PDA

View Full Version : Budden vs. Hollow is poppin it off... Who's the next "Industry" rapper to Battle?

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 08:38 PM
First of all, shoutout to my nigga Joe Budden for stepping back into the battle arena. I met him at a Showcase a few years back, cool dude. Anyway, lot of people don't now that Joey came up as a battle rapper (like: Meek Mill, Cassidy, Jae Millz) & is an avid Battle Rao fan. So it's not like he's gonna be out of his League, son knows exactly what he's doing. Alot of ppl think he has a hidden agenda behind accepting the challenge. In reality, he's doing it strictly for the love of the Culture. Battling Hollow is a no-win situation for Joe. If he kills him, then he was supposed to do that. But if Hollow wins? It's Game Over!!! "Industry" Rappers would never step foot inside the ring again.

Prediction: Joe Budden 2-1... But if Hollow wins the coin toss & goes last, all bets are off. His freestyle rebuttals are hilarious & could really clown Joe.

Back to my original thought though. Which other "Industry" Rapper do you think would make a nice transition into Battle Rap? I got a few:

Crooked Eye - son is a BEAST! Even Budden said it
Fred Da GodSon - his wordplay is bananas. He'd cook
Lupe Fiasco - Lupe is a very cerebral dude, craaaazy lyrical
Action Bronson - another dope lyricist. Plus he's funny ass nigga
Meek Mill - He came up battling, he knows what it takes. Plus his Swag/Performace skills are on another level

What do ya'll think?
Do you agree/disagree?
Who would you add to the list?

Obey
05-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Earl Sweatshirt.. Probably one of the craziest lyricist.

Fidel Z
05-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Cassidy would be dope. That'd be a good look for him.

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Cassidy already said he wouldn't battle a Battle MC... He'd only do it if it was an Industry nigga & the bread was right Fidel Z... He said "why would I battle a nigga that hadn't out a song out yet? I'd be moving backwards. Niggas would have to give me something worth my while"

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I've heard of Earl Sweatshirt Obey, put I've nèver heard one of his songs. I'll have to check him out

Subreal
05-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Eminem should battle again lol

Fidel Z
05-02-2014, 09:18 PM
TECH NiNE
Andre 3K
Kendrick
Royce 5'9

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
He's sponsoring the whole Total Slaughter event Subreal... He's not getting back in the ring though, Eminen hates attention. Nigga is a hermit, Lol.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Word Fidel Z... Pretty much anybody in Slaughterhouse has the pen game to battle rap. Imagine my nigga Joell Ortiz on stage talking about smashing your mom with the whole crowd yelling YAHWAAA!!! Lol, disrespectful...

CakedOut
05-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Joe Budden gonna choke. Hollow 3-0.

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Noooooooway CakedOut... I guarantee you Budden is coming with plenty ammo. His pen game is forreal my G. I've been listening to Joey for like 10 years, he's not going out like Canibus

CakedOut
05-02-2014, 09:37 PM
lol if u say so. Hollow pen game is crazy to, the thing about hollow is, he's all around. he can come from different angles, dope personals, performance good, everything on point.

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 09:43 PM
CakedOut Bleu

Joe Budden freestyle on Flex... Straight bars:
http://youtu.be/67H3onMl08w

Babylon
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Eminem should battle again lol

shit would be tragic as fuck, every sub-par bar would get crowd reaction.

Earl Sweatshirt.. Probably one of the craziest lyricist.

I could easily see Sly getting in on a battle verse with that horrorcore shit he has.

TECH NiNE

Wouldn't be good imo, he relies on insane flows which are edited out when he has to breath and shit. I don't think he's ever spit a punch either lmao, him and battle rap just don't fit in my opinion.

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Another freestyle on Flex:

http://youtu.be/R5t-_YiS7aM

Listen to the bars, he's a BEAST...

Rant
05-02-2014, 10:05 PM
None of the bars in either of those freestyles were battle oriented, though.

CakedOut
05-02-2014, 10:16 PM
ELOH_STACKz yeah he got bars, he'd probably would kill hollow on the tracks but battling is a whole different thing. should be a interesting matchup.

ELOH STACKz
05-02-2014, 10:19 PM
There was definitely a few battle bars in there. He was coooooooking, Lol... He'll be zeroing specifically on Hollow for this battle too, the shits won't be as veiled... I can't wait for this shit Jack Skellington

Mr-Felon
05-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Joe Budden has track battled GAME,RANSOM, and many more but I think Hollow got this I think Crooked I is dope as fuck and prolly could convert to Battle rap

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Ps Joe Budden def has lines for days in his older tracks

The Dope Man
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
when's this all goin down... y'all been talkin anbout it for a minute.....

Mr-Felon
05-02-2014, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ34LJcr5Uo

ELOH STACKz
05-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Ya'll r sleeping on my nigga Buddens maaaaannn, I'm telling you. He's gonna eat Hollow's food!! If battle rap wasnt so subjective, I'd bet money on Joe... It's going down July 12th @ Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC BLUNT-MAN

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

I wanna see Fred Da Godson vs. Chilla Jones or Conceited... Wordplay vs. Wordplay. I think that would be Dope

SAND
05-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I think Joe could bring some dope bars. Face it, he wouldn't have agreed to this if he knew for certain he couldn't satisfy.

ELOH STACKz
05-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Exaccccccctly WarSand... Niggas act like writing to a beat isn't waaaaaaaay harder than spitting something accapella. Joey got this...

