PDA

View Full Version : First EP: Pair of Blue Genes

Dono
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Thanks to Punk for helping put this together.

More than anything constructive criticism and feedback would be appreciate.

Thanks y'all. :high:

m0679ce3

FiNAL WoRD
05-03-2014, 04:49 PM
listened to the first few tracks for now and i was feeling it, ill give you feed in the i.ms but overall you're getting better every track

FreezyCT
05-04-2014, 08:39 AM
good job man

Dono
05-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Appreciate it guys.

Babylon
05-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks to Punk for helping put this together.

More than anything constructive criticism and feedback would be appreciate.

Thanks y'all. :high:

m0679ce3
(The way I do the "out of ten" scores is I give one point for each bar/flow/cadence/element that I really like, just a disclaimer.)

Like she killed me: 10/10

The acting in the beginning and at 2:40 was surprising as fuck, usually it sounds fake/forced (Even with known artists) but yours had realistic dialogue & was well said. What really got this for me was all of the metaphoric bars & flawless flows.
Some of my favorite more metaphor influenced type of bars or just ones that shined were were: the "pictures are worth a thousand words/actions are just a stream of pictures"
"Drowning in a lake of embers" bars portrayed great imagery.
"Beauty of a hundred lies" appealed to me very well.
Biting through my tounge/lips taste like salt bar
etc, etc.

Really fucking great, I could literally pick out like 30 of those schemes that appeal to me. And I know that sounds like bullshit, so I'll post a few:
cancer would grow/patterns would hold bar
history lessons/really aggressive bar
actually numb/have to be dumb bar
sit and think/bitch to me/kissing me/mystery/misery bar (probably my favorite bar on the track)
etc, almost every bar were great to me multi/flow wise man.

All in all, very good. No forced flows, no forced multi's, no awkward or corny bars, nothing negative imo. Listened like 4 times too lmao.

EDIT: Also, fuck a ho

Grown up: 7/10
I loved the message in this track (But that doesn't add to the score, or it would be higher.) the chorus/hook (Whatever it's actually called) was really great and didn't get repetitive either. It really seems that you've gained complete control on your flow & multi's man, really good. I was really digging the bars saying how you're not struggling to get famous & are just having fun doing something you love; I feel like that's how most should be. Not many punchlines or outstanding bars in this, but I feel that it was more of a message-sending song than a "look at these vicious punches!" type track so that's alright. I would like to see some more metaphor influenced bars in your tracks like this; a lot of the time they can further portray a message better than simple rhyming and speaking can, and definitely appeal to me personally very well.

Midnight: 8/10
God damnit I related to this too much, seriously sounds like me and my EX. Almost had me tearing up at a point, not going to lie..
The emotion was amazing, the bars portrayed great imagery that aided to that. Flow was great, I wasn't too into the hook on this one. I don't even think I can explain why lmao, I just wasn't digging it as much as the other two so far. it still got a high score, because the verses & emotion were very good. "If you hurt yourself it hurts me too" hit me like bricks because of the relation on emotions I forced myself to forget. "How could I know what love is in a life that's loveless?" also had some great emotion. Really good track. *claps* Though I did hear some "forced" flows in here.

Alone: 5/10
This was more aggressive/straight to the point type content. I feel that the beginning two schemes were a bit basic, and that's why the multi's were more jam packed which I wasn't feeling too well. But the next bars were good, the shining bar in this track (Which I loved) "bed alone/head is home/metronome" (Don't have enough time to write the full bar, but that bar was great.) I wished this was a bit longer though, all I have to say for it elevation wise is try to do more complex multi influenced bars rather than more basic ones and just more of them. That shows intricacy and the creativity to mold larger words to your beats rather than just picking a word where 10 multi's come to your head instantly. That, and I'm torn on if I like or dislike the repeating middle part, probably just because of how much shorter this was with that in it.

Lighthouse: (Won't load, it just says error with track or something. That's weird. I even went to the page for it, just says error loading track. Anyone else?)

Blue Sands: 10/10
FUCK, I've heard this before and instantly recognized it. Just started smiling because I loved it then, and really loved it once again. I'd put my favorite bars here, but it would literally be half of the bars. I honestly think that chorus/hook was the best I've heard LB & out of LB. The way you carried the rhyming on between what she said appealed to me a LOT. Not to mention the emotion in this track man, it was really great. The "resting my head in the sediment bar" had me repeating that portion like 10 times not going to lie. I loved the flow, I loved the content more than any other track except MAYBE the first, I think both tie really content wise really. I loved the imagery gave in this, I loved the personal bars revealing more about shit you just wouldn't talk about to family members about, tbh I just loved the track.

Overall: 8/10
Really good EP, all the tracks had more positive aspects than negative ones & I believe that you could really have a shot at this music shit as you progress into an even better artist. I loved the messages behind the tracks, all of them were great. Going to see if i can figure out how to download this now, good shit.

Dono
05-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Crysis

Wow big breakdown. Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Alone is an older track I probably shouldn't have put it on there. :/ oh well.

I think lighthouse has been working for others but I'll look into it.

Thanks again amigo.

Babylon
05-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Crysis

Wow big breakdown. Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Alone is an older track I probably shouldn't have put it on there. :/ oh well.

I think lighthouse has been working for others but I'll look into it.

Thanks again amigo.

Yeah hmu when Lighthouse is available and I'll edit that in, but yeah Alone was tight; the only reason it got a 5 was because of the system I use, usually only phenomenal or extremely above average tracks get above an 7.5/8. (Which is why I was so surprised at the two 10's I gave in this, usually doesn't happen when I use that method.)

Dono
05-04-2014, 10:51 PM
No sweat brother. I also think alone is the weakest track in the mix. Appreciate real > ass kissing.

lllllllllllll
05-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Lighthouse's working for me :/