PDA

View Full Version : Voting question?

Ill Phenom
02-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Just wondering why when people vote the fact that a punch is directed at an opponent is not weighed into the factor, rather than most peoples generic bars that could be used against anyone??

Just happened to notice that, people find the crazy complex shit and wordplay fascinated and strayed away from even noticing the stuff that is actually directed towards there opponent. IMO those bars have more impact, they are more relevant to that particular battle than a nice wordplay that could be used in any battle?

MAN DOWN
02-04-2014, 03:11 AM
Well it depends on if the personals hold weight.. And the creativity in the personal. Plus a punch directed towards your opponent can be as general as wordplay.

ILLoKWENT
02-04-2014, 03:21 AM
Just wondering why when people vote the fact that a punch is directed at an opponent is not weighed into the factor, rather than most peoples generic bars that could be used against anyone??

Just happened to notice that, people find the crazy complex shit and wordplay fascinated and strayed away from even noticing the stuff that is actually directed towards there opponent. IMO those bars have more impact, they are more relevant to that particular battle than a nice wordplay that could be used in any battle?

personals work if used properly and hit hard.. i believe its okay tho to mix it up personal and randoms...especially considering this type of battlin format, where if you wanted to get deeper personals, you'd A. have to post the expo into the comments, which kinda hinders the strenght of a deep hit, because the reader would have to refer back to catch the personal.... shit works better in reg forum battle sites...and B. after a while, a person will eventually run out of 'personals' that are usable, and hearin the same personal used in so many different angles will enventually hinder the strength also.. which is why you cant dedicate an entire verse wit nothing 'but' personals... which brings me back to a good mix...of both.. and YES direct attacks are very nice, but dope randoms used well imo, is equally effective... especially in this type of battling arena... just my opinion tho...

B U R D E N
02-04-2014, 03:26 AM
Personals do more in live battles. I mean shi, unless u go diggin dirt up on some1 u don't really know anything too personal about ppl on here. So ppl pretty much stick to tha w/p etc

Hubert Cumberdale
02-04-2014, 05:04 AM
I say personals and impersonals.

Use my language!

Ill Phenom
02-04-2014, 06:03 AM
I say personals and impersonals.

Use my language!

I like that better lmao.
Everything just seems so generic to me now.
A bunch of the battles I've read recently says nothing about their opponent
It can just be thrown in an open and be just fine.

There is a lot "Too complex shit and/or forced wordplay" that many voters seem to take a liking to for some reason. Obviously, not on my battles, I only have votes on a one bar lol. But just as an overall, I notice people being fond of shit that doesn't work just cause the line look intricate.

The good battlers and good voters will be that so take them out of this equation. But they run few and fewer as time goes on and more people get accustomed to saying the bars are nice.

Nicholas
02-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Wording is the biggest issue not complexity... Ask RULE

Ill Phenom
02-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Wording is the biggest issue not complexity... Ask RULE

yeah that is more of what I meant with 'forced'
but people don't bring it up. I feel like some people just play off of others comments.

Manhattan
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Ya personals still always hit the hardest if set up right and made into a good punch. Ya there is sooo much forced wp going on that I've seen though. People won't even bring it up I find unless they are truly a good voter. It's no doubt though Ill Phenom I hear you.

Student
02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Well The Reason You Don't See It Is Because Most People Are Sniping Other People. You'd Only See It If Someone Sent Someone A Battle (Tailored To Their Opponent) And They Responded Likewise.

RULE
02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Many men, many many many many men, wish death on me.

ILLoKWENT
02-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Well The Reason You Don't See It Is Because Most People Are Sniping Other People. You'd Only See It If Someone Sent Someone A Battle (Tailored To Their Opponent) And They Responded Likewise.

^^^that too..Ill Phenom

Ill Phenom
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM

true true,
It's been too long for me I guess lol.

The Dope Man
02-04-2014, 05:42 PM

I agree with this 100%.

IMO, 95% of tha wordplay people use on this site is played, doesnt fit, or just simply sounds terrible.

Personal bars are always better imo ( if they are decent, make sense, & executed properly)

Good Personals > Good Wordplay

Everyone has different opinions though & i respect that.

~1~

B U R D E N
02-04-2014, 06:07 PM
fo real ^

''Straight punchlines, no personals cause i don't know these clowns''

Student
02-04-2014, 07:03 PM
literally never seen a good personal on here
"LMFAO Nutrition Facts? I CHECKED�EM STILL milk�s supposed to give your bones STRENGTH FOR-REAL so I came through and this WEAPON PEEL�T till� his CHEST-is-SPILLED looked inside the hole to see firsthand the �e-FFECTS OF MILK�" - Jason

Yeah, Shit's Wack.

