PDA

View Full Version : Chess

Vegeta
02-09-2014, 07:19 AM
LB got quite good number of members on Chess.com

I am putting down list of known members here... if anyone else is there then lemme know and i will update it

Vegeta - TacticalPlayer

NOBLE - NobleTactician

Subreal - Subreal

Crysis - xSync

Snoopy316 - Birdhy316

Nicholas - NickBenger

Victor Mancini - H4voc

Dean - beastyja360

Vintage Jack - VintageJack

Lockhart - JTL95

Fidel Z - Fidel_Z

ILLoKWENT - ILLOKWENT

RULE - ClassickRule

Anarchist - AnarchyLB

Student - TheStudent3

But, mostly Me,Victor,NOBLE,Crysis and Subreal are active. Idk about others lol

Babylon
02-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Haha yeah, I'm trying to get better now so that I can actually face you guys. NOBLE beat me about 6 times in a row...............

Vegeta
02-09-2014, 11:03 AM
lol noble killed me 6 times too.. later i drawn one :D

cAPÌCHe
02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Im about to sign up I def love the game of chess and need to touch up on my strategy .

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 03:58 PM
How come people act like chess is this game of high intelligence and shit, when something like CoD probably requires more strategy and also reactions?

cAPÌCHe
02-09-2014, 04:20 PM
How come people act like chess is this game of high intelligence and shit, when something like CoD probably requires more strategy and also reactions?

COD don't require as much strategy... It just involves basic knowledge of the map, Reaction skills and weapons that are most effective to each map. This is coming from a dude with 2.1 KD ratio.

Snoopy316
02-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Chess is a game where u can exercise ur brain. EtH prob don't have one to require such exercise

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I like to play some of u live but seems like the time zone makes it hard.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 04:40 PM
COD don't require as much strategy... It just involves basic knowledge of the map, Reaction skills and weapons that are most effective to each map. This is coming from a dude with 2.1 KD ratio.

2.69 ratio :D

But it takes a bit more than that in some games. Hardcore capture the flag is pretty much a level where you need to tac in, clear their tacs, pick your route based on the flow of the game, pick your classes based on speed and effectiveness and several other things.

I also dont change my weapons based on the map. Why would you do that?

MAN DOWN
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Honestly cod isn't shot compared to chess. Especially it you do tournaments. Try playing 2 hours , or even speed chess tournaments.. Cod is about aim and the exit your opponent is coming out of. Or turning ur analog stick to make sure nobodies behind u.. No brain power lol

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 04:59 PM
It's just a hierarchy of knowledge imo. It's like how you could write Classical Music Aficionado on a CV but couldn't even touch on being a rap fan.

And I only used COD as an example as well. I do play shit like Scrabble a lot which would be considered "intelligent" but again, I'd probably try and use more strategy in playing COD.

Dean
02-09-2014, 05:07 PM

Lol chess requires wayyyyy more strategy, and this is coming from an experienced cod player.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Smh Vegeta...How do you not have the grandmaster on there? Dean= beastyja360

cAPÌCHe
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
2.69 ratio :D

But it takes a bit more than that in some games. Hardcore capture the flag is pretty much a level where you need to tac in, clear their tacs, pick your route based on the flow of the game, pick your classes based on speed and effectiveness and several other things.

I also dont change my weapons based on the map. Why would you do that?

Nice KD!.

Some maps are close combat maps vs. sniper maps Imo.

But It's just alot to know In COD vs Chess but chess requires almost seeing In the future or breaking down they type of player you're up against.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Lol chess requires wayyyyy more strategy, and this is coming from an experienced cod player.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Smh Vegeta...How do you not have the grandmaster on there? Dean= beastyja360

I've found that a high level of Chess highly cuts down the amount of potential situations. There may be millions of moves, but there are a lot of times that someone will come across a situation on the board that they have seen previously. I prefer games that are more individual and has more player personality involved. I find that is where strategy most comes in, figuring out behavioural patterns of people quickly.

MAN DOWN
02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
You can play against a computer on aggressive really aggressive suicidal passive and then change the skill level all the way up to 3040 on a free chess app lol. There are different personalities. Plus the computer doesn't do te same shit neither does the human because one move changes EVERYTHING.

Dean
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
The openings are mostly memorization, but its a different story in the middlegame. You have to create your own strategy and find tactics. Sure, there's times where I recognize a pattern and know the best move in response, but 80% of the time it's me thinking for myself. It's mostly just the really experienced chess players, 1900 and above, that have style/personality in a game. That's where you see the super defensive players, and, on the other hand, the players that are all about attacking.

2.23 kd in Cod

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 05:27 PM
I dunno. To me that's like saying "One dude camping changes EVERYTHING". Again, I play Scrabble, which probably has a lot of likenesses with Chess, but I just wouldn't get the personality coming through the game as I would on for example a game like Fight Night.

2.69 KD is at around prestige 6 in Black Ops 1 for the record (only playing HC TDM). It's low enough on Black Ops 2 because I was playing HC CTF, which I played objectively.

MAN DOWN
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Scrabble? That's knowing words, and going off of letters u pick out.. but yeah i get where ur comin from but theres a lot more personality to it, in person u can bluff people make it seem as though u are focused on one spot then switch the setting quick asl. Even looking at a piece on the board can make your opponenets time run out just because he's trying to fimd what ur looking at

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Sacrifice a queen for checkmate, or three pieces for checkmate.. Its all about scheming which comes from the person

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Scrabble? That's knowing words, and going off of letters u pick out.. but yeah i get where ur comin from but theres a lot more personality to it, in person u can bluff people make it seem as though u are focused on one spot then switch the setting quick asl. Even looking at a piece on the board can make your opponenets time run out just because he's trying to fimd what ur looking at

I wasn't saying Scrabble is more or less than Chess btw.

But "thats knowing words" is like saying Chess is "moving stuff".

MAN DOWN
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Knowing is your foundation, moving is an action

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
You also have to move the words into place in Scrabble :D

MAN DOWN
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
So ur hand moving a square to the board is hard huh lol there's no strategy there. But shiiiiit be safe bro.

Subreal
02-09-2014, 06:33 PM
the first problem all of you have is thinking pub matches kdr mean anything in CoD at all.. hit up gamebattles

Hubert Cumberdale
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
^I could never find a team that played HC CTF.

NOBLE
02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
If you don't think chess requires that much strategy, chances are you are probably not that good in chess. Trust me, I once thought the same thing when I first started learning. The more you learn, the deeper the rabbit hole goes. It requires even more strategy the better you are and the stronger your opponent.

Vegeta
02-09-2014, 09:01 PM
UnEtHiCaL u just cant play chess bro :D

Dean added

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Outta 14 guys known here...

the 6 intellectuals are from BSI :D and 2 (Vintage and Anar) signed up when they were BSI ..

hence, BSI not only aims at group elevation but also aims at making fellas intelligent :D now if u are good then join our crew haha

Student
02-13-2014, 04:21 PM
TheStudent3

Subreal
02-13-2014, 07:46 PM
everybody signing up lol

Vegeta
02-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Subreal lol yeah

Student updated