PDA

View Full Version : I'll buy this site

Godbody
11-15-2013, 10:13 AM
This site is dead. Like a year ago it was the same 20-30 niggas postin on the forum now its like the same 10-15...

I been told ya'll to update the shit & to juice up the Exclusive membership so you could generate revenue. Ya'll been 'updating' this shit for years now & haven't done shit

Just a bunch of empty promises and lies of what ya'll are committed to

1/2 the active niggas on here are only active cuz they're mods

Get your head out the gutter admins. This site has great earning potential. How ya'll let a money machine turn into a money pit? The update this site needed has been long overdue... the site hasn't been updated since 2006.

How come sites update their appearance at least ONCE a year, if not bi-yearly, and LB can't change their dated look 1 time in 7 (going on 8) years?

I'm not tryna hear shit about the coding involved, or how the original coders are gone, etc etc...If you have the money & motivation you'll be good

& If you don't have the money then its your own fault for sitting on your ass and making w/e passive income you get from LB only to pocket/spend it.

........With that said, I'm willing to buy the site for $3,000 Pugz ... The site doesn't generate more than $10 a day in ad revenue, which is just sad.

Letsbeef.com has reached #1,126,353 World Site Rank according to Alexa. Letsbeef.com has #3 Google Page Rank. Letsbeef.com has been Doing Business since 13-Apr-2005. The estimated website Traffic Net Worth is $2,139. Letsbeef.com has been gracefully receiving 977 Daily Pageviews and generates approximately $2.93 Daily Ads Revenues. Letsbeef.com has recently shown a 6.58% Negative growth. Letsbeef.com Page Loads in 5.70 seconds (Median), slower than 4% of sites around the world. Letsbeef.com has website backlinks from #54 Links. Letsbeef.com has Site score 1 Stars. Letsbeef.com servers Loacted in United States. Letsbeef.com hosted on letsbeef.com.

Source: http://www.freewebsitereport.org/www.letsbeef.com

& There's no way the 2nd owner has as much drive/ambition/vision as the original did, as seen by the obvious down-ward direction this site is taking. It's getting to a point where this site'll probably be down within the next 2 yrs

Holla @ me

SAND
11-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Why's it say it loads slower than 4% of sites on the Home tab, then says faster than 4% of sites on the Info tab? I think that site is bullshit, tbh.

Godbody
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM
NOBLE Pugz @X

Get me in touch with whoever owns this.. I got $3,000 on it which is more than what the site is worth.

Fidel Z
11-15-2013, 11:09 AM
lool, Nigga you can't even Buy a exclusive membership.

Execute
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
*grabs popcorn*

This should be good

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

lool, Nigga you can't even Buy a exclusive membership.

dead lmaooo

Godbody
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
The fuck you mean I cant buy an exclusive membership? My multi account in my crew has exclusive. Why pay for something I already have?

Nigga I can sell a twitter page for $3,000 and buy the site

Godbody
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Why wouldn't he sell it? They're not making money from this site & to upgrade the site to the kind of experience the community has been demanding would take even more funds.

Basically they're at a standstill. Their only options are

1) Keep investing money & HOPE they make it back
2) Sell the site to someone that actually has a vision of where to take it
3) Not sell the site, keep paying for hosting (I imagine they have one of the more expensive plans) & eventually close when you realize the income generated from advertisers doesn't exceed the costs

$90/day from a website like this is jack shit. This site should be bringing in $300+ a day.

Godbody
11-15-2013, 11:32 AM
It'd be a very poor business decision for them not to sell the site. Unless they have a plan for the site & an idea of the direction the site will take

$3,000 is more money than the site has generated in the past 2 years, believe that. Shit, I'll take $3,000 now over $500 in a few years, which is what the site will be worth if the webmasters continue to sit around not doing what the community asks of em. & By then the owner(s) will have invested thousands and thousands into the site only to not generate a profit

Would you rather drop $10,000 on a site and get $3,000 for it now?
Or would you rather spend $10,000 on a site, sit there with your thumb in your ass hoping you'll magically make a good amount of revenue, and sell it for $500 some years down the road?

Godbody
11-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd give the people what they want... FlyHipHop was a dope idea but it wasn't what we wanted.

