saying because this isn't the case which I've already stated.

No 1 in here said there is a money issue with getting the sites problems fixed. I specifically said money wasn't an issue.

I had assumed Godbody said that it seems to be a money issue out of something more than just randomly saying it to promote his idea.

Either way, good suggestion imo. If money isn't a problem why has it been years since a major site feature has been added? What the fuck is dudes problem, he can't get shit done at all.. I understand there is a lot to be factored in, but get him a helper or some shit. Do ANYTHING to stop this shit from dying because it gets worse and worse every fucking week, it's literally like watching what used to be a prize winning horse just dragging it's legs to the finish line.

It literally makes me mad that Pugz doesn't have the initiative to say something to pseudo, or do anything to actually start getting shit done. I don't care if they're BFF's or even family tell him to do shit or get fired, and if he can't do shit then replace him. It's not hard to get a coder for this, in fact, I personally know about 15 website developers who (if they see promise in it) would do shit for FREE. Hit me up Pugz, please.

I'm sorry for speaking so out of place here but for fucks sake man, this is starting to become so fucking repetitive and pathetic that I honestly have no clue why people like Dave or Godbody haven't just left this place.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Just C"fix everything we got and then aim higher"

but then you say money isnt an issue

if money wasn't an issue you could throw a couple thousand at a team of freelancers (some coders have teams of people that split the work) and tell em "fix everything we got and aim higher"

a few days, weeks, w/e amount of downtime

boom boom nigga...site is back, more functional than ever, and more features than before

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry for speaking so out of place here but for fucks sake man, this is starting to become so fucking repetitive and pathetic that I honestly have no clue why people like Dave or Godbody haven't just left this place.

I don't have a lot going on in life, I need this.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
It's still not a good example. better, but not good Dave lol

Throw in releasing DLC for K&L 2 with no patch and you realise how silly that proposal is. At this stage of the game.

We don't even have enough active members for this to be a game changer hahahahaha

You do this sort of shit when other things are in place.

Like everything working as it should.
A new skin update along with a bunch of other.
More members.

This is pie in the sky right now lol

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Just C, what do you want us to do though? We need to make suggestions cause without them we have to accept how little we actually can do to stop this site from dying.

I doubt you're going to find anyone on the site, RULE excluded, who has done more than me. Tournament running, idea implimentation, PPVs format etc (I mean not including mod actions).

I've done pretty much everything, and it still makes fuck all of a difference. The members have done our bit. We've got the LBT, we've had the topical tournaments, we've ran track, text, audio and whatever the fuck else format tournaments. Nothing has changed.

Really, what the fuck are we expected to do at this point? We don't have the power or position to make a change on the site, or to bring more members here. We either make our little ideas, or accept that the guys in charge have been killing the site since 2007.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Just C"fix everything we got and then aim higher"

but then you say money isnt an issue

if money wasn't an issue you could throw a couple thousand at a team of freelancers (some coders have teams of people that split the work) and tell em "fix everything we got and aim higher"

a few days, weeks, w/e amount of downtime

boom boom nigga...site is back, more functional than ever, and more features than before

Are you actually going to read and take in what I'm saying or am I just wasting my time.

I done told you that money isn;t an issue. That shit is getting fixed.

Focus is on THAT priority. YOU'VE complained about these issues.

They're being fixed. Your idea is down the pecking order.

Your idea doesn't just magically happen and generate income to FIX THE SITE. It needs income and time invested in the first place anyway. Money and time currently invested in fixing the site.

What do you think the easter bunny is just gonna magically make this a site feature?

Another big bang and a waive of a wand?

No. So it isn't even a solution to fixing the sites problems which are already being fixed. It just delays that which is already being addressed.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Just C, what do you want us to do though? We need to make suggestions cause without them we have to accept how little we actually can do to stop this site from dying.

Nothing. Keep making suggestions. I haven't downed them or outright dismissed them. They're cool ideas. Their just not for right now. lol

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Lol people just wanna add this that and the other when half of what we currently have doesn't even work in the first place.

Good idea. but just not right now is all I'm saying.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Are you actually going to read and take in what I'm saying or am I just wasting my time.

I done told you that money isn;t an issue. That shit is getting fixed.

Focus is on THAT priority. YOU'VE complained about these issues.

