PDA

View Full Version : THE CONCEPT OF VP

SHARK BOY_
10-30-2013, 11:03 PM
i ve heard everybody blame'in the vote system sucks at lb and i just ended my 27-0 streak realized an noob fucked me over it. http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=468485
should'nt the vp be higher based on the experience why give an noob an vp of 2 who learnt rap like an month back or thinks he's eminem/and an experienced guy with an vp of zero.i know you'll hit me up with the concept of hate vote.but if you raised an vp based on their win percentage above 70% and stuff.the system might be stable.i mean you dont pay an unexperienced guy like 20 grands who just learnt how to vote /and 20 bucks an hour to an guy experienced sitting in an room with vp zero.no offense tho just think about it NOBLE UnEtH

Babylon
10-30-2013, 11:18 PM
I got robbed by tain from VP on like a 7 win streak or some shit. I can see how VP is a creative feature but I fucking hate it.

SHARK BOY_
10-31-2013, 12:31 AM
I got robbed by tain from VP on like a 7 win streak or some shit. I can see how VP is a creative feature but I fucking hate it.

thats what i am trying to get at.these noobs dont hate vote but "dumb vote"

Manhattan
10-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I can't ever understand why people get so rattled about VP. It's a website....and everyone gets robbed every now and again. When you start up you have a normal VP and once you have proved yourself worthy enough as a voter you may get your vp raised. People have zero or low vp for a reason, because they don't know how to vote or have consistently voted for people who end up losing battles/ hate vote/ low vote/ buddy vote/ sway or simply don't know how to vote. SHARK_BOY why would anyone have their VP raised because they have over a 70% win ratio? Just because you have a bunch of wins doesn't mean your automatically a good voter. In fact the guys w/ the most battles are usually the shitty voters who just through out an "Uneducated Vote" because they don't have enough credits. That makes absolutely no sense....It doesn't matter how experienced you are if you still don't know how to vote. The mods/admins have thought long and hard and they know what they are doing when it comes to implementing voting power. You win some battles from VP and you lose some....that's just how it goes.

-Apollyon-
10-31-2013, 05:55 PM

tain robbed me in the past.. i sniped some noob and 3 noobs voted for me and tain voted against me and i lost.. fuck tain

Hubert Cumberdale
10-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Win percentage might mean some nobody has cheated in all his battles to get a good record, so that's irrelevant.

This "noob" with 2VP, his VP hasn't been put up, the other two who must have been proven to be bad voters have been put down. No nobody will be given a higher VP, but people who show bad voting will be put down. It's as simple as that.

V3numb
10-31-2013, 06:30 PM
tain robbed me in the past.. i sniped some noob and 3 noobs voted for me and tain voted against me and i lost.. fuck tain

shit shit made me chukle

NOBLE
10-31-2013, 06:36 PM

I hovered over the stars under your name and your rating is literally "666". Happy Halloween btw.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Equally as funnily, mine says 0/10 for him :D

-Apollyon-
10-31-2013, 07:08 PM
shit shit made me chukle

Whats even worse is i clearly won.. Like any lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight would say i won.. Even noobs said i won so Tain should die..

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I hovered over the stars under your name and your rating is literally "666". Happy Halloween btw.

I'm cursed.. If it aint 11:11 then its them 6's i see.. I'm one evil mofo.. And HAPPY MICHAEL MYERS DAY!! to you as well..

SHARK BOY_
11-01-2013, 02:46 AM
I can't ever understand why people get so rattled about VP. It's a website....and everyone gets robbed every now and again. When you start up you have a normal VP and once you have proved yourself worthy enough as a voter you may get your vp raised. People have zero or low vp for a reason, because they don't know how to vote or have consistently voted for people who end up losing battles/ hate vote/ low vote/ buddy vote/ sway or simply don't know how to vote. SHARK_BOY why would anyone have their VP raised because they have over a 70% win ratio? Just because you have a bunch of wins doesn't mean your automatically a good voter. In fact the guys w/ the most battles are usually the shitty voters who just through out an "Uneducated Vote" because they don't have enough credits. That makes absolutely no sense....It doesn't matter how experienced you are if you still don't know how to vote. The mods/admins have thought long and hard and they know what they are doing when it comes to implementing voting power. You win some battles from VP and you lose some....that's just how it goes.

