PDA

View Full Version : 2013 GC: RD1 - LOGiKK Vs Phroxen - (Phroxen Wins 3-0)

Hubert Cumberdale
10-31-2013, 08:32 AM
LOGiKK Vs Phroxen

This topical is part of the 2013 Topical Grand Championship

Rules
Verses are due Friday, November 8th.
Verses are to be posted in THIS thread.
There are NO EXTENSIONS.
Verses must be 20-30 lines long.
Vote deductions will happen for people going over.
Voting is 3-0 KO, 3-1 TKO or first to 5.

Topic
The Deep Blue Sea

DOZAA
11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
The Deep Blue Sea..

Dark Figure In The Water, What Could It Be...? Swiftly Gliding With Force, In This Dark... Gloomy, Deep Blue Sea. It Silently Lurks, Awaiting To Strike. Shark Eyes Quickly Jurk.. Wanting A Fight, Waiting To Devour Aquatic Movement, In This Silent Night... As The Sun Rises, The Water Will Heat.. The Wind Will Blow, As Slight Ripples And Waves Begin To Meet, The Fin Emerges, Showing A Desire For Meat.. Suddenly, The Brute Shadow Sub-Sides, As It Withers Down Deep. Noticing The Prey, It Will Begin To Violently Creep.. Over-Whelming The Unfortunate, As It Begins To Silently Weep. The Blue Sea Becomes Vividly Red, The Blood Will Seep, As The Humble Beast Subdue's His Territory.. Crunching The Target With Razor Sharp Teeth, Basking Above The Cold Ocean, With One Victorious Leep. The Splash Daunts The Creatures Below, As The Righteous Beast Surmounts The Sea Surface.. And It's Features Bestow, The Radiant Glistening Skin Reflects From The Sun, As The Raining Spears Whistle, Raining Below. Fearless With Pride, It Fleetly Kicks..Side to Side. Fighting For His Life, On This Endless Stride. As The Roar Is Shunned, Its Pride Comes To A Hault... The Almighty Deep Dweller's Furious Motions Have Now Become Stunned. The Sky Darkens, The Spears Cease. The Water Calms As The Aquatic World Begins To Feel Peace. Still Today, People Will Ask, "Do You Remember That Horrific Task?" The World May Never Know, The World May Never See, The One True Story.. Of The Dark Hearted Beast, Found At The Bottom Of The Great, Deep Blue Sea...

Joe MuGGz
11-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Nice one here.. lets see how Phroxen does..

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Wait.. is it Phroxen or Phenom? UnEtH ?? Check the thread title..

DOZAA
11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
he aint even show up for it..
waddup with some info UnEtH

Phroxen
11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Verses are due Friday, November 8th. ...

Theodore Grizzly
11-06-2013, 01:11 AM
lol logikk was jumping the gun a bit with that shoutout to eth

Phroxen
11-08-2013, 10:56 PM
"You'll still be the same person!" explained Merlin.. after one wand wave & a charade of stray murmurs.
My frame: nervous. "WAIT! My legs ain't workin!" Now surrounded by a swarm of spells, it rained cursive.
I blacked out, then awoke.. covered in liquid. Looked to my sides & seen a coupla fins with adjustable digits.
A sudden craving for worms like they're somethin delicious & an urge to search for someone to swim with.
I plunged deeper.. passing by bottles & loose change.. trinkets that mindless humans toss in the blue bay..
No clue who's soon to be gobbled & who's safe - went from the top of the food chain to a topping at food chains.
Approached a corner nervously, then peeked around a bit & decided to hide behind a decent crowd of fish.
Furious wiggling propelled my miniature scales such distances I thought my tail fin was an engine itself.
Almost there.. then the school floods in my direction with no stop signs to quiet the thunder-like congestion.
I've gotta muster up enough of my aggression to avoid these jolting figures so I can rush & find an exit.
But it was too late.. the swarm coursed toward. A smorgasbord forcin this four-inch fish overboard.
Drifted down & crashed against the coral floor.. assorted flora sores now attached to my form & core.
Forced to paddle with one side.. my right fin's jacked.. this staggered pattern will make me a nice quick snack.
A few broken ribs ache at my side.. the aqueous life is too dangerous, I've.. gotta find a place I can hide.
I hit rock bottom & made it a bed.. not wasting a breath coz I don't know how much anguish is left.
Never trust wizards - I shouldn't have taken the step.. coz the same place I awoke is the final place that I slept.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Upping

