PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a chance to listen to MMLP2 in whole.

Obey
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
At first, when I heard bits and pieces, I wasn't really liking it. I started listening closely to lyrics/meanings in songs. Rhyme or Reason/Headlights are my Top 2 on the album. Just all around great songs, the lyricism through the whole album is dope. I don't know, this is definitely TO ME, one of the best Eminem albums. I feel he didn't really ''lose a step'' as people say. Great album for me: 9/10..

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Headlights is easily one of Eminem's top 5 songs.

Godbody
11-13-2013, 08:47 AM
lol ya'll are dickriding hard if you think this is one of his best albums. This shit was corny as fuck and wack.

The album had 17 tracks with 5 bonus tracks. That's 22 tracks

If you only think 2-3 tracks are hella dope out of 22, that's less than or barely more than 10% of his album being good. Depending on if its 2 tracks or 3.

Look @ his previous albums and count the amount of dope tracks on Encore...or The Eminem Show. Or the original MMLP

Ya'll just overly obsessed with Headlights but the truth is anybody coulda made Headlights.. Nas could've made headlights, Drake could've made headlights..Any good rapper could've made headlights

It just so happens that Em's beef with his mom is well documented and as a fan you followed it ....and since the beat is sad and the singin adds to it you emotional ass niggas wanna get goosebumps & be cry babies and ride Eminem dick

This nigga is a wack fuckin corporate sellout...how many references does dude make to Satan in his album? Cmon son, niggas is 41. This nigga should grow up and put out real hip-hop. Not w/e shitty hybrid genre he's trying to create

I cant even count the amount of wack Hip-POP songs this nigga put out with Skylar Grey

Fidel Z
11-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Headlights was dope
Legacy dope
Survival dope
Bezerk = I hate it with all my heart
Rap God = Dope
The Monster = Dope

The song with kendrick was a dissappointment to me, I thought they were gonna do something like Fast lane, the way royce and em were rapping back to back and shit. I was expecting kendrick and Em to do that, The song was just weird, lol i didnt like it. But the Album was dope tho, A bit better than recovery in my opinion.

Godbody
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
The Monster was w/e
Survival was w/e

Rap God is fire by default because that shit is actually real Hip-Hop...its a dude incorporating several, if not all the elements of songwriting in terms of what you can do with rhyming.

Evil Twin > Survival...

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Pulse likes the opposite of what everyone else likes, so agree with him and he will like what you like.

Godbody
11-13-2013, 10:12 AM
how do I like the opposite of what everybody else likes

was I not the one who posted Rap God and gave Eminem a good amount of praise for that song?

I only fuck with good Hip-Hop. Period. ya'll get brainwashed and disillusioned by this watered down bullshit that everything is hot/good music to you

its very hard to impress a nigga that doesnt really listen to new dudes but always has on some vintage Big Daddy Kane, Kool G, Nas, Rakim, Talib, Slick Rick, etc etc ...we're not talkin 'potential' legends like Kendrick or J. Cole...these niggas are established legends and GOAT contenders

I think our standards are based on what we believe we can achieve. For example; for a kid thats completely new to rap Eminem might be the shit. Or maybe Drake is the GOAT in their eyes. Because they can't write a rhyme like Eminem or Drake..let alone have an understanding of what multis, slants, or punchlines are....To someone who's been around...We can write rhymes like Eminem. We can do the punchlines like Drake...so that doesnt really impress us. At the end its the content & the message that matter..along with the level of skill displayed

Eminem had haymaker after haymaker in Rap God and he showed skill by triple timing his shit, slanting the fuck out of the rhymes, etc etc...I think you reach a point where you appreciate the technicality of the shit over the catchy hooks and w/e emotional story Em has

Fidel Z
11-13-2013, 10:27 AM
"Potential Legends" I'm not trying to argue, but to be a legend you have to innovate, bring something new to the table, something that hasn't been done by other rappers, Kendrick, J.cole and Drake aren't innovating in a Game where everything has already been done. And I like those guys so im not hating.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I'M brainwashed by Eminem.

That's a new one.

Godbody
11-13-2013, 10:48 AM
"Potential Legends" I'm not trying to argue, but to be a legend you have to innovate, bring something new to the table, something that hasn't been done by other rappers, Kendrick, J.cole and Drake aren't innovating in a Game where everything has already been done. And I like those guys so im not hating.

lol that's your opinion & you're one of the only people to have it

Everyone already acknowledges J Cole & Kendrick as future legends...Any Hip-Hop site, any YouTube channel, any Hip-Hop magazine.. Do your research

To be an INNOVATOR you have to innovate. Not a legend. To be a legend you have to stand the test of time while constantly putting out consistently good material... J. Cole's already doin that. Kendrick is on his way too.

In other words, imo, legend status = longevity + skill

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
If Pulse likes a rapper, he's a future legend.

Godbody
11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
No, if

XXL
Vibe
The Source
VladTV
HardKnockTV
HipHopDX
RapRadar

call you a 'future legend', then you're a future legend.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
They have.

Obey
11-13-2013, 12:51 PM
There's Pulse putting words in my mouth. I said my favorite were them 2. The whole album is great, the opening track being the Stan sequel is dope as shit. Just because people genuinely don't agree with your views doesn't mean they're wrong. Get your head out of your ass, this is a great album.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I didn't see how it was a Stan sequel. He kept on that topic for the middle verse, and the other shit was vague.

Ret
11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Am I the only one who likes...legacy and evil twin ?

Student
11-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I Haven't Gotten Around To Hearing It Yet BUT If You Have To "Listen Closer" To Find Some Meaning To A Song Then It's Not That Great. The Message Should Come Across Easy And Without You Having To Research What Someone Meant. That's Why I Love Underground Hip-Hop BUT I Hate It At Times Because A Lot Of People Just Try To Come Off Lyrical Instead Of Making Real, Emotional Music That You Can Connect Too. It Doesn't All Have To Be Like Stan, Rock Bottom Or Toy Soilders, etc. But You Have To Relate To People In Order To Consider Yourself Great.

Obey
11-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I didn't see how it was a Stan sequel. He kept on that topic for the middle verse, and the other shit was vague.

How did you not see it?

Stan: You didn't have to, but you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother man, he's only six years old
We waited in the blistering cold for you for four hours and you just said no
That's pretty shitty man, you're like his fucking idol
He wants to be just like you man, he likes you more than I do

Bad guy: And hey, here's a sequel to my Mathers LP
Just to try to get people to buy
How's this for publicity stunt
This should be fun
Last album now cause after this you'll be officially done
Eminem killed by M&M, Matthew Mitchell
Bitch, I even have your initials
I initially was gonna bury you next to my brother, but fuck it

Ret
11-13-2013, 06:19 PM
How did you not see it?

Stan: You didn't have to, but you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother man, he's only six years old
We waited in the blistering cold for you for four hours and you just said no
That's pretty shitty man, you're like his fucking idol
He wants to be just like you man, he likes you more than I do

Bad guy: And hey, here's a sequel to my Mathers LP
Just to try to get people to buy
How's this for publicity stunt
This should be fun
Last album now cause after this you'll be officially done
Eminem killed by M&M, Matthew Mitchell
Bitch, I even have your initials
I initially was gonna bury you next to my brother, but fuck it

It's far from a Stan sequel....there is definitely a reference to Stan in it....but that would be like saying Without me is a sequel to girls.....ones an entire song dissing Fred durst the other is just a few lines at him....

But that's how I see it....

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
As I said.

First verse: Vague
Second verse: Awesome, great idea.
Third verse: Vague, and barley relevant.

He had an AWESOME concept, and completely butchered the execution.