than let them all start from zero.let the noobs earn their vote power.get the neutral line drawn.kids dont walk as soon as their born do they? let them crawl learn and than walk/and you got well over 70%win ratio now is that through experience or some "Uneducated Vote" ? and the style how you vote and the expo you leave comes through simply put "experience" so isnt it obvious you should have an greater vp and an noob should have an zero who has no experience.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Win percentage might mean some nobody has cheated in all his battles to get a good record, so that's irrelevant.

This "noob" with 2VP, his VP hasn't been put up, the other two who must have been proven to be bad voters have been put down. No nobody will be given a higher VP, but people who show bad voting will be put down. It's as simple as that.

hate voters = 0 vp
noobs = 2 vp
since , 2vp = neutal line <<< thats an noob makes the whole system inconsistent, i think its called an neutral line for an reason "zero" is called an origin(starting point)

The Dope Man
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
legit...i got robbed by tain's bitch ass a few months ago too..on a snipe..smh..just cause that mufucka got an exclusive membership

Hubert Cumberdale
11-06-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't understand how it can be sniping. You guys understand how the site works. If you drop a shit open, and someone picks it up with a better verse, how can you complain?

Tain
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
lol Ive always voted fair...yall say my name to much

-Apollyon-
11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
lol Ive always voted fair...yall say my name to much

fair voting and educated voting are 2 different things..

Tain
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
educated voting? What about music strikes everyone different. What u think is so so might be somethin I think is amazing. Of course the voting aint gonna make sense sometimes. Yea Yea

J u s T C
11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I can't ever understand why people get so rattled about VP. It's a website....and everyone gets robbed every now and again. When you start up you have a normal VP and once you have proved yourself worthy enough as a voter you may get your vp raised. People have zero or low vp for a reason, because they don't know how to vote or have consistently voted for people who end up losing battles/ hate vote/ low vote/ buddy vote/ sway or simply don't know how to vote. @SHARK_BOY (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=887081) why would anyone have their VP raised because they have over a 70% win ratio? Just because you have a bunch of wins doesn't mean your automatically a good voter. In fact the guys w/ the most battles are usually the shitty voters who just through out an "Uneducated Vote" because they don't have enough credits. That makes absolutely no sense....It doesn't matter how experienced you are if you still don't know how to vote. The mods/admins have thought long and hard and they know what they are doing when it comes to implementing voting power. You win some battles from VP and you lose some....that's just how it goes.

This.

VP based on win percentage is a horrible idea. You think the current system is bad?

Lol you don't want that win percentage VP.

SHARK BOY_
11-11-2013, 06:02 PM
why is that? i don't hear the reasons

J u s T C
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Because too many people who have high win percentages and enough battles (you'd need a minimum) to trigger an increase in VP have and still do cheat. They PM. They IM. They sway And more importantly and key, they battle/snipe easy prey. Too many people with a high win percentage fall into that category to make a win percent based VP even slightly viable.

I'd rather trust the opinion of the 10 -20 guy who battled nothing but top quality opponents and held his own than the mediocre m.c who snipes weaker prey 24/7 to pad his record to 100-0

SHARK BOY_
11-12-2013, 08:35 AM
hmmm so the guy who is experienced enough to snipe and take an win and cheaters who have been here enough to get dick riders have 0vp.
and noobs who get sniped and sway'ed and cheated prey's have 2vp.
alot makes sense.

Joe MuGGz
11-12-2013, 01:59 PM
How do we check our vp? Is this new?

NOBLE
11-12-2013, 05:15 PM
hmmm so the guy who is experienced enough to snipe and take an win and cheaters who have been here enough to get dick riders have 0vp.
alot makes sense.

