PDA

View Full Version : My goodbye for a little.

Obey
02-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Awesome site may I start with. I feel I'm not up to standards, but it's been a ride. My style don't mesh w/ the site and it never will. HUGE shoutout to Manhattan and @EtH thank you for the support. I'm done the battling though, too much time and effort for over-looked shit. Letsbeef keep real.

lllllllllllll
02-16-2014, 02:57 AM
Too soon. Especially from one of our newly champs..

SAND
02-16-2014, 03:25 AM
Good luck to you and may you find better somewhere else.

RULE
02-16-2014, 03:51 AM
Im not buying it.

Seems to me that you've stagnated and your refusing to look at why.

If you feel like your no longer up to scratch and being over-looked (2 months after winning ROTY no less...) then maybe you need to make changes instead of excuses.

F2D

1/

Snoopy316
02-16-2014, 06:04 AM
I think he just need some time.

ILLoKWENT
02-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Dont quit now fam.. find out what ur doing wrong and ask questions.. every one is willing to help u in anyway.

RULE
02-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Dont quit now fam.. find out what ur doing wrong and ask questions.. every one is willing to help u in anyway.

^ Right here.

Vegeta
02-16-2014, 07:46 AM
I would say
1. either change ur writing style and adapt to what style is here

or

2. Bring whatever style keep the punches consistently dope all time :D

Vegeta
02-16-2014, 08:31 AM
this guy would never stop haating on me lol

J u s T C
02-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Thread is lame. Has a cringe factor of 9.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 10:07 AM
First off, listen to ILL. I was just saying to him yesterday that when he lost his last GC battle, he was pissed. He felt like he'd been battling for a few years, and was not getting the results out of bullshit. He had two choices. One was to quit, like he was planning. The other was to do exactly what he did, go into beast mode and revolutionize the LBT.

In text, your problem is that you advanced too quickly. Advice from guys like Erupt has you trying to deliver your punchlines at too high of a level, so you aren't doing justice to your concepts. I was saying this to Lock yesterday as well. Simple as fuck "like" punchlines are 100% fine to deliver your punches, all the way up until you become a GC contender.

I've been trying to get your posting in that recent challenge in ACs, and I was a bit disappointed that you didn't. It's a 100%, back to the start punchline game. It's not just aimed at guys to learn punchlines, but it's also good to backtrack. Your problem in text is that you missed out some of the fundamentals in elevating so fast. It's like being a boxer who KOed everyone, but didn't learn how to use his jab. If you're going to quit battling, get in the crew forums, and fuck about with those games. It takes no time at all to do, and will help ridiculously in the long haul.

If you are really done for a bit, good luck with whatever you move onto mate. Not many have won the ROTY here so you can hold your head high about your achievement.

Lockhart
02-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Obey Come on, bro. Everyone in this thread that given you an encouraging word is right. It's not from people sleeping on you, it's just you've either hit a plateau and you need to make that extra step or you're simply forgettinga basic. You're too talented to quit, fam. We all know that.

J u s T C
02-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I can't believe he made a thread like "I'm leaving guys"
Now I'm sat back laughing as I see them cry.

cause that's so

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Jay-Z_@_Shawn_%27Jay-Z%27_Carter_Foundation_Carnival_%28crop_2%29.jpg

Dean
02-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Whats with jayz?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Lol...you should stay tho Obey

Even if you do leave, you'll be back eventually (seen it happen a billion times)

J u s T C
02-16-2014, 10:29 AM
I dunno mate, whats with you?

Joe MuGGz
02-16-2014, 10:35 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq1iewv5l81qiunvpo1_250.gif

Dean
02-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Lol

"The drive to greatness requires that you fight the battle against resistance. The weak will fall in to the trap, but the strong will compel forward. You strengthen your will by clarifying your purpose, getting in to motion, and never relenting" -Sean Patrick

Some morning inspiration lol

Row
02-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Im not buying it.

Seems to me that you've stagnated and your refusing to look at why.

If you feel like your no longer up to scratch and being over-looked (2 months after winning ROTY no less...) then maybe you need to make changes instead of excuses.

F2D

1/

word.

Fidel Z
02-16-2014, 10:55 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/65420d8acada7a5fc78fba2c23353e14/tumblr_mpjselo4Lo1ribd6jo1_500.gif

Obey Come on cuz

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 11:04 AM
GIFs on this website fucking suck. Literally, I've never once laughed, or even found humour, in a GIF posted on here.

