PDA

View Full Version : Permabans - Right or Wrong?

Nicholas
01-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Just want to see what the people think....

RULE
01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Voted.

1/

Streetz De Hood
01-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Definitely... no achievement on here is worth doing something shady over and over... if someone finds themselves doing that then its best for both sides that the individual's no longer affiliated with the site... not saying this in relation to whatever the grizz situation is because I have no idea what happened.. im saying this in general

Nicholas
01-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Definitely... no achievement on here is worth doing something shady over and over... if someone finds themselves doing that then its best for both sides that the individual's no longer affiliated with the site... not saying this in relation to whatever the grizz situation is because I have no idea what happened.. im saying this in general

This thread is completely unrelated to the Grizz situation. Me and Rule were just having a discussion and I wanted to get the views of people.

RULE
01-11-2014, 06:41 PM

amen.

1/

lllllllllllll
01-11-2014, 06:42 PM
mixed feelings.. cause

1.perma-bans take away from activity and right now, we're not in the best shape but we're still swinging.

2.perma-bans help keep cheaters away.

There's always a right & wrong answer for everything so i can't vote here

Babylon
01-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Voted.

Rant
01-11-2014, 07:13 PM

I heard you're guilty of the same thing as Grizz.

Streetz De Hood
01-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I heard you're guilty of the same thing as Grizz.

Ah shit you caught me.

Lockhart
01-11-2014, 07:41 PM
mixed feelings.. cause

1.perma-bans take away from activity and right now, we're not in the best shape but we're still swinging.

2.perma-bans help keep cheaters away.

There's always a right & wrong answer for everything so i can't vote here

Permanent bans don't necessarily stem from cheating, though. However, I do agree that permanent bans are necessary in terms of people being cheaters, complete douchebags, and just doing some stuff that they ought to be ashamed of.

Phil Banks
01-11-2014, 08:10 PM
I think i've said this quite a few times..... unless its some crazy kind of cheating the worst kind of racism or some completely ill shit i'm dead against any kind of ban.... think a permaban is prolly the worse thing a mod could do to this site...

V3numb
01-11-2014, 08:15 PM
agree with philly, we barely have enough members as it is.. last thing we want to do is get rid of the lump some we already have

Vegeta
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Perma bans should exist but should be implemented only for annoying fucks be it cheaters or spammers or racists or ignorant dickfucks

NOBLE
01-11-2014, 11:01 PM
I think perma-bans should exist but like Phil said, they should only be for the very worst situations. Most people who get banned for any length of time tend not to come back, and I think bans have contributed (to a certain extent) to the site's decline in membership over the years. I don't necessarily blame mods. I blame the average LB user as well. We're so bloodthirsty that as soon as someone does one little thing like hate voting, we're asking how come they're not banned. Perhaps there should be a more graduated scale of punishment so people don't get banned as often. 2 cents.

J u s T C
01-11-2014, 11:34 PM
What did Grizz do now?

Babylon
01-12-2014, 12:32 AM
The same shit he always does, what else?

Subreal
01-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Maybe bans should only exists so that people can't drop battles,tracks,audio etc.

Babylon
01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Hmm, that's an odd concept Subreal. I doubt it will be put into play because there are a lot of people who JUST use the forums these days. This did get me thinking though, maybe a reevaluation of the banning system could prove beneficial to the site & it's users.

You could possibly create a system in which they can look at things and not post, you could make it to where they're profile picture immediately changes to a big ass "ban" notification and stays like this up to 30 days AFTER the ban has expired. Input more things like the award you have for hate voting and such, when I had that shit I was extremely ashamed of it and did all I could to have it taken off (Thanks for that RULE or NOBLE, I'm not sure which did it).

Instead of just saying "fuck you, you can't log on" create more things like the aforementioned punishments, because it's easy as fuck to just do other things when your banned and forget about LB until it's up but it's not easy to log on everyday and see big red signs that say "Stop being a cheating faggot, you cheating faggot".

Autograph
01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Maybe bans should only exists so that people can't drop battles,tracks,audio etc.

That actually makes some sense.

NOBLE
01-12-2014, 02:01 AM
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but when someone is banned, they can still visit the site and read the forums/read battles just like any unregistered user. They just can't log in. That's pretty much the equivalent of this "new" idea you're talking about where they can't drop battles/post etc..they can only look.