Fredo Lombardi
05-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I can't see Joe beating Hollow well maybe one round

Óðinn
05-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Joey been my favourite rapper for years now
i think he'll lose though
he doesnt have nearly the level of experience Hollow has on a big stage for battle rap

I see what you're saying. Though there may be a slight variation in the art form alright, performing in front of large crowds is still the same. Joe's well used to spitting in front of large crowds. His confidence level's gonna be on point along with his bars.

To think that Hollow has more experiance than Joe's madness...it's not like Joe's gonna be out of his comfort zone or something lol

Fredo Lombardi
05-03-2014, 05:41 PM
2FUEL didn't Joe Budden kick a fan out because he was sleeping at one of his concerts?

Phil Banks
05-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Budden is the only dude I ever seen who got famous but always had internet concepts... like even back in the day dude was on some other shit......dont like his new music but if he come out with them "dumb bout bars" or 7 minutes of death... or channel the hunger he had when it was A-Team an Clue tapes.... Hollow in trouble... most of these dudes grew up on Budden...

Óðinn
05-03-2014, 06:51 PM
2FUEL didn't Joe Budden kick a fan out because he was sleeping at one of his concerts?

I've no idea, man. :confused:

Óðinn
05-03-2014, 10:48 PM
i think its a huge variation in the art form
battle rappers suck at music .. and most artists suck at battle rap
so even tho Joe is used to having an audience .. it doesnt mean he'll be able to outrap Hollow
hes used to writing music not battles

still excited for it though .. it will definitely be interesting

Yeah that's very true. I just think Joe'd be well able to write battle style bars, no problem. Either way it's defo gonna be something sick.

ELOH STACKz
05-04-2014, 02:01 AM
I see what you're saying. Though there may be a slight variation in the art form alright, performing in front of large crowds is still the same. Joe's well used to spitting in front of large crowds. His confidence level's gonna be on point along with his bars.

To think that Hollow has more experiance than Joe's madness...it's not like Joe's gonna be out of his comfort zone or something lol

Exactly what I was saying. Niggas r like "Joe gotta perform. Hollow has more experience". Son, Slaughterhouse has performed at Summer Jam, a venue that holds over 70,000 people. Hollow prob never rapped in front of more than 700, Lol.

CakedOut
05-04-2014, 02:21 AM
Exactly what I was saying. Niggas r like "Joe gotta perform. Hollow has more experience". Son, Slaughterhouse has performed at Summer Jam, a venue that holds over 70,000 people. Hollow prob never rapped in front of more than 700, Lol.

hollow won't be nervous. he coming off a tie with the best battler ever, loaded lux. some people even said he won 2-1. I'm not gonna knock budden cause I don't listen to him. Only song I heard from him was Pump it up off that b2k movie lol.

HandWrapz
05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
I personally think its all Internet Gas, like the Cassidy Vs Mook thing. Difference is Joe Budden is not doing it for cake so possibilities are stronger this time.. I think Joe willl do good enough to make other rappers want to step in, not push them away.. Joe is the right man for this Job, couldnt think of a much better one.

My predictions is they only go one round And Hollow wins. If they go 3, I say Joe gets atleast 1.

In regards to other rappers, Well Obvious the whole Slaughter is nice with the Bars, Best in the Industry right now. Crooked was one of the 1st West Coast Rappers Battle rapping vs EastCoast nighas, while traveling to the EastCoast.. He Battled the Ruff Ryders once and killed shit. Back in the days when battles felt like Crazy Cyphers.. I think out of all Slaugther memebers he would do best in Battle rap vs Hollow.. Joel Ortiz was a battle rapper, thats how he got known, that whole EA Sports Battle rap Tourney for SMACKTUBE.. Check it..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6zGqsGKBbk, and Also We all Know Royce got killed by Mr Fab in a live Battle.. but Royce grew up battle rapping.. He is a Natural.

Now enough about slaugther.. i think there is plenty more with Potential.. I think Nino Bless, Chino XL would be a great, I think Papoose would Drop some real Sick shit in a battle.. I even think Ludacris would be funny ass fuck and a great Battle.

ELOH STACKz
05-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I forgot about Chino XL. He been around for a minute iWrekm... Papoose should make the transition. This nigga been out for a decade & still hasn't dropped an official album yet, Lol.

Fredo Lombardi
05-06-2014, 05:09 PM
yeah Papoose finally dropped The Nacirema Dream last year ELOH_STACKz
and nobody gave a fuck because lots of us were waiting for it since '06-07

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Freddie Gibbs might battle rap soon
he was bragging about how he would smash one of these battle niggas

FreezyCT
05-06-2014, 06:41 PM
id like to see j cole in that element..it'd be a terrible look as the content is apples to oranges, but id enjoy it

Godbody
05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Fred Da Godson
Papoose
Grafh

I could see any of them hoppin in the ring...Cassidy is ass I wouldn't enjoy anything involving Cassidy and battling. Cassodys style was ahead of its time in like 2004 but when time passes and your style stays the same you fall behind

Hubert Cumberdale
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Prince S Tana

Crhyme956
05-06-2014, 08:40 PM
gonna be some badass shit...

KingGonzBeatz
05-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I Got Hollow 2-1 ..if it goes 3..
i think Cassidy & Meek need to Step in the Ring n Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbxZyBIFP8

ELOH STACKz
05-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Jooooooooooeeey!!!! Nigga gonna demolish Hollow #JustWhenNigGasThoughtHollowsHadPointsToTheyRounds #StandUpNiggasDontLean

Evolution
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Damn I need to brush up on some of these rappers you all are talking about. I been sleeping lately. Been recently peeping Hopsin. I always been stuck on the game, jay z, nas, big L, papoose, cassidy. Never heard much of crooked I, earl sweartshirt, and some these others kats yall mentioning. Got any suggestions or links so I can educate myself a bit?