*Cue someone originally posting with a GIF in response, namely Denton or Fidel*

Vegeta
02-16-2014, 11:07 AM
I can't believe he made a thread like "I'm leaving guys"
Now I'm sat back laughing as I see them cry.

cause that's so

LMFAO

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Jay-Z_@_Shawn_%27Jay-Z%27_Carter_Foundation_Carnival_%28crop_2%29.jpg

Denton
02-16-2014, 11:44 AM
At least stick around and be a forum persona. You dont have to constantly battle all the time in my opinion that slows my mental agility at work. Just take a break from battling but stick around. Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your endeavors

FiNAL WoRD
02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Fuck you ....

Joe MuGGz
02-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Fuck you ....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lposuy0TWm1qiunvpo1_500.gif

J u s T C
02-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Gorilla gifs ftw

Joe MuGGz
02-16-2014, 12:21 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/75809-everybody-knows-nobody-cares-g-ZR8p.gif

GIFs on this website fucking suck. Literally, I've never once laughed, or even found humour, in a GIF posted on here.

*Cue someone originally posting with a GIF in response, namely Denton or Fidel*

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2014, 12:42 PM
First off, listen to ILL. I was just saying to him yesterday that when he lost his last GC battle, he was pissed. He felt like he'd been battling for a few years, and was not getting the results out of bullshit. He had two choices. One was to quit, like he was planning. The other was to do exactly what he did, go into beast mode and revolutionize the LBT.

In text, your problem is that you advanced too quickly. Advice from guys like Erupt has you trying to deliver your punchlines at too high of a level, so you aren't doing justice to your concepts. I was saying this to Lock yesterday as well. Simple as fuck "like" punchlines are 100% fine to deliver your punches, all the way up until you become a GC contender.

I've been trying to get your posting in that recent challenge in ACs, and I was a bit disappointed that you didn't. It's a 100%, back to the start punchline game. It's not just aimed at guys to learn punchlines, but it's also good to backtrack. Your problem in text is that you missed out some of the fundamentals in elevating so fast. It's like being a boxer who KOed everyone, but didn't learn how to use his jab. If you're going to quit battling, get in the crew forums, and fuck about with those games. It takes no time at all to do, and will help ridiculously in the long haul.

If you are really done for a bit, good luck with whatever you move onto mate. Not many have won the ROTY here so you can hold your head high about your achievement.

What you mean advice from guys like Erupt? lol My assistance has givin birth to LBT champions

Spooky Deep
02-16-2014, 01:46 PM
This is why I have 0 gay friends

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 02:37 PM
What you mean advice from guys like Erupt? lol My assistance has givin birth to LBT champions

You give bad advice to up and comers, great advice to big names.

I remember I got you to judge a week's challenge in ACs Academy. Butchering dudes on played punchlines, unoriginal concepts, basic deliveries etc. Dudes literally learned what a multi was 7 days earlier and now you're throwing all this shit at them lmao.

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2014, 03:37 PM
lmao.. Yeah I'll leave all that basic shit for you to teach... I'm not patient enough to deal with niggas that don't know the basics tbh.

Once you master the basics, get your black belt, you come holla at Rupt for your stripes

Your favorite textcees teacher... I'll take it.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Had you done ANY of that in ACs, might have worked out better :D. Yeah I'm more into developing the basics in people rather than helping them advance past that. I find that's really down to them to bring themselves to that next level.

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2014, 09:30 PM
No you just havent reached the next level yourself, therefore it is up to those that have, to do so.. :)

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Nicholas said that Obey was being held back by being in ACs because I wasn't good enough to teach him how to get to the next level :(

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2014, 09:48 PM
haha thats messed up.... Its nice to have someone to teach you how to get to the next level, but ultimately, like you said, you either have it, or you don't. It's mostly up to you to practice on your own

You can't let Obey dip tho, dude just won Rookie of the year fam ha

ILLoKWENT
02-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Nicholas said that Obey was being held back by being in ACs because I wasn't good enough to teach him how to get to the next level :(

I have to disagree wit a crew holding someones potential down.. its on the individual himself imo..u can lead a horse to water..but you cant force it to drink...crew is just a sub forum. Thats private.. if one thinks that simply being in the right crew creates elevation is sadly mistaken. Its a combination of handson experience ..fellow peers and personal studying..and then knowing HOW to combine all the ingredience the right way...

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2014, 10:18 PM
^Won LBT in ACs. Defended it several time in ACs.