Babylon
01-12-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but when someone is banned, they can still visit the site and read the forums/read battles just like any unregistered user. They just can't log in. That's pretty much the equivalent of this "new" idea you're talking about where they can't drop battles/post etc..they can only look.

Oh. I didn't even think about that, my bad lmao. :high:

lllllllllllll
01-12-2014, 02:06 AM

2/

J u s T C
01-12-2014, 02:15 AM
PERMABANS SHOULD ONLY BE ENFORCED WHEN THE MEMBER IS HAVING AN EXTREME NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THE SITE AND IT'S USER BASE.

THATS WHY I PERMABANNED BNAS. HE HAD BEEN GIVEN WHAT FELT LIKE 100S OF TEMP BANS AND INFRACTIONS BUT HE STILL KEPT PULLING THE SAME STUNTS. MESSAGING FOR VOTES, SWAYING, NOT LISTENING TO BATTLES BEFORE HE VOTES. WHERN YOU KEEP DOING THIS AND DOING THIS AND DOING THIS AND DOING THIS YOU HAVE TO GO. WHY SHOULD YOU KEEP GETTING CHANCES WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN BE FUCKED MAKING A CHANGE IN YOURSELF, ALL YOUR DOING IS TAKING THE PISS OUT OF THE STAFF AND EVERY MEMBER ON THE SITE, YOUR TAKING ADVANTAGE AND STRAIGHT UP LIBERTIES KNOWING FULL WELL YOU WILL BE ALLOWED BACK ON TO DO IT AGAIN.

LIKE WITH ANY BAN, PERMABANS DEPEND ON THE INDIVIDUAL ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER ACROSS THE BOARD, THATS JUST NOT HOW IT WORKS.

Babylon
01-12-2014, 02:17 AM
Just C
But he's not banned right now? Does "permabanned' not mean permanently banned?

J u s T C
01-12-2014, 02:23 AM
I MEAN JUST LOOK AT GRIZZY. I MEAN REALLY STOP AND LOOK AT HOW HE HANDLES HIMSELF. THIS FUCKING CLOWN JUST KEEPS PLAYING FUCKING GAMES TIME AFTER TIME AFTER FUCKING TIME LIKE ITS ALL GOOD.....NO.... SORT YOUR FUCKING SHIT OUT OR LEAVE.

WHETHER IT WAS ME TELLING HIM A THOUSAND TIMES TO POST NONE TEXT RELATED SHIT IN THE GENERAL TALK....ONLY FOR HIM TO 10 MINUTES LATER POST NONE TEXT SHIT IN THE TEXT LOUNGE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THIS GUY IS A STRAIGHT UP STUBBORN FUCKING MORON.

OR HE'S MAKING MULTIES TO VOTE ON HIS OWN SHIT. MESSAGING FOR VOTES. MESSAGING PEOPLE TO VOTE ON SHIT FOR HIS CREW. VOTING FOR HIS OWN CREW. TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING. YET HE STILL HAS HIS BEYOND TAINTED TITLES. PEOPLE STILL LET IT SLIDE. PEOPLE STILL FUCK WITH HIM. YET AT THE SAME TIME EVERYONE WANTS TO JUMP ON THE RID THE SITE OF FAGGOT CHEATERS (ONLY IOF IT AINT MY BOY N CREW HOMIE) BANDWAGGON. MAN FUCK THAT DO YOUR PART IF YOU REALLY WANT CHANGE OR STFU.

NO OFFENSE BUT THATS JUST HOW I FEEL.

J u s T C
01-12-2014, 02:24 AM
@Just C (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=890571)
But he's not banned right now? Does "permabanned' not mean permanently banned?

Bnas isn't banned nah. Grizzy is. And yeah Perma means permanently.

Student
01-12-2014, 03:28 AM
I strongly believe in permanent/ip banning someone, of course that would only happen in an extreme case but the reason in believe in it is because a lot of these fucks who get hit with a 2 week ban just turn around and make a multiple account. In those cases where they keep getting banned but keep coming back (And stirring more trouble) they don't need to be here.

Nicholas
01-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Some interesting arguments both ways and interesting poll results. Good thread peeps....