It doesn't take "experience" to snipe. Someone who cheats and has dick-riders is still a cheater who deserves 0vp, no matter how long they've been here. Anyone who has 0vp can get it raised back up if they show that they are voting consciously. Thinking the snipers are the people to look up to on here shows a noob mentality and you will always be a noob as long as you look at it that way. Being number 1 of the month when all you do is battle easy newcomers doesn't mean shit. All that means is you put out the most battles. It doesn't mean you are necessarily the most skilled. If you want to know who the most skilled legends are on here, start with people who have won past Grand Championships like DaDDiO and Real Talk.

Student
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
How do we check our vp? Is this new?
Seriously Muggz? You've Been Here Since 2006 Bro

Phe
11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
educated voting? What about music strikes everyone different. What u think is so so might be somethin I think is amazing. Of course the voting aint gonna make sense sometimes. Yea Yea

Get this bro.. It was so clear i won that i was able to get the battle deleted.. The L remains on my record but i was able to reuse the bars.. Page 41 on AfterThought's profile comments.. I believe AT told me to tell RULE and RULE did all he could which was delete the battle and let me even out the W/L shit.. I sniped mofos that didnt fill in there box, that didnt use multies or set-ups so fuck your opinion..

SHARK BOY_
11-13-2013, 03:47 AM
It doesn't take "experience" to snipe. Someone who cheats and has dick-riders is still a cheater who deserves 0vp, no matter how long they've been here. Anyone who has 0vp can get it raised back up if they show that they are voting consciously. Thinking the snipers are the people to look up to on here shows a noob mentality and you will always be a noob as long as you look at it that way. Being number 1 of the month when all you do is battle easy newcomers doesn't mean shit. All that means is you put out the most battles. It doesn't mean you are necessarily the most skilled. If you want to know who the most skilled legends are on here, start with people who have won past Grand Championships like DaDDiO and Real Talk.

cheaters win by dick rider's.but not experience so they get 0vp
and that makes noobs even more dangerous with no experience and 2vp.
statement stands.

Joe MuGGz
11-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Seriously Muggz? You've Been Here Since 2006 Bro

Yea I kno.. I guess I wasnt concerned with it then...

SHARK BOY_
11-13-2013, 11:12 AM
give a link of a battle you voted on to a mod they'll tell you.about your vp

J u s T C
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM
alot makes sense.

No...

J u s T C
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
statement stands.

No... Again.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 01:30 PM
People who vote unfairly have 0 VP.
People who vote badly have 1 VP.
People who vote normal or are new have 2 VP.
People who vote well have 3 VP.

What's confusing? Battle bigger names, get bigger names voting.

Student
11-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I Remember The Good Ol' 10VP Days :D

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Too bad you don't remember when you ever spit a punchline.

Student
11-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Too bad you don't remember when you ever spit a punchline.
Yet My Trophy Case Says Different :pimp:

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 02:03 PM
^Perks of being a mod eh?

Student
11-13-2013, 02:04 PM
^Perks of being a mod eh?
You're Forgetting This Is My New Account :eek: But If It Makes You Feel Better About Having A Green Name, Sure Consider Them A Perk To Helping Out.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 02:07 PM
The US Office is also shit.

A list of other American copycat stuff that is shit:-

The Inbetweeners
Shamelss
Deal or No Deal
Who Want's To Be A Millionaire?
(In the future) Love/Hate.

You guys suck.

Student
11-13-2013, 02:25 PM
The US Office is also shit.

A list of other American copycat stuff that is shit:-

The Inbetweeners
Shamelss
Deal or No Deal
Who Want's To Be A Millionaire?
(In the future) Love/Hate.

You guys suck.
There's A Reason The UK Version Only Lasted 2 Seasons, A Measly 15 Episodes Compared To 9 Seasons With 201 Episodes, Because It Sucked (Actually TPH I Haven't Seen It But Still, There's A Reason Why The UK Version Wasn't Continued.)
You Can Keep All The Other Shows, They Suck For Us Too.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Inbetweeners only lasted 3 seasons. Still a top 5 greatest comedy show of all time.