They're being fixed. Your idea is down the pecking order.

Your idea doesn't just magically happen and generate income to FIX THE SITE. It needs income and time invested in the first place anyway. Money and time currently invested in fixing the site.

What do you think the easter bunny is just gonna magically make this a site feature?

Another big bang and a waive of a wand?

No. So it isn't even a solution to fixing the sites problems which are already being fixed. It just delays that which is already being addressed.

Let me combine Dave's view on the game analogy with your view on it

Adding a feature would be like adding DLC to a game that needs patching, right?

But people have to buy the game for there to be DLC. If people didn't buy the game, or its DLC, the game publisher (EA if we're using your FIFA analogy) wouldn't see a need to make more FIFA games because they have a sunk cost; in other words they spent money on creating a product and didn't get the return they expected

Money isn't the issue, EA has tons of money to add features in their yearly installments and to patch their games

But without the financial support or feedback from the community EA would discontinue FIFA

So think of V4 as the next FIFA game. People want the next FIFA game and we're letting Pugz(EA in this case) know that we want it by giving feedback on what he can do to improve the FIFA franchise and by giving financial support. Even though we now know money isn't an issue for Pugz and it wouldn't be an issue for EA either.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:08 PM
We don't even have enough active members for this to be a game changer hahahahaha

So we should just wait until we have even less members to do something? This site isn't necessarily growing..

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:14 PM

I doubt you're going to find anyone on the site, RULE excluded, who has done more than me. Tournament running, idea implimentation, PPVs format etc (I mean not including mod actions).

I've done pretty much everything, and it still makes fuck all of a difference. The members have done our bit. We've got the LBT, we've had the topical tournaments, we've ran track, text, audio and whatever the fuck else format tournaments. Nothing has changed.

Really, what the fuck are we expected to do at this point? We don't have the power or position to make a change on the site, or to bring more members here. We either make our little ideas, or accept that the guys in charge have been killing the site since 2007.

And 1 more thing. I get what you're saying. But think of it like this.

Things have been fucked/stagnent or w.e for a while now. Too long.

We talk we brain storm we suggest. very little to nothing changes.

So what makes you think now is going to be any different?

This is why I'm saying we fix the issues we currently have, issues that have gone unatended for too long with countless posts (like this thread) ignored. Proving that shit is getting done and people are being listened to then we can move onto all this other stuff safe in the knowledge that someone is on the case and YOU aren't banging your head against a brick wall and wasting your time.

I see this. It's been in my face for so long. Surely you see this. You see the pattern, the merry go round. So let us fix the backdated issues you've been banging your head against a wall for god knows how long about before we build another.

You can make all the suggestions you want. Knock ya self out and They'll be taken on board. But I'm just letting you know right now this is way down the road for us right now. Too much shit needs fixing which has been left unatended for too long.

I mean lol. the shit we currently have doesn't work. So what the fuck makes you think you can trust us with this idea and make it work?

You're putting a hell of a lot of trust in us to implement something like this right now considering the track record.

You get what I'm saying lol

1 step at a time.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Exactly Crysis

Someone's paying to renew the domain every year
Someone's paying for hosting every month

Nobody is willing to pay for exclusive because of how broken the site is & ya'll give exclusive out for free as it is

So what do you do as a company when your profit margins are down and the community is dying? you ask the community what they want & what the company can do to make their product better

We can sit here all day and talk about how shit needs patching
We'll have the same conversation next year
And the year after

So nothings getting done really. & The fact that you're so adamant money isnt the issue justC leads us to believe its motivation. & Someone that has a product that was once great with no intention of improving it should sell it to someone that does have those intentions - and I'm hearing the owner(s) of LetsBeef won't even do that

before you hit us with the shit needs fixing rhetoric why did V2 only last like 2 years tops before we saw a V3? Its been 7 years of this. Nobodys getting shit done. You insist shit gets patched. I dont see niggas patching shit do any of ya'll? lol

Tupacs coming back before we see a V4

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:19 PM
So we should just wait until we have even less members to do something? This site isn't necessarily growing..

Yeah because that's the idea. To wittle down the member base even more

What do you think is going to attract/keep more members?

A fully functioning site where the recorders work and their verses aren't going to waste through glitches galore?

Or a currency system?