I'd give the site a whole new look, theme wise. It'd be just like this site, but with everything redesigned to look modern. Maybe remap some shit, like the navigation bar. I'd pay $200 for a vBulletin license and upgrade the site to the latest version...I'd either completely do away with the My Emcee & rebuild it from scratch, or get the original coders of it to add a few more female & male sprites (We need some more diversity there) & a lot more items. I'd also add a dedicated, automated medal system.

I'd also probably reduce the price of Exclusive and add another tier of paid membership, which would allow users to sell/stream their mixtapes and albums, customize their profile page some more, and get automatically qualified to higher paying cash tournaments

& I'd add a currency system where people are paid for creating threads, paid even more for replying to threads, and voting. That currency would be spent on a virtual store on emcee items or profile customization.

Voting Power would become automated..If you consistently vote 4's and 5's on battles that get 7's and 8's, an algorithm would drop your VP. Now if you're giving 7's on a battle that's getting 6's and 8's, your VP would remain the same...but let's say you vote 5 battles in a row that way, your VP will go up because of the consistently good voting

& I'd make it so that people couldn't start a battle without voting for closing battles, ensuring battles always close because new ones can't open until the old ones close.

J u s T C
11-15-2013, 11:56 AM
but most ppl over rate. ud be punishing realistic down to earth voters

Godbody
11-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Nah. It'll be a forgiving system

You drop a 7 for being a 'realistic' voter on a battle that everyone drops 9's and 10's you won't be penalized

You drop a 7 five battles in a row where everyone drops 9's and 10's and it'll be dropped slightly.
You do it ten battles in a row, it'll be dropped more

But if you redeem yourself it can also go up. So your VP will fluctuate based on how accurately your votes reflect all the votes the battle has gotten

& I'd have it so that it automatically deletes votes , if lets say.. You drop a 4 on a battle thats getting 9's and 10's

J u s T C
11-15-2013, 12:05 PM
that still dosen't work. an algorythm can't judge human motive/prefrence/intention. This is why we handle that side of things.

Godbody
11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
An algorithm doesn't need to calculate any of that. An unfair vote is an unfair vote

You mean to tell me someone dropping 5's on ten battles in a row that consistently get 9's and 10's doesn't deserve to get their VP lowered? Forget what their intentions are, justice doesnt play favorites

& That's why I said if you consistently drop a 7 for example, on battles that get 6's and 8's, you won't get penalized.

Shit, even if you drop a 7 on a battle that's getting 5's you'll be fine. Or 9's, you'll be fine.

The algorithm will penalize/reward people based on a +2/-2 spread... You vote 2 higher than what everyone else does, you're fine. You vote 2 lower than what everyone does, you're fine. Everyone votes differently. This'll be an effective way to get everyone on the same page when it comes to voting.

J u s T C
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
that still dosen't work. an algorythm can't judge human motive/prefrence/intention. This is why we handle that side of things.

An algorithm doesn't need to calculate any of that. An unfair vote is an unfair vote

lol why don't you listen?

Hubert Cumberdale
11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
@MahVulvas KingofSparta, who's the dad and who's the mum?

Student
11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
There Is No Way In Hell They're Going To Sell It. If They Would They Would Ask For WAY More Then $3,000. What You've Got To Look At Is The Potential To Make Money. You Would Have To Find Out How Much Money There Were Making At Their Peak (06' - Early 08') Plus The Time And Effort It Took Build The Userbase Plus The Coding It Took To Bring It To How It Is (Non-Forum Battles, Track Player, Beats From RocBattle, Credit System, Emcee Customization, etc. Then Offer Then More Then What They Could Get If They Were To Heavily Invest Into This Website, More Then They Already Have. Also, Take Into Account All The Background Work.

RULE
11-15-2013, 04:38 PM
I very strongly considered offering X $6500 for this site back in summer, 2011.

Times past for me tho, but i think it especially with the UK gambling laws the site would of been real profitable.

1/

Hubert Cumberdale
11-15-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd consider buying LB at some point, if I had the right money in my account and had the relevant knowledge to be able to implement any changes I'd want.

At the end of the day, for me this has been a pretty solid 6 year hobby. Another big hobby of mine is gaming, which I'm studying to have a career in, so having LB on the backburner as another hobby to develop and grow would be cool too.

For the time being, I'm happy enough to try and push the site forward in a bit of it's legacy. It wont be around forever, so let's make it worth remembering while we're here.