Student
11-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Inbetweeners only lasted 3 seasons. Still a top 5 greatest comedy show of all time.
Actually, I Take It Back. A Show Can Be Great But The Big Wigs Might Take It Down For No Reason. Freaks And Geeks Only Lasted 1 Season And I Still Consider That Top 5 - 10 Of All Time. I'll Check Out TIB Is It On Netflix/Hulu?
Anyone Watching Blacklist BTW? It's FUCKING AWESOME

J u s T C
11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
arrested development got cut short.

top 3 comedy all time.

Student
11-13-2013, 05:44 PM
arrested development got cut short.

top 3 comedy all time.
They're Running It On NetFlix Bro, New Season

J u s T C
11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
yeah i know mate. the show got inexpliably cut from their original broadcaster (Fox?) though. wasn't until this year they made a deal with NF to bring the cast back years later.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Arrested Development is in NO way a top 10 comedy of all time, let alone top 3.

J u s T C
11-13-2013, 08:05 PM
You know, you and pulse have quite a lot in common. I wonder who taught who in the dark arts of hypsterism?

Millions and every comedy list disagree's with you.

NOBLE
11-14-2013, 03:50 AM
statement stands.

They don't get 0vp automatically just because they have dick riders. A lot of people have dick riders but they're not necessarily cheaters. I'm talking about the type of faggots who trade votes...you know...like private messaging or hitting each other on IM saying "would you drop a fair on this for me?" They're usually the same type of faggots who think being number 1 of the month from sniping weak lames makes them great. At the end of the day, we are measured not only by the company we keep, but also the adversity we face (who we beat). I'm saying don't be one of those faggots and the biggest thing you can to do to ensure that you're not one of those faggots is to not have the same mentality that they have that it's all about being number 1 of the month.
Yes, people that cheat in that way deserve to have vp that is lower than someone who is totally new who hasn't proven themselves to be a hate/buddy voter. It's like everyone is presumed "innocent until proven guilty." 2 vp DOESN'T mean you're supposed to be a good voter. Anything above 2 VP DOES. You're looking at it as if we're presuming newcomers to be "good" voters, but we're really not. We're saying everyone who hasn't proven themselves to be a shitty voter deserves to have their vote count for something. That's what the 2vp is. If they prove themselves exceptional at voting, it may go up above 2VP. If they prove themselves shitty at voting, it may be lowered beyond that. 0vp means your vote literally does not count toward the outcome of that battle...as in it wouldn't have mattered whether you voted or not.

Hubert Cumberdale
11-14-2013, 04:14 AM
Did Just C, the guy who likes mainly underground rap, Pro Evo over Fifa and Battlefield over COD, call someone a hipster?

SHARK BOY_
11-14-2013, 07:19 AM
They don't get 0vp automatically just because they have dick riders. A lot of people have dick riders but they're not necessarily cheaters. I'm talking about the type of faggots who trade votes...you know...like private messaging or hitting each other on IM saying "would you drop a fair on this for me?" They're usually the same type of faggots who think being number 1 of the month from sniping weak lames makes them great. At the end of the day, we are measured not only by the company we keep, but also the adversity we face (who we beat). I'm saying don't be one of those faggots and the biggest thing you can to do to ensure that you're not one of those faggots is to not have the same mentality that they have that it's all about being number 1 of the month.
Yes, people that cheat in that way deserve to have vp that is lower than someone who is totally new who hasn't proven themselves to be a hate/buddy voter. It's like everyone is presumed "innocent until proven guilty." 2 vp DOESN'T mean you're supposed to be a good voter. Anything above 2 VP DOES. You're looking at it as if we're presuming newcomers to be "good" voters, but we're really not. We're saying everyone who hasn't proven themselves to be a shitty voter deserves to have their vote count for something. That's what the 2vp is. If they prove themselves exceptional at voting, it may go up above 2VP. If they prove themselves shitty at voting, it may be lowered beyond that. 0vp means your vote literally does not count toward the outcome of that battle...as in it wouldn't have mattered whether you voted or not.

word i have never been categorized in any of the above.
no hate votes,dick riders. and i vote with full detailed expo's
and i have'nt seen a rise in my vp? or is it just the image?