People come here to rap. It's a rap site. Thats why people sign up. The features which allow people to do this need to work.

Nobodys signing up to a rap battle site for a currency system. That comes later as a feature for the members who have ALREADY signed up and who are happy to keep using our site on a regular basis. because shit works.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Tupacs coming back before we see a V4

LOL.

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I agree Just, but if you check what I put, basically none of it needs to be coded. Besides the real life money addition, credits can be given out without any coding at all. Never gonna happen, but basically I just say shit to denounce accountability when it all goes belly up.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Yeah Dave but the point is. Someone still needs to do it. someone with the proper access. And that person is busy fixing rap related things on a rap website rap enthusiasts sign up for. Thats all I'm saying. It's about priorities. We're a rap battle site, people sign up to rap battle and the tools to let rap battle enthusiast rap battle other rap battle enthusiasts are stopping them from rap battling.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh and I've moved on to ignoring Godbody at this point. Done told him money isn't an issue in getting the site back on it's feet and on the right path because the sites getting put back on it's feet as we speak and he's still tryna talk about money being an issue. he's making my head hurt.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah Dave but the point is. Someone still needs to do it. someone with the proper access. And that person is busy fixing rap related things on a rap website rap enthusiasts sign up for. Thats all I'm saying. It's about priorities. We're a rap battle site, people sign up to rap battle and the tools to let rap battle enthusiast rap battle other rap battle enthusiasts are stopping them from rap battling.

There has been more than enough time for him to do something other than fix "rap related things on a rap website rap enthusiasts sign up for". That's a pretty poor argument tbch, if you can't actually accept the fact that Pseudo is either just a lazy fucker or completely uninterested in what he's doing then I don't really know what to say. Your argument proposes that he's just sitting at his desk for 9 hours a day fixing the battle functions when they've only had issues maybe 5-15 times in the past two years that I've been here.

Our point is that, yes, while there does need to be a lot of fixing going on, shit isn't being done in the first place. The ONLY time ANYTHING gets done is when something is so irreparably broken that people can't even put out battles. Other than that, it's a 8 month ghost period then a feature like the vote counter. So why the hell not add something new in? That's how you get inspired again. Maybe finally adding a big new feature re-kindles a fire in the guys hearts and gets them motivated to do more. Right now it's either that, or just wait until they patch shit for about 6 years and hope V4 will be 10% completed by then.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Fuck the shit that needs fixing. Fuck the shit thats broke and stops me from doing what I signed up here for in the first place.

Add currency system.

----

I legit stopped readin what you said a couple lines in. something about a poor excuse.

And some of you wonder why people just say fuck you and nothing changes or outright ignore you.

Get a clue. Yeah that's right I'm getting on the offensive now. Common sense aint working so Now I'ma just treat you like pieces of shit. I tried. I really did. Now it's fuck you.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Fuck the shit that needs fixing. Fuck the shit thats broke and stops me from doing what I signed up here for in the first place.

Add currency system.
What even needs to be fixed right now anyway? I'm seeing battles being put out fine right now

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Crew battles, cyphers and tracks need to be fixed most imo. And a new skin.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Crew battles, cyphers and tracks need to be fixed most imo. And a new skin.

So basically.. nothing actually battle related but Crew battles needs to be fixed but Just C is basing his entire argument on the premise that battling needs to be fixed before we add things?

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:43 PM
People battle on tracks you fucking idiot.

It's a RAP battle site/ rap BATTLE site.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

You think battlers don't drop cyphers and make tracks?

Are you really that dense that you're going to reach for the technicality of me not covering every single element of rap?

Because you'd have to be purposely trying to get a rise out of me or completely fucking stupid to not get what I've been saying without it being spoon fed and spelt out for you.

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 08:45 PM
ITT: Just C wont throw hands though.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Oh and I've moved on to ignoring Godbody at this point. Done told him money isn't an issue in getting the site back on it's feet and on the right path because the sites getting put back on it's feet as we speak and he's still tryna talk about money being an issue. he's making my head hurt.

