PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest vs David Sterling

Krhyme Killz
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
on some g shit...what Ron Ron did was ALOT worse than Sterling said..to a personal confidant...in the privacy of his own home.

i understand that some sort of action was in order, but this was the type of situation where the punishment is going to naturally come by the loss of his business partners, sponsorships, reputation, free agent repellant, etc. what Ron Artest did probably should have got him a lifetime ban imo

thoughts

Denton
04-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Sterling is fucked. 2.5m fine and lifetime ban hahahahaha

The Dope Man
04-29-2014, 04:47 PM
you talkn about Metta's fights?

Sterling did go OD in that convo..i dont think its worth 2.5 mil tho Or a Lifetime ban..i agree with what your saying about the natural punishment of losing the business but it still a bad look for the NBA in general to have him still running shit..

Denton
04-29-2014, 05:22 PM
He's getting both

Obey
04-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Lol at getting banned and fined. I forgot freedom of speech isn't allowed in America anymore.

Babylon
04-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah I also think it's outrageous to fine someone for stating an opinion, be it a completely ignorant opinion.

Don't know anything about him or the clippers, but if the dude is racist the dude is racist. You don't see random rednecks getting fined millions of dollars for saying they hate n*ggers..

Obey
04-29-2014, 05:47 PM
If it was a black guy saying ''I don't want no rednecks at my game.'' It'd be no issue. So what if he doesn't want black people at his game. Maybe he's had past run-in or confrontations w/ a black man that leads to this repented anger. I'm not racist at all, I have friends that're black, I don't see people as colors. I just think it's ridiculous how soft this issue still is. I understand slavery, blah blah blah. Slavery didn't happen TO YOU. It was your ancestors, stop reaping benefits from the issue. If racism is ever going to end, remove exclusive points for cop/fireman/SAT testings, own scholarships. How do you ever expect to be united if people still dividing shit? That's my sermon for the day. *Steps off podium like Eminem in When I'm gone.*

Babylon
04-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Samuel L Jackson: "I voted for Obama because he's black" = Not racist. (I know this isn't the textbook definition of racism, but it plays into this situation.)
Chris Rock: "Most white people in America live in trailers, eat mayonnaise sandwiches, and fuck their sisters" = Not racist.

Donald Sterling: "I don't want you hanging around with black people" = Racist.

Now DS is going to have to live with the brand of a racist piece of shit his entire life, while the two above will go on talk shows & comedy tours.

Remember guys! Minorities can't be racist and females can't be sexist!

Rant
04-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Lol at getting banned and fined. I forgot freedom of speech isn't allowed in America anymore.

You also forgot that freedom of speech is meant in order for one to voice their opinion about the government, and its practices.

Dean
04-29-2014, 05:56 PM
It's all about the position he was in. Anything bad thing he does, such as his comments, will be magnified. This brought negative attention to the clippers and the rest of the nba, so the admins. had to take action.

Rant
04-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Samuel L Jackson: "I voted for Obama because he's black" = Not racist. (I know this isn't the textbook definition of racism, but it plays into this situation.)
Chris Rock: "Most white people in America live in trailers, eat mayonnaise sandwiches, and fuck their sisters" = Not racist.

Donald Sterling: "I don't want you hanging around with black people" = Racist.

Now DS is going to have to live with the brand of a racist piece of shit his entire life, while the two above will go on talk shows & comedy tours.

Remember guys! Minorities can't be racist and females can't be sexist!

Don't you watch fox news? Racism no longer exists.

Babylon
04-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Don't you watch fox news? Racism no longer exists.

I forgot man sorry, thanks for putting me in my place.

*turns back on Bill o' Reilly*

Godbody
04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
lol you actin as if Donald Sterling got really punished the dude got a slap on the wrist

2.5 million fine? dudes worth over 1 bill

& he's banned from attending the games..he's still profiting off the team even when he's not there

& his partners can try to do the 3/4ths vote to get him to sell his share of the team but if he took it to court he would win because he was recorded without even knowing he was being recorded in the comfort of his own home

& Crysis you have a very shitty point of view...its one thing to have racist material because you're laughing with people that are laughing with you...its not your true sentiments

its another thing to own a team where the majority of players are black and having a lengthy history of treating them inferior then coming out getting caught on a recording basically saying blacks are shit and i cant associate with them.

tf kinda shit is that 2 completely different sides of the coin

Krhyme Killz
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
free speech has nothing to do with being fined in a sports league. free speech means you wont get locked the fuck up or killed for what you say....so we definitely should respect that.

@Pulse...i hear you god...but this will likely effect his real estate business as well. not because people give a fuck about black people..but because they would hate to look like they dont give a fuck about black people

Babylon
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
If he actually treated them inferior then I suppose he deserves a type of punishment, but simply STATING an opinion to a person & being punished seems stupid for me.

but that could easily be turned around, so it isn't the best logic. Just seems odd.

Krhyme Killz
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
i would say specifically naming one of the top 3 players of all time (Earving Johnson) in a racially charged tirade about social media is enough lol

J u s T C
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
& Crysis you have a very shitty point of view...its one thing to have racist material because you're laughing with people that are laughing with you...its not your true sentiments

its another thing to own a team where the majority of players are black and having a lengthy history of treating them inferior then coming out getting caught on a recording basically saying blacks are shit and i cant associate with them.

tf kinda shit is that 2 completely different sides of the coin

You know god damn well that if a white comedian got on stage said some shit about how all blacks live in trees and eat nothing but watermelon, kfc and bananas while robbing their neighbours tree and if Leo Dicaprio said he voted for the next president because he was white that there would be outrage.