PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather's next opponent? (Boxing)

J-Nesio
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Is their anyone left to fight Floyd Mayweather?
Lots of power punchers but not too many speed & agility boxers out right now... In my opinion, Pacquiao is the only one who can match up to Mayweather. forget the fact that he's been KO'd but, lets see how he does with Rios this November and we can see the dream fight of a year ago! other name thrown around is Philly's Danny Garcia. any thoughts? Suggestions? :high:

Hubert Cumberdale
10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
A year ago? Try a dream fight 3 years ago. Pacquiao is my all time favourite, but him and Mayweather are why I'm such a huge MMA fan now. Pacquiao should just take the tests, fight the dude for fucking free, whatever. You want to be the greatest of all time, then who the fuck cares about money? Let Mayweather think he's bullying you, as long as you are prepared to give the dude whatever the fuck he wants, you will always feel like it's down to you.

I would actually like to see Mayweather against Khan next. 99.9% chance Khan gets KOed, but I liked that Mayweather fought Alvarez. He can beat Mosley, Hatton, Cotto etc. with his eyes closed. They come in, they swing hooks, and Mayweather makes them look foolish. He needs to keep fighting guys who have something better than him. Alvarez had size, and he's not a big guy that will look for a big hook. Alvarez could actually outbox Mayweather, hitting him hard to the body and using his jab to cut the distance the whole time. I was more impressed by that win that I have been of any other's of Mayweather. Khan has a speed advantage, and dropped a dude who you'd have to expected to be a tougher spirited guy, Maidana, with a body shot. Khan has an edge, and that's what I want to see.

Another name in there is obviously still Pacquiao. Pac looked "bad" based on opponents. Pacquiao shines when you come towards him. Cotto steps forward, Pac murders him. Hatton steps forward, Pac murders him. Clottey covers up, it looks boring. Mosley runs away, it looks boring. JMM uses a bit of both, AND manages to strike back, he looks pretty good against Pac. I personally think Pacquiao had never looked better Vs JMM in their last one. Pac made an adjustment. I cant remember thinking back now, but if I'm right it was to do with his feet. He was able to land. It's just that JMM was punching like a freight train. The first time Pac went down, the power was incredible, and yet Pac wasn't even hurt. JMM was in big trouble when Pac got to him, and then a perfect punch ended the night. Rios comes forward, the best of Pac will too. Can't wait for it.

So 1. Pacquiao, 2. Khan...I'm not sure who else. He could fight some guys like Bradley or whatever if he wants to. No one would hold it against him. To solidify himself as the greatest of all time, I'd like to see him fight Khan or Pac because they are more popular, but really the Alvarez win earned all respect from me, and as much as I hate him, he's the GOAT imo.

ELOH STACKz
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Although Khan definitely has some fast hands, I don't think he has a speed advantage over Floyd UnEtH. He does have the Reach & Height advantage though. Can he land enough jabs to outpount Floyd? I doubt it...

I don't even wanna see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao anymore. Fuck both of them. Fighting over like 10-20% & a drug test? That's some bulllshit. If they did fight, Floyd would beat Pacman

Bradley? Ummmmm, I guess. But both of them are extra defensive. Would be a boring fight, guaranteed. I'd LOOOOVE to see him vs. Adrian Broner. But they've ready said they'd never fight each other, no matter the paycheck. & I believe them, cuz neither of them wants that 0 erased. Floyd is Broner in 10 years, carbon copies. I guess he could fight Danny Garcia too, but that's an easy wash for May. I'll watch Broner vs. Garcia, or Alvarez vs. Cotto would be ill top...

J-Nesio
10-25-2013, 02:12 AM
A year ago? Try a dream fight 3 years ago. Pacquiao is my all time favourite, but him and Mayweather are why I'm such a huge MMA fan now. Pacquiao should just take the tests, fight the dude for fucking free, whatever. You want to be the greatest of all time, then who the fuck cares about money? Let Mayweather think he's bullying you, as long as you are prepared to give the dude whatever the fuck he wants, you will always feel like it's down to you.

I would actually like to see Mayweather against Khan next. 99.9% chance Khan gets KOed, but I liked that Mayweather fought Alvarez. He can beat Mosley, Hatton, Cotto etc. with his eyes closed. They come in, they swing hooks, and Mayweather makes them look foolish. He needs to keep fighting guys who have something better than him. Alvarez had size, and he's not a big guy that will look for a big hook. Alvarez could actually outbox Mayweather, hitting him hard to the body and using his jab to cut the distance the whole time. I was more impressed by that win that I have been of any other's of Mayweather. Khan has a speed advantage, and dropped a dude who you'd have to expected to be a tougher spirited guy, Maidana, with a body shot. Khan has an edge, and that's what I want to see.

Another name in there is obviously still Pacquiao. Pac looked "bad" based on opponents. Pacquiao shines when you come towards him. Cotto steps forward, Pac murders him. Hatton steps forward, Pac murders him. Clottey covers up, it looks boring. Mosley runs away, it looks boring. JMM uses a bit of both, AND manages to strike back, he looks pretty good against Pac. I personally think Pacquiao had never looked better Vs JMM in their last one. Pac made an adjustment. I cant remember thinking back now, but if I'm right it was to do with his feet. He was able to land. It's just that JMM was punching like a freight train. The first time Pac went down, the power was incredible, and yet Pac wasn't even hurt. JMM was in big trouble when Pac got to him, and then a perfect punch ended the night. Rios comes forward, the best of Pac will too. Can't wait for it.

So 1. Pacquiao, 2. Khan...I'm not sure who else. He could fight some guys like Bradley or whatever if he wants to. No one would hold it against him. To solidify himself as the greatest of all time, I'd like to see him fight Khan or Pac because they are more popular, but really the Alvarez win earned all respect from me, and as much as I hate him, he's the GOAT imo.

Well, Pacquiao was in his prime and a crowd favorite right before that KO, which happened December of last year, so yeah between a year or 2 ago. nevertheless, it was a dream fight that kept getting hyped every month. even had me fooled thinking that it was getting closer to happening. (like Dr Dre's Detox lol) it would of been HUGE for boxing, and I cannot imagine the record breaking numbers. but yes. If pacquiao hasn't lost a touch, he will KO rios by 3 rounds. If not, he should retire and we can all forget about that dream fight.

As for khan being next... ehh it sounds like a boring fight to me, Khan showed he has a weak chin getting knocked out by a slow Danny Garcia. and I've always gave props to mayweather, but I hate the fact that it's become a "protect that 0-loss record" show by using that hit & run move. Canelo is one of my favorite boxers.. he can surely outbox any next opponent, I see him being a future star and one of the greatest mexicans like JMM. who can disagree? he's only 22!

but back to topic, what's next for Mayweather? NONE at the moment unless he wants to go up weight

Hubert Cumberdale
10-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I want Canelo to start wrestling and doing BJJ for the next 8 years so he can be the greatest MMA fighter of all time :D

B L O C C
10-25-2013, 04:21 PM
bernard hopkins called mayweather out not too long ago

Hubert Cumberdale
10-25-2013, 04:32 PM
So the 50 year old Light Heavyweight Champion wants to fight the GOAT Welterweight/Light Middleweight Champion?

B L O C C
10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
yessir he does

Hubert Cumberdale
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Hopkins should beat on Cleverly instead of something.