Im not talking about money being an issue

I'm hitting you with infallible logic that makes your rhetorical bullshit sound like baby gibberish and you're disregarding it

& Crysis , Just C is just repeating the same rhetorical bullshit they repeat every year. Its like one of those dolls you squeeze and they hit you with 1 of 5 recorded lines

Still not giving us any indication of what the issue is; insisting money isnt the issue but giving us nothing other than that

My guess is lack of motivation in which case the owner of the site should sell it to someone that actually has a vision for the site rather than talking about what needs to be fixed for 5 years and never fixing it

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:49 PM
People battle on tracks you fucking idiot.

It's a RAP battle site/ rap BATTLE site.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

You think battlers don't drop cyphers and make tracks?

Are you really that dense that you're going to reach for the technicality of me not covering every single element of rap?

Because you'd have to be purposely trying to get a rise out of me or completely fucking stupid to not get what I've been saying without it being spoon fed and spelt out for you.

We're having a simple discussion you colossal fucking faggot, stop catching feelings like a little bitch when you realize that your entire argument crumbles at it's poorly constructed foundation, and man up when you're wrong.

Saying that people rap battle on tracks and cyphers is like saying the forums need to be fixed before we add something because people can text battle on them. So fucking what people can battle on them? That's not their direct focus, so the do not classify as a battle feature.

Send me a 16 in gen discussion.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Ok say sir. So we just done your MOT and your breaks aren't working.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Fuck that noise and just throw in a new air conditioner and I'll be on my way.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:52 PM
More like

My brakes arent working? Money isnt an issue for me so I can have the brakes fixed in a day. & You can throw in a new air conditioner because money isnt an issue

It shouldn't be

My brakes don't work, and at this rate I'll die in a car crash(LB's projected fate)...but let me wave $10,000 in your face to show you I can easily get the brakes fixed just for lulz

ie; complete disregard for the site's direction

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:53 PM
The only feelings I'm catching is this giagntic fucking headache brought on by banging my head on this brick wall constantly repeating the same basic shit to no effect.

Don't blame ME because I provide common sense only for me to get fed up because you don't get it.

It's not difficult. It really isn't.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Way to ditch any real point and respond with random hyperbole that you've said in about 20 previous posts.

I'd like a new engine in my car though, what?! it'll take 7 years and countless calls saying it's almost done before you actually do anything???!?!?!?

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Just C I heard from a bird on the wire that you're one of the most vocal in the mod forums and you write essays going off on admins about whats wrong with the site

You've been providing common sense for years now. Let's try applying common sense for the better of the site rather than just talking about common sense

exactly Crysis , nobody would wait 7 years for a new engine

& if I had the money I'd just buy a new car (V4)

but obviously the point hasn't been driven to Just C because he's gonna keep repeating shit we already know & ignoring the evidence & common sense presented to him

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Just C subliminally repping ACs......for the first time ever.

Furthermore, I like you more for being the old other guy on LB to have said "Fuck that noise". I'm a fucking bulletproof tiger.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
More like

My brakes arent working? Money isnt an issue for me so I can have the brakes fixed in a day. & You can throw in a new air conditioner because money isnt an issue

It shouldn't be

My brakes don't work, and at this rate I'll die in a car crash(LB's projected fate)...but let me wave $10,000 in your face to show you I can easily get the brakes fixed just for lulz

ie; complete disregard for the site's direction

No.

More like.

Your breaks aren't working but hey here's an air conditioner. you need the air conditioner to raise the funds to fix the breaks when the mechanic is ALREADY fixing the breaks. We'll sort the air conditioner later as it's not the priorty your fucking breaks are in a car

Godbody
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Mechanics don't take 7 years to fix brakes

analogy fail

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I never said they did. Already siad the fixes are overdue.

Attempt to get a rise outta me half success half fail.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
The only feelings I'm catching is this giagntic fucking headache brought on by banging my head on this brick wall constantly repeating the same basic shit to no effect.

Don't blame ME because I provide common sense only for me to get fed up because you don't get it.

It's not difficult. It really isn't.

It's not difficult, it's completely broken logic. It's not hard to understand when someone says 2+2=5, it's hard to accept it as fact. I'm not blaming you, I told you to stop catching feelings just because you can't keep your argument up long enough for it to be held up to scrutiny so you just resort to using 100 different analogies to try and back it up.

What's broken with the battle feature right now Just C? Please don't tell me you don't know. Though I'm sorry about the headache mate, ever think that when multiple people don't accept your premise that maybe it's you that's wrong?