Godbody
11-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Just C you're the one that isn't listening +2/-2 voting spread so voting a little outside the norm won't affect Voting Power...but consistently voting considerably outside of the +2/-2 spread is consistently voting against the norm. ie; You vote 10 battles in a row, or 10 battles out of 12 and drop 5's when everyone is voting 9's and 10's. You might give a 5 in one case where everyone is throwing 9's and you can explain your intention for giving a 5. Giving out one 5 wouldn't kill your VP

Student that's not how businesses work. Things lose value too, you know. In your head you might value something higher due to the time/effort or sentimental value it has. But at the same time this website is showing negative growth in terms of users and money, and it's on an exponential decline that'll probably hit a sharp downward curve...especially in like 2-3 years when nobody gives a fuck about internet battling. Even houses & land lose value sometimes. They don't always gain.

So that's why I wanna snatch this up before the 2-3 years when nobody gives a fuck about internet battling. I wanna make people give a fuck about internet battling. Use it to make money by winning cash tournaments, use it to put their mixtapes up for sale/stream or download, etc etc. Give more profile customization features. But it's not like that's been done already so you can't value it based on its earning potential. I'm offering like 1.5x what the site is worth

RULE I'd only hold onto this site for $6,500 if I had a very profitable idea... Looks to me like that very profitable idea was the new Exclusive and Beatdisk.. I'm sure both were in the works in 2011 & that's probably why he declined your offer. I know for a fact this new Exclusive has been promised to us a good 2 yrs ago.

But apparently they hit the brakes on that. So what's good with sellin the site to someone that has a vision?

J u s T C
11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
again. what if all the battles they low rated sucked?

Godbody
11-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Then there shouldn't be a problem because if all the battles they low rated sucked they should be voting within the norm (+2/-2 of what the voters give the battle)

& It'll take a pattern of continuously voting shitty for your VP to go down significantly.

& lol @ your sig.. Maybe you're smarter than I gave you credit for.. I at least know EtH has some kind of idea

Student
11-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Y'all Know X Works @ Google Right? So Take That Into Consideration When You're Taking About Internet Ventures And How Businesses Work On The Internet.

Also, When You're Talking About Losing Money. Sure, In Some Ventures You Are But That Would Be With An Asset That Has No Way Of Making Money On It's Own Beyond It's Actual Value (I.E. A House That You Bought For 100K Isn't Going To Be Worth More Or Equal To 100K Unless You Put Some Major Work Into It, If You Leave It Alone It's Going To Depreciate But There's No Potential Of It Being Worth More Unless 1. You Fix It Up Or 2. The House Market Takes A Huge Hike In Your Area, Which Is Unlikely To Ever Happen If Ever (Same With Internet Battling.)
The Thing With This Website Is It's Potential (Which Is The Main Reason Why You Want To Buy It) It's At A Low Point Right But If They Make The Right Moves (The One's You're Talking About Minus A Few Things Plus Other Changes They Could Make) They Could Make A Lot More Money (Which Is Exactly What You're Saying, It Could Be Raking In $300 + A Day On Advertisements + More With Updated Exclusive Memberships That People Would Actually Be Willing To Pay Exactly.)
They Know All This Though (Or At Least They Should, They're Not Stupid) So Why Wouldn't They Ask For More Then $3,000 When They Could Do Exactly What You're Saying You Could Do? (But Better Because They Already Have The Resources To Do So)

/rant

In The End It Is A Gamble To Pay Based On Potential But I Believe It Would Be A Factor In Buying This Website.

FreezyCT
11-16-2013, 09:56 AM
stu > pulse

im convinced

Godbody
11-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Student But what has this site really done since '06 besides add/remove a chatroom and make it so that we can see who votes? This site is depreciating in value, numbers don't lie. Negative growth & negative return

& The reason they would take the $3,000 is because they don't have the passion or the funds to do so. The site is worth $2,000... let's say you know it can bring in $300/day..If you don't have the resources or the funds to get it to the point that it can make $300/day and your spending exceeds the income generated then the site becomes a sunk cost because its just taking up money and not making any

Babylon
11-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Shit, seems like the only good move is to sell. Unless they have some grand scheme that they think will get them hella money why not...