ACs holds people back because I suck. Huh? :D

Lockhart
02-16-2014, 10:30 PM
I was foolish enough at one time to think that I stopped elevating because of the crew I was in, but now I see it was just me. You have to be hungry enough and want it badly enough to try to elevate yourself. If you are hungry enough, then don't quit on it Obey If you aren't hungry enough for it, then that's ok, too. You have the talent for it, but don't let a loss bring you down about elevating even more.

Dean
02-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Obey said fuck this shit

Phracture
02-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Damn Obey

You're just not grasping the fact that it takes people different amount of time to elevate

You just got the Rookie Champion title proving that you slightly excel your joining class so I don't get the recognition you feel you're not getting tbh

sounds like you're wining because some battles aren't going your way.

Dean
02-16-2014, 11:53 PM
You guys are pretty vague when you say some people just can't get to the next level.

I see a lot of people say you either have or you don't blah blah blah you can't get any better, but what can't you improve?

+ you can always get better at wording
+ you can always get better flow/set-ups
+ Creativity with punches may be tricky, but you CAN become more creative.

With hard work, i don't understand how you can't become better or 'get to that next level.

Erupt da Monsta
02-17-2014, 12:00 AM
You guys are pretty vague when you say some people just can't get to the next level.

I see a lot of people say you either have or you don't blah blah blah you can't get any better, but what can't you improve?

+ you can always get better at wording
+ you can always get better flow/set-ups
+ Creativity with punches may be tricky, but you CAN become more creative.

With hard work, i don't understand how you can't become better or 'get to that next level.

You can become better at all those things, but doesnt mean you can become dominant.

Some people can't create "concepts" as well as others, some people are naturally better at things... Some people are better writers period. Some people CANT get any better, because they dont have the writing gift that another person has.

Contrary to some belief... Not everyone can work hard, and become a dominant texter... I've seen dudes text for years, and still are barely above average, and they work their ass off at it.

It comes down to how hard you work, but also, some people are just far better writers than others, because their mind works differently. Its life man

Snoopy316
02-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Erupts advice is

"be creative, think of random words, and see if they form two or more meanings, throughout the day try to find random things or events and see if you can make a punch out of it so you know it's fresh and creative and not played"

made sense and pretty decent advice to me.

Dean
02-17-2014, 12:15 AM
You can become better at all those things, but doesnt mean you can become dominant.

Some people can't create "concepts" as well as others, some people are naturally better at things... Some people are better writers period. Some people CANT get any better, because they dont have the writing gift that another person has.

Contrary to some belief... Not everyone can work hard, and become a dominant texter... I've seen dudes text for years, and still are barely above average, and they work their ass off at it.

It comes down to how hard you work, but also, some people are just far better writers than others, because their mind works differently. Its life man

Meh, I agree some people are just naturally better at a given field, but I still believe you can always increase your skill level at something. But, then again, maybe I don't know enough information to be saying that.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Erupts advice is

"be creative, think of random words, and see if they form two or more meanings, throughout the day try to find random things or events and see if you can make a punch out of it so you know it's fresh and creative and not played"

That's really good advice tbh

Erupt you should make a elevation crew, compete with ACs and originals lol

Denton
02-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Fuck what ya heard

Erupt da Monsta
02-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Erupts advice is

Yeah, thats some advice to find creative punches, that arent played... Like use the newspaper, books you've read, current events, etc....

DJ Denton suggested using idioms, which can also do damage.

Dean...

I've been helping a lot of people recently through the I.M's.... or P.M's.. it's a lot easier that way... So if anybody wants to holla at me..

Add me as friend... Ayyy its a party its a party its a partaaaay :partay:

Subreal
01-15-2015, 07:56 PM
bump cause obey's a crying faggot

Obey
01-15-2015, 07:57 PM
This looked like me crying? Looked like me admitting I wasn't elevating, so I took time off and came back better. Idk tho *shrugs*

Subreal
01-15-2015, 08:10 PM
" My style don't mesh w/ the site and it never will." Truest words you have ever spoken.

Lockhart
01-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Bruh...

Row
01-15-2015, 10:15 PM
" My style don't mesh w/ the site and it never will." Truest words you have ever spoken.

lmao that was harsh bruv

Denton
01-15-2015, 11:21 PM
The Necrophilia is real

Skizzo
01-16-2015, 01:03 AM
I gotta agree with RULE here man, I've seen your work, you do have the skill level needed to adapt and survive, you just need some direction bro.

Stick around and hit me up in inbox or chat if you ever wanna go over some bars / styles. I'll help ya figure it out bro.