PDA

View Full Version : Random Ideas

Babylon
02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
RULE
Pugz

Here are a few random ideas I feel would improve the site, provide your opinions here if you'd like.

1 - Forum Notifications
The forum notification system we have now often goes unused, the way it's designed is effectively like having every regular notification you get stay on the list, and you have to sift through them to find what you're looking for. I propose that we could, instead have the same type of feature as when someone votes on your battles or sends you a PM when someone mentions or tags you. For example, if rule were to say: "Crysis what's up?" in a thread I would get a notification that says "RULE mentioned you" then it would briefly show what he said in the mention, and you could click it and it would bring you to where he mentioned me. The same thing would go for tagging, Also.

2 - Credit Shop
There could be a "shop" part of the site dedicated to purchasing small perks and emcee items in exchange for credits. This will encourage voting if the rewards are worth it, and that's ALWAYS a great thing. This has been talked about before, but I really want to reiterate and get this happening.

3 - Pay for advertising.
Pugz or whoever really runs this should start paying for advertising on popular sites. Almost every major site in existence has advertising programs in which you can enlist your site with a banner, and when people click it, it takes them to your site. Every site is different, but bringing people here to buy exclusive or donate like so many have is well worth it in my opinion. (Looking at it from an economical standpoint, obviously. Realistically activity for the site is a great thing but if you're buying advertisements for the site & not getting a return for it, it's not really worth it to advertise in the first place)

4 - Different Donator Tiers.
As of right now, you can only donate $15 or up for a specific set of perks & rewards. I purpose a system in which you can choose through different tiers of donation "packages" that give better perks the higher they get. The first tier can be what we have now, $15. This could give you the "Donor" award, possibly a small sum of credits (This would be especially good if you implement the aforementioned credit shop), and some emcee items. Then, once you get into the higher tiers you could implement some of the cooler features such as the custom colored title that some of us donators have and so on. I also think a spot on the person's profile could show what tier they've donated for, just for some more recognition and a thank you for doing so.

5 - FVC Get more VP.
I'm actually not sure if this is already a thing or not, but I personally believe that if someone votes good enough to be considered for the Fair Voters Club they should get a tad bit more VP, not much of course. Just a slight edge over the other normal or bad voters on the site so that their votes leave more of an impact, since they are in a special group dedicated to good voters.

6 - A page that shows website updates/progress.
I didn't really know how to explain this properly, so I made this really shitty picture to attempt to explain it:

http://i.imgur.com/gFfDmQR.png

Basically, a new page called 'Updates & Changes' could be put into place where a graph of all the features to come are set up and a percentage as to how close they are to being finished would be with them. This would boost the morale of the site by letting the members see what the new features are and how long they are from coming to fruition. It would also show that you guys are actually working instead of just making empty promises to boost up the morale of the site then
nothing happens.

Drop your opinions on these here.

V3numb
02-04-2014, 03:53 PM
crysis for idea mod....

Babylon
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
bumping

Hubert Cumberdale
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
All pretty easily doable.

Credits would take A LOT of work to revamp though.

Donations should 100% go into advertising. Denton's radio show is cool and all, but if there's no one listening, the money should go into getting us new members.

Babylon
02-04-2014, 08:19 PM
All pretty easily doable.

Credits would take A LOT of work to revamp though.

Donations should 100% go into advertising. Denton's radio show is cool and all, but if there's no one listening, the money should go into getting us new members.

I agree wholeheartedly about Donations. Even if everyone was watching the Radio show advertising on a mass scale is MUCH more important, in my opinion. That and he's quite inactive with LB Radio because of irl matters, so once again I agree.

Subreal
02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
i thought fvc members already had a tad more VP. i think normal people have 2 and they have more

Babylon
02-04-2014, 08:34 PM
i thought fvc members already had a tad more VP. i think normal people have 2 and they have more

Yeah it seems like a no-brainer for them to have more, but I wasn't 100% if it was already a feature or not so I included it.

V3numb
02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
members - 2VP
FVC - 4VP
Staff - 6VP

Babylon
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
members - 2VP
FVC - 4VP
Staff - 6VP

That's dope, thanks for the information.

Subreal
02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
I think there should be a scroll bar for titles so people can have a bunch of accolades on one account instead of having to put them on multis. ( u can currently only hold so many titles)

V3numb
02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
I think there should be a scroll bar for titles so people can have a bunch of accolades on one account instead of having to put them on multis. ( u can currently only hold so many titles)

how often do niggas get enough titles to hit max capacity anyways..

Babylon
02-07-2014, 04:05 PM

I personally believe that this is a major issue with LB, the fact that people can get so many titles for doing things that don't really call for them. Like all of our "Mafia Winner" titles, these should have been awards or simply nothing imo.

RULE
02-07-2014, 04:16 PM
members - 2VP
FVC - 4VP
Staff - 6VP

Actually its:

Members 2VP
FVC 3VP
Staff 4VP

1/

V3numb
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM