PDA

View Full Version : “Triple Crown Tournament” (Idea)

Obey
08-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Okay, so I've recently come up with an idea while chatting in EtH's thread. Why don't we set up a Triple Threat type of tournament up? (This should also be an exclusive tournament..voting possibly for contestants?) Each round you have to battle your opponent in all 3 of the sections of the site. (Audio/Text/Topical) Obviously whoever wins 2/3 wins the match-up. I'm saying a 16 man tournament probably would work best. What do you all think would be a good time frame in between each round? Week, 2? Drop some feedback.. My ears are open. Oh and the winner would receive a Crown as a sig.. kind of like how Punk made a belt, in that format structure.

V3numb
08-11-2013, 04:55 PM
would be fun to see.. but hard to get around to finding participants that wdnt mind playing in all the fields.. sounds a bit of a hassle to organize as well rite?..

Obey
08-11-2013, 04:56 PM
V3numb I mean yeah, it would be sort of a hassle. But if the out-come is success, we're talking a legendary tournament that would prove who's the GOAT.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I'd be down.... if we trynna prove who the goat is then we should make the audio battles on a custom beat to kinda add the track aspect in there on some slick shit .... I like this idea.... not too many niggas on the site can hang with me tho in all formats..... anybody wanta try they can.......

(my attempt at sparking some interest)

V3numb
08-11-2013, 05:01 PM
well if anything there can be a mod holding attention to 1/3 sections./. and one of them if not Noble could prolly hold the main brackets to post if they got the 2/3 or not

i see wht you're saying here and it's a pretty hot concept.. just have to see if everyone including the participants are able to

edit: moses would be a nice contender for being in all 3 fields..

Obey
08-11-2013, 05:08 PM
My bet would probably be Moses taking the cake (trying to spark some envious tension).. But yeah Moses that's a solid idea. Include a little of the track aspect to it, get everyone involved. And V3numb the mod 1/3 is actually a really solid idea. Takes the burden off of one person. But Noble is there anyway it could be a tournament style all in one type of bracket format? Rather than having to use 2 or 3 different sections.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

or GRizzEAT.. Moses vs GRizzEAT in the finals if this happens? I'd plop my skinny ass down, grab some burger king, and enjoy the show.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:08 PM
this would take some figuring out, being that the idea is a very good one It deff has to go down, it would need to be organized well tho, and you'd have to take your time with this

Obey
08-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Moses Definitely. Nothing to rush into, I'd need some help from our mods for sure. I'm basically laying the concept down, trying to piece it together. They're the ones that gotta do all the bracket business (if that's alright) Maybe do a little Christmas time tournament for this? Considering everyone will have some down time being off from school/work/break.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

:bs: Moses .. considering there's a moses D lmfao.

NOBLE
08-11-2013, 05:14 PM
My bet would probably be Moses taking the cake (trying to spark some envious tension).. But yeah Moses that's a solid idea. Include a little of the track aspect to it, get everyone involved. And V3numb the mod 1/3 is actually a really solid idea. Takes the burden off of one person. But Noble is there anyway it could be a tournament style all in one type of bracket format? Rather than having to use 2 or 3 different sections.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

or GRizzEAT.. Moses vs GRizzEAT in the finals if this happens? I'd plop my skinny ass down, grab some burger king, and enjoy the show.

It doesn't have to be in all three sections at once. It can be in each section 1 at a time, sort of like a triathlon. First they run, then swim, then bike etc. so if the first competition is a text tournament, no one is eliminated per se, but they are given scores based on where they place. Everyone who starts off in the competition will go through all three levels. In the end, the winner will be decided by who has the highest tallied score from all three competitions.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
No homo but Noble is a semi- genius when it comes to shit like this... good idea with the point system

Obey
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Noble - and this is why I wanted you included, you nailed it on the head. Dude's a fucking genius.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:30 PM
i think UNKNOWN ARTIST would be another contender for sure, dont know how good he is at topicals or tracks but i know he is a good audio/text battler

V3numb
08-11-2013, 05:32 PM
UA MIa tho..

noble got it on point.. thing is that this way it'll run longer and give some nice feed too, lets get this going

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:48 PM
i think this should be an end of the year type deal DECEMBER, to build interest, unless you can find enuff people that are interested.... I'm sure some audio cats would be interested , depends on when you wanta start the signups

V3numb
08-11-2013, 05:53 PM
but you have to think about the legth of the whoe thing as well seeing that it happens with 3 sections and runs awhile

OFF TOPIC:

maybe we should get a Crew Olympics thing going too.. kinda like how every country does this and that for a section of sports..

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah that is true, could take awhile to host the whole thing, I think after the text GC tourney then this could pop off, you have to think about the other tourneys poppin off aswell, cus we have the audio custom beat tourney goin down too

V3numb
08-11-2013, 06:06 PM
true.. plus we need a actual roster for the signupops as well.. but then again the longer the signups the more ppl'll forget+ no show..

so idk,ppl can participate in the 1st 1/3 or the tourny and completely MIA as well too,,

GRizzEAT
08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
...:high:

Obey
08-12-2013, 12:22 PM
GRizzEAT - I'm hoping that's a yes.

X-Calibur
08-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Dope idea Obey but i aint know to many dudes who do the rounds !!!!!

V3numb
08-12-2013, 02:00 PM
they only need to feel they have a comfy level in 2 sections.. 3rd'd be somewhat understandings since they only needa win 2/3

Denton
08-12-2013, 02:29 PM
This is dope but hella confusing. But I think this could bring alot of hype

Obey
08-12-2013, 02:30 PM
XplicitKontent - It'd definitely bring a good vibe to the site. Give people a chance to show where they stand around here. I'd hope it would bring some heavyweights back to brawl also.

OSKAR
08-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Well tbh with ya It could work like Noble said. Best out of 3 progresses to the next round.

I don't see topicals as being one of the battle types nor tracks.

Imo it would work if the falls were like this:

1st fall: Text
2nd fall: Audio
3rd fall: Video

I mean these are the three categories we've had blue titles been given out for winnin a tourney. Topical is not yet official imo as the title's still orange no disrespect to EtH.

If u really lookin at namin the best versatile MC, you really need to take into consideration the three areas on the site where blue titles are involved.

I can mod the Audio battles, AT can mod the Text battles and NOBLE can mod the video battles and at the same time promote lb on youtube by postin these battles up like he did at the DOJ tourney.

Winner of it possibly gets named the '3 Stages of Hell Champion'

Obey
08-12-2013, 07:42 PM
OSKAR I like that, or ''The Gauntlet Champion'' or as I said earlier..
''Triple Crown Champion'' Whatever works for me. And yeah, this could be a big thing for the site. I like the video idea, whatever the masses want should be good you know? Lets get this thing going after GCs.