PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Origins.

J u s T C
10-26-2013, 11:04 PM
I bought it today and so far I'm loving it.

I'm a little bit disappointed with a few things that make it feel like an AC re-skin. a few set ups are pretty much direct copy n paste from the previous game which is extremely lazy. But not to much and other than that it's Brilliant. It's basically more AC with a different story (Story is the best yet) and a much bigger city.

Anybody else get it yet?

What you think?

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2013, 08:30 AM
ACs!

Is this the one with the Joker? I randomly rented it and thought it was awful. Then I'm reading online that the ending is the greatest thing in all of gaming and it's one of the greatest games ever. I got bored of flying about like Spiderman through the boring and uninspired city.

J u s T C
10-27-2013, 09:27 AM
They all have the Joker in. The 1 I'm talking about only came out Friday.

V3numb
10-27-2013, 09:34 AM
the one with the joker?.. WTF lmao

Execute
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Fuck it, play Warface

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2013, 10:11 AM
If they all have the joker in it, then it can't be the same saga, because the Joker wouldn't be in the new one.

V3numb
10-27-2013, 10:14 AM
why not? forgot what actually happen at the end of AC

even if he died tho nigga always coming back to life.. kinda happens in good vs bad comics a lot

Hubert Cumberdale
10-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Sounds awful. I'd HATE to stick on Red Dead Redemption 2 and see "Surprise, it's John Marston!"

J u s T C
10-27-2013, 10:58 AM
because the Joker wouldn't be in the new one.

Read the thread title.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-28-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm assuming "origins" holds meaning?

Indonesia
10-29-2013, 12:42 PM
I am very close to the end of this game and I am a batman FANATIC and i LOVE it so far. I'm tired of people saying that they "copied and pasted" from Arkham City though... i mean if it isnt broke don't fix it right? The story is awesome and the side missions give the game a LOT more depth. People say this game is the weak link in the trilogy because "Rocksteady" didn't make this one, it was made by Warner Brothers Montreal, so it "cant be as good". Those people are wrong. AWESOME GAME!

Fredo Lombardi
10-29-2013, 01:39 PM
bought both the previous titles hesitant about copping this because even though they are fun

they are really short games that aren't challenging only thing challenging about AC was the Mr Freeze fight

Indonesia
10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
bought both the previous titles hesitant about copping this because even though they are fun

they are really short games that aren't challenging only thing challenging about AC was the Mr Freeze fight

you must be only playing the main story... ive got close to 20 hrs or more in Origins and i still havent beat the main story.

J u s T C
10-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Agreed. I think it's a quality game. WBM promised not to re invent the game because people were worried they'd screw it up. Now that they've delivered on what they promised. Everyones pissed.

Have you seen the gamespot review?

he/she gave it a 6/10

Dtoid went even further and gave it a 3.5/10

No way in hell it deserves those scores.

It's just as if not better than AC. It does the same thing with a FEW additions. And probably the best story of the bunch. In fact nah it IS the best story.

Firefly battle is Epic btw.

Indonesia
10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
3.5??? That's stupid dumb... I check all reviews on ign cause they're pretty consistent with good rates but they gave it a 7.8 and yeah I saw gamespot... Nobody wants to give WBM any credit for this game at all. The Deathstroke battle was the best sequence out of all three of the games IMO. It actually felt like I was batman. The story is awesome in origins and AC had the weakest story of all three if you ask me... I just beat the game last night and I think I like this one more than the other 2

J u s T C
10-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah AC's was the weakest story. It was all over the place and felt rushed. WBM did a far better job of making a story in an open world than RS.

I just wish the detective mode wasn't so hand holdy.

Is it too much to ask for an option to turn off ALL hints and tips?

Detective mode woulda been a whole nother level without the red triangles pointing out where to look.

Hubert Cumberdale
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I'd have given Arkham City a 3/10.

J u s T C
10-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Indonesia
10-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah detective mode was just there for show, but i didn't think it damaged the overall game.

Execute
10-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I'd have given Arkham City a 3/10.

Damn bro....How much would you rate this new game :

CRACK THEFT AUTO:UNETHICAL's CHRONICLES?

Hubert Cumberdale
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Wake Up.
Eat 1 piece of toast and have a cup of tea.
Watch WWE / Bellator / TNA
Have another cup of tea.
Go to college.
Go on LB.
Come home from college.
Play Black Ops.
Go on LB.
Go to bed.

I imagine a game about me would be pretty fucking boring.