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 09:00 PM
It's not difficult, it's completely broken logic. It's not hard to understand when someone says 2+2=5, it's hard to accept it as fact. I'm not blaming you, I told you to stop catching feelings just because you can't keep your argument up long enough for it to be held up to scrutiny so you just resort to using 100 different analogies to try and back it up.

What's broken with the battle feature right now Just C? Please don't tell me you don't know. Though I'm sorry about the headache mate, ever think that when multiple people don't accept your premise that maybe it's you that's wrong?

Multiple people. You and a man who would tell a baker handing him bread that it's a fucking motorbike.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Multiple people. You and a man who would tell a baker handing him bread that it's a fucking motorbike.

Refer to my analogy statement.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:01 PM
lol Just C has as much power over the matter as we have as far as getting shit fixed, but if he truly understood where we were coming from he wouldn't deflect everything brought to his attention and make up analogies to appease us

Which brings us back to

If money isn't the issue and the car needs new brakes, then why doesn't the car have new brakes after 7 years?

when V2 to V3 only took a year, or two years tops?

Apparently the admins are under the impression that only 1 coder exists in this world and he's as hard to reach as fuckin Jay-Z so that's why LB is in the position its in. Which is definitely not the case

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Because money WAS an issue.

How can money be the issue in getting things fixed....when they're getting fixed?

Riddle me that 1 columbo.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Because 7 years is a long time to just be getting shit fixed now

A ton of websites update their look yearly, bi-yearly, or 3 years into their lifespan

Why do you insist that shit needs to be fixed BEFORE we get something new? They can give us something fresh & new with all the fundamentals fixed. It doesn't have to be "lets take baby steps to V4" because baby steps have been taken for the last few years with all the little feature rollouts and fixes that have been made

When there's a direct correlation between baby steps, the site's activity, and the site's revenue, you take a giant leap - hence, V4.

is it really that hard to explain or are you still stuck on the idea that you need to fix before you can deliver something new because you don't understand that you can fix AND deliver something new simultaneously?

for example

they can run a clone site of letsbeef on "X".com and while they're fixing everything on that clone site, they'll roll out the new features on there & the new skin, then MIGRATE the new site from "X".com to Letsbeef.com ...which is pretty much what happened with FlyHipHop.com before it went live and flopped

viola - you give the people something new and fully functional

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Because 7 years is a long time to just be getting shit fixed now

Then why are we here?

Why are you suggesting this?

We've established that the shit we currently have doesn't work the way it should.

Why are you trusting us to make this work?

You keep saying "well shit been broken for yearsrrrs"

But here's something else. I'm sure you'll make THIS work. Not like I have any reason not to TRUST you.

lol

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Because money WAS an issue.

How can money be the issue in getting things fixed....when they're getting fixed?

How the fuck are things getting fixed though? Like I said previously, the only things that appear to be getting fixed are those issues in which cause people the inability to battle.

So.. what the fuck is actually being fixed?

(inb4 Just C states a bunch of really prevalent issues that are supposedly being fixed yet haven't been in close to a decade)

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
I'd love to see progress reports and screenshots of all the shit thats getting fixed

Shit has been getting fixed for years now but guess what - nothing got fixed lol

& check the edited part of my last post for a solution tackling the issue of the functionality and dated site

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I'd love to see progress reports and screenshots of all the shit thats getting fixed

Shit has been getting fixed for years now but guess what - nothing got fixed lol

& check the edited part of my last post for a solution tackling the issue of the functionality and dated site

I've already suggested this progress report stuff, to no avail. Only thing left to assume is that things are being fixed so slowly they don't want to disappoint us with a progress report..

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 09:12 PM

Yet here YOU are, making suggestions for new stuff to implement and make work

Logic.