Nicholas
02-04-2014, 07:19 PM

That's a bit of a bold statement.

Daddio vs Rican:

Iont care if he's from a jungle some WHERE IN THE DISTANCE.. He made his House-from Cow-dung n' RARELY GETS VISITS so when I say he puts 'Bull shit Inside his Pad?' they can't tell if he's pre-PARING A SENTENCE or re-PAIRING HIS VILLAGE

UA vs Nawkout (ton of personals):
http://www.letsbeef.com/tournament_battle_details.php?id=1009&section=tb

Warren Peace vs Real Talk:
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=164572

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

"LMFAO Nutrition Facts? I CHECKED�EM STILL milk�s supposed to give your bones STRENGTH FOR-REAL so I came through and this WEAPON PEEL�T till� his CHEST-is-SPILLED looked inside the hole to see firsthand the �e-FFECTS OF MILK�" - Jason

Yeah, Shit's Wack.

That's a nameplay.

Student
02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
That's a nameplay.
Are You Saying Your Name Isn't Personal?

Hubert Cumberdale
02-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Illimit Vs IV - 2007

I'm 25, you 15? that's a DISASTEROUS RECIPE! wrong punchline and them CATS IS ARRESTIN ME then I'll end up on an ACTUAL REGISTRY!! So don't think when I say I'm "puttin ROCKETS IN YA ABDOMEN" or I'll "POP YOU IN YA ASS AND SHIT..." that for even a second I found you ATTRACTIVE, Uh, SEXUALLY!!

Student
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Illimit Vs IV - 2007

I'm 25, you 15? that's a DISASTEROUS RECIPE! wrong punchline and them CATS IS ARRESTIN ME then I'll end up on an ACTUAL REGISTRY!! So don't think when I say I'm "puttin ROCKETS IN YA ABDOMEN" or I'll "POP YOU IN YA ASS AND SHIT..." that for even a second I found you ATTRACTIVE, Uh, SEXUALLY!!
Classic Line.

He'll Probably Say..."I meant in a while fuckas"

Student
02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Well That's What I'm Saying With The Nameplay Because You Can't Really Get That Much Personal On Here. You Really Only Have The Following Info: Avatar, Signature, Name, Age, Town (If It's Correct), Crew And Forum Posts.

Far As Using Those Things To Construct A "Personal" Bar, As You'd Call It Just Cause Of The Lack Of Information You Have About Someone Since It's The Internet, I've Seen Some Pretty Good Examples Of That. Even If It Was A Truly "Personal" Diss, They'd Have To A. Type It In The Comments And People Would Have To Read The Background Info. For It To Make Sense. B. The Opponent Would Have To Confirm Said Facts. Other People Can Say Something About It But Unless It Was Like A Chatroom Talk Or Something And Screenshot Then It'd Be Moot.

ILLoKWENT
02-05-2014, 01:49 AM
which goes back to writing big expos to describe 'the personal',which would be a pain to the reader to have to refer to, to get the punch... which is why, text battling mainly goes for the easy to understand personals, ex. nameplay, location, crew affiliation, age , known appearance.. and prior 'recent ' losses... anything deeper and shit kinda goes down the tubes ..... and then when you run out of 'personals', what do you have left ? RANDOM/GENERICS punches.... clever generics, never gets old/ and are infinite, someones personals, arent..

Paroemiographer
02-05-2014, 02:00 AM
why do I have so many sway comments on one battle?

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=473838

I'll wait to be ignored

lllllllllllll
02-05-2014, 02:13 AM

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

I'll wait to be ignored

lol @ you starting all the swaying then complain when others say something you don't like. I'm gonna handle it tho.

Paroemiographer
02-05-2014, 02:19 AM
I didn't start any of it yo

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

dude jumped on my battle and said she shit on me and, of course, she's gonna say something about me calling her a dude but that vote was unnecessary and u know it was.

lllllllllllll
02-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Your basically skipping over the argument you and your opponent had in the comments before that.

Paroemiographer
02-05-2014, 02:26 AM
just her saying she's a female is a sway comment. I mean, shouldn't that be obvious for the voters to realise?

Nicholas
02-05-2014, 05:09 AM

I'll wait to be ignored

You're ruining a great discussion....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mhykTBcJ1qdg895o1_500.gif

Hubert Cumberdale
02-05-2014, 06:14 AM
It'd seem that Jason doesn't think there are any good personals, as he doesn't think most things are personals :D.

I had some good stuff for John Dos, but he took down his pictures during the battle (ironically saying that Jason dared him to do it, which made absolutely no sense at all)