Pugz
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
lol this is funny :D Dont worry Godbody.. we're doing alright.. Your numbers are way off.. if the site was worth 2g's.. it wouldnt still be running.. right now we are worth 24k.. sites worth is not based off what its made in a month.. its based off what it made the year previous.. If you want to offer min 24k.. Ill speak to you.. other than that we got no plans to sell

Pugz
11-17-2013, 04:26 PM
btw our server costs are over 1/4 of what you estimate our sites worth at lol and our server costs are ALWAYS covered by income generation

FreezyCT
11-17-2013, 04:31 PM
thats pocket change for pulse..consider it sold

UhMAZING
11-18-2013, 05:43 PM
I think money is Irrelevant in this situation, Doesn't matter what your income is the year before if the site is slowly going down hill, your numbers will continue to get smaller and smaller until you can't even afford hosting. At this point I don't believe the sites worth more than a "Ben" considering all the investing one would have to make just to get this site working in proper order and not having issue after issue. None of the owners give a shit about this site, they care about profit margins. That's why nothing is getting fixed, and why people are slowly starting to leave. You can't keep Hope alive forever without the people paying their hard earned money to keep the site up to date, unless anyone is got it like that enough to come out of their own poccet. With all that being sad, I'm not trying to hate...I like the site, I enjoy coming to it to express talent and it's a good place to find other talents. Out of all my exploring on the internet this site has been the best I've found. Therefore I'd like to see it sticc around for awhile, but if shit is just going to die and not get the issues fixed it needs then it's a given that myself and others will seek better quality sites.

Honestly, with the money y'all make from advertising leasing on the site alone you could afford to put that bacc into the site and correct shit and let it skip your poccet. When that's done you'll increase volume to the site, hence increasing your poccet money.

V3numb
11-18-2013, 06:37 PM
btw our server costs are over 1/4 of what you estimate our sites worth at lol and our server costs are ALWAYS covered by income generation

how's that Jamaican flag concept going bro.. let's do this..

The Ghost of Freak
11-20-2013, 11:44 PM
UhMAZING , whats up with the cc's in stead of ck? You got something against ck?

UhMAZING
11-21-2013, 11:43 AM
It's a Folk thing. I just don't put them 2 letters together. ;)

HandWrapz
11-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Well, this I would like to thank the owners of the site after reading last few post it feels right and owed.

I actually joined LB about 5 yrs ago. I was not impressed by talent or voting system, people were really trashing and voting for friends. A lot of hate voting IMO. So I ventured off and was loyal elsewhere the last 5 yrs. I wont say no names for I loved that site, A few know who im talking about! I was not really looking for a site anymore, but something made me start searching again after a few months.

This is the best ive found, real talk when it comes to the simplicity and just overall activity from users. Still one of the best n few out there,I have found a new home and purchased my first Xclusive Membership to Support. I will be dropping a few Mixtapz on here, All New Shit!

Im new here so I have no saying for how long shit is overdue, what promises are broken
(none here) what has been fucked up for so long. I been here 2 months, the Experience has been a lot better this time. I am Fairly Impressed and i certainly plan to stay. Please get the Audio Battles Running Correct that would be the new guy advise to you. No Issues otherwise.

one last thank you puggz and any other owners i don't know yet. Niggaz like yall keep Hip Hop alive for the next generation. Niggaz like me just having fun.

Pugz
11-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Well, this I would like to thank the owners of the site after reading last few post it feels right and owed.

I actually joined LB about 5 yrs ago. I was not impressed by talent or voting system, people were really trashing and voting for friends. A lot of hate voting IMO. So I ventured off and was loyal elsewhere the last 5 yrs. I wont say no names for I loved that site, A few know who im talking about! I was not really looking for a site anymore, but something made me start searching again after a few months.

This is the best ive found, real talk when it comes to the simplicity and just overall activity from users. Still one of the best n few out there,I have found a new home and purchased my first Xclusive Membership to Support. I will be dropping a few Mixtapz on here, All New Shit!

Im new here so I have no saying for how long shit is overdue, what promises are broken
(none here) what has been fucked up for so long. I been here 2 months, the Experience has been a lot better this time. I am Fairly Impressed and i certainly plan to stay. Please get the Audio Battles Running Correct that would be the new guy advise to you. No Issues otherwise.

one last thank you puggz and any other owners i don't know yet. Niggaz like yall keep Hip Hop alive for the next generation. Niggaz like me just having fun.

Respect brother.. Its nice to see a fresh perspective on this site.. We will keep on keeping on..

AmBitiousFlow
11-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Pugz As a webmaster, the idea I have for creating a site like this or a feature that could be added to this is realistic and fkn amazing...Ill sell you my idea if u wanna talk...Im not puttin it out there to get stolen tho! We can talk business if u wanna double that income :D