The eggs on your face right now. You're stubbornly pushing a new idea to a bunch of people who you admit can't be trusted to do shit properly

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:13 PM
lemme just copy & paste something I said earlier because clearly you still don't understand how you can provide people something new with the functionality of the old version

they can run a clone site of letsbeef on "X".com and while they're fixing everything on that clone site, they'll roll out the new features on there & the new skin, then MIGRATE the new site from "X".com to Letsbeef.com ...which is pretty much what happened with FlyHipHop.com before it went live and flopped

viola - you give the people something new and fully functional

Meaning they can fix the prevalent issues on a clone site, revamp it, and migrate it to Letsbeef.com

next thing you know we log onto a brand new experience with all the funcionality that was lackin on V3

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:15 PM
were taking steps to fix everything and go mobile right now.. New ideas are good.. but reporting glitches/fixes is more important right now.. Ill keep you guys posted on the progress.. just yesterday the battle rankings were fixed.. pseudo also fixed some mod tools of ours.. This time around we have our entire staff in on the progress tracking report so they will be able to give you guys a good time line on things..

Hubert Cumberdale
05-09-2014, 09:16 PM
One thing I want to draw attention to is the fact that Crysis is actually a legitimate donator to the site, and had a lot of interest in investing more into the at the time, but he didn't know what it was going to.

So it's not like me just moaning. This guy wanted to financially back the site.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:17 PM
were taking steps to fix everything and go mobile right now.. New ideas are good.. but reporting glitches/fixes is more important right now.. Ill keep you guys posted on the progress.. just yesterday the battle rankings were fixed.. pseudo also fixed some mod tools of ours.. This time around we have our entire staff in on the progress tracking report so they will be able to give you guys a good time line on things..

Now that you are hear could I please know if you guys do review and consider the things sent to the email you tell people to send things to? I would like to start posting stuff there instead of the idea forum, I just don't know if it's actually looked at much or not.

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:18 PM
lol Pugz no offense but who really cares for going mobile

trust me when I say more people are waiting for a new LB than they are going mobile

go mobile for what? so that the app gets plagued with issues and the mobile version is in the same position the sites in?

There's probably a ton of people that log on here occassionally including old vets that log off when they see the community is dying and nothing has changed

nobody's sayin "i'll come back to LB when the app drops yo"

and nobody's sayin "omg a LB app im definitely signing up now"

its just a horrible and shitty business move on your part and I have to question if you guys know what you're doing.. FlyHipHop was a swing and a miss & to find out you're prioritizing going mobile rather than innovating is strike 2

you should prioritize going mobile after you deliver a new site and a new experience that would WANT people to download the app and would want people to sign up

nobodys tryna go mobile on a dead, dated site. It'd make more sense to launch a companion app with a revamped site. Then you can truly have something special in a V4

if I wanted to go mobile check out Rah Digga's Straight Spittin app. You can battle from your phone and the app is plagued with issues and the community is dead. LB would be in the same boat.

J u s T C
05-09-2014, 09:22 PM
lemme just copy & paste something I said earlier because clearly you still don't understand how you can provide people something new with the functionality of the old version

Meaning they can fix the prevalent issues on a clone site, revamp it, and migrate it to Letsbeef.com

next thing you know we log onto a brand new experience with all the functionality that was lackin on V3

Shit hasn't been fixed for years. But I believe they can do this ^. Shits different now. Don't know where my belief in these guys comes from but hey. it's there.

You openly claim staff incompotence to do the bare minimum isolated bug fixes yet posting bug fixes and updates and new skins galore like it's childs play for people who you say can't even fixed the odd bug

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:22 PM
i appreciate the help godbody.. trust me.. but we know what we need to do.. best thing you can do if you wanna help, is report glitches.

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
the site is fine in terms of what we have to offer.. it just needs to be running flawless and be mobile.. after than happens we can take steps to work on implementing big features.. the people who are fed up have been on this site a long time.. and its understandable.. but new heads dont have the same issues as you

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:27 PM
the site is fine in terms of what we have to offer.. it just needs to be running flawless and be mobile.. after than happens we can take steps to work on implementing big features.. the people who are fed up have been on this site a long time.. and its understandable.. but new heads dont have the same issues as you

Is there any ETA as to when the site will be running flawless and be mobile?

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Pugz I appreciate ya'll workin on the site

but the last thing you should be doing is going by what you think the site needs and instead go by what the site thinks the site needs. If you don't listen to us and go down that stubborn path you eventually won't even have a Letsbeef to make a mobile app for

time and time again we've reiterated that a new site is the way to go. Ya'll promised us this last December. This isn't something we're pulling out of our ass

then you go in a completely different direction and we find out you're prioritizing mobile functionality? trust me Pugz... You want to deliver a new site & a companion app rather than going head first into the mobile industry only to find out your app is gonna have issues which will cause you to invest even more by hitting up your app developer to fix issues and constantly update

Plus you can generate good money from having a mobile app by having ads on the app. Or making a paid version of the app where ads go away...can't really capitalize on that idea with a dead website Pugz

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Tbh I personally believe a mobile app would bring people here, and I would personally use it as well.

Phe
05-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Apollyon A new site will definitely create new activity. not the act itself but...

Raising even more funds for someone that apparently doesn't need the funds is good too, because funds can be allocated to market the site correctly and pay for banners on niche sites like RapGenius or RapMusic to get targeted traffic

if that targeted traffic is real up to date/hip w/ the whole rap battling thing they'll be dismayed to come on Letsbeef and be like "ohh shit! I went on this site 5 years ago!! wait a minute...nothing changed"

& that's where the new site comes into play. "Oh shit, they added what? They did what? You can upload mixtapes now? You can do X and Y? I'm interested"

I see..
Pugz if i give you $20 can i have a Michael Myers mask and jumpsuit for my emcee dude?

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:30 PM
@Crysis (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=889868) i can say with 100% certainty that hes has started working and he has vowed to me to get it done before anything else hes working on.. and my staff can substantiate that..

@Godbody (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=871532) what you need to understand is the battleplayer is no mobile friendly yet.. MAKING the site mobile is the first step before we can make a app.. if we make one now.. battle player wont work on it.. trust me ive planned shit out.. we taking the right steps to get there now

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:31 PM
in our statistics.. over half use this site on a mobile device.. once they are able to fully use the site on their device.. its over bro.. trust me..

Godbody
05-09-2014, 09:32 PM
A mobile app is the way to go and Pugz is saying that the new users arent having the issues we're having cuz its new to THEM

Think about the 1,000s of people you're already isolating because to 1,000s of people the site is old and dated and they wont come back Pugz

A mobile app can bring more people, sure...but how long between that mobile app and a new version of LB? You can't bank on the site's features carrying it 2,3,5,10 more years without innovation and a new look

which is why I'm saying the priorities are kind of mixed up. The new look and new features should've came before you decided to hop into the mobile joint

because by then you'd make even more revenue from your site since it'll have a ton of new features and a new look

& keep in mind a lot of people log in mobile to use the forums to kill time at work and because a lot of the sites features dont work so a lot of people...like text battlers for example, don't need a computer cuz they can write their verses in their phone and copy and paste

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:36 PM
the look really isnt a hard thing to change.. but i wont start that until we are finished making lb 100%.. i will defiantly keep you guys posted on every little thing we fix over the next little bit..

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Cyphers i believed was fixed too on a side note

Phe
05-09-2014, 09:40 PM
AY Pugz IF I GIVE YOU $20 CAN I GET A MICHAEL MYERS MASK AND JUMPER FOR MY EMCEE DUDE?

The Dope Man
Godbody i like your always on top of this shit, don't see how people can hate on you for caring about this site & coming up with good ideas. Once i get my money right, imma donate a couple hundred to this site. i know its not much, but it's something & better than spending on drugs.

Babylon
Cyphers i believed was fixed too on a side note

You should change the "<title>" tag in the HTML to "Submit Cypher entry" instead of "Submit battle entry" along with the button that says that as well.

(Also, could you answer the question I had about the email?)

The Dope Man
05-09-2014, 09:42 PM
a mobile app would be dope.

Babylon
05-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Godbody i like your always on top of this shit, don't see how people can hate on you for caring about this site & coming up with good ideas. Once i get my money right, imma donate a couple hundred to this site. i know its not much, but it's something & better than spending on drugs.

I've been a Godbody hater for a while but you can't deny when the guy is right..

Also, I made a lot of money in the Bitcoin uprise, and cashed in at it's height. (I'm 17 though, so I can't have any of the money unless it's permitted by my parents.) I could significantly donate to this website, once I see it in a positive direction I'm going to do so.

Phe
05-09-2014, 09:50 PM
$25??

Pugz
05-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Crysis its checked daily and useful ones put into our task manager

Phe
05-09-2014, 09:57 PM
V3numb i'll give you $25 if you make me a Michael Myers mask and jumpsuit for my emcee dude..