Hubert Cumberdale
11-10-2013, 09:05 AM
LOGiKK: I just googled to see if you bit this, so there's your compliment. Although I didn't find myself gripped into the story, I was VERY impressed with how you are instantaneously using lots of different aspects of the more difficult poetic side of writing. You had alliterating and assonance rocking throughout, imagery was flowing. You did a great job here. I'd suggest formatting it in the other style in future, as the battle box stuff doesn't make it look as good. This was a solid drop though man and I hope to see you sticking around the section.

Phroxen: I'm going to be honest, I was lost in the story a few words in. But it didn't really hold this piece back. You've done what almost every high level text battler does in moving to topicals, and that's bring a very high level of lyricism into your piece. You managed to carry your story, not straying at all, yet maintaining impressive rhyme schemes, which was good to see. There was some good signs of imagery in there, but I really don't think this will be close to a full account of how good you will be if you stick to these. This seems like you might have not really felt it when writing, so I think you'll be crazy dope if you get something you're into. (Also, I'm letting you off posting less lines because you could easily break up a few of your lines for more space)

Overall, this was a surprisingly close battle. LOG brought some better poetic aspects, but Phroxen was miles ahead in lyricism. I enjoyed reading one a bit more, and so I'm leaning that way.

Phroxen Gets my Vote

Aggo
11-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Logikk: Not bad here. You had a good flow and a lot of elements a topical need. I liked the way you built up the shark as hunter only to flip the script at the end. I felt the story could have been cleaned up a little but overall not bad.

Phroxen: Dope flow and rhymes throughout as has been pretty much expected of you at this point. The wizard turns you into a fish thing was a little out of left field but like EtH said, that wasn't as detracting from the verse as it would have been if the other aspects weren't so dope. This was a really fun read and therefore

My vote goes to Phroxen.

Joe MuGGz
11-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Logikk: You painted a nice picture for me.. You stayed on topic and provide a great read. Vocab was on point.. After reading it, I just knew that your opp had his hands full. I just wish you wouldve stepped up the lyrical aspect of it, and pulled away from making it so poem-ish.. just my opinion tho.

Phroxen: You provided a dope read. I was impressed at the lyrical content.. and how you did not let that distract you from the storyline and topic. Very Nice. The flow factor of it was cool as well. Real dope read..

Both was nice in this one.. After the topic has been nailed.. (to me) it boils down to lyrical content.. and for that

Phroxen gets my vote.

Joe MuGGz
11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
updated.. UnEtH

Dirty Work
11-14-2013, 02:34 AM
I know this is a rap site, but when it comes to topicals, I tend to prefer a more proper language being used instead of urban lingo, so I really wanted to lean Logikk's way because of that. He had some excellent poetic technique going, nice flow and scheme, but the problem was that he just didnt have enough story development. It was a sort of vague, grandiose explanation of a shark being killed with the whole hunter being hunted concept. I dug it, don't get me wrong, but Phroxen came with a better story. It still wasn't a fully developed story either, but better. And while Phroxen came with some more hip hop phrasing and use of words, as well as some almost battle type metaphors, his flow and rhyming were pretty excellent, and he had some more straight-forward explanations of what was going on. Phroxen also topped it off with a good closer. It wasn't exactly a plot twist, but a solid way to wrap things up, and make us feel what the character had gone through. I think Logikk has mad potential, once he gets a better fell of how shit is generally rated on this site. I can see Phroxen beasting too once he gets a few more topicals out there. Great reads fellas

VOTE: Phroxen

UnEtH

Hubert Cumberdale
11-14-2013, 03:48 AM
Phroxen Wins 3-0

RULE
01-05-2020, 05:03 AM
added

tbm