PDA

View Full Version : Interchangable Topical Usertitle

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
So in the main event of the PPV, we're going to have a title match between Dono, the recent Anonymous Topical Tournament Champion, and an undecided opponent.

There has been a lot of ideas floating around, but no decisions yet.

What would you guys think would be a good idea for the titles? They will be LBT/LBA style, but I'm not feeling the idea of having them directly associated with LBA/LBT as it will be run a very different way.

My original idea was to change the current "Topical Champion"s to "Topical Grand Champion"s, as they had won the Grand Championship equivalent in the topical side. Then we could have "Topical Champion" as the interchangeable current LBA/LBT winner.

What do you guys think?

Jason Moses ODDgod RULE rhetoric Dono

V3numb
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM
it's not a bad idea.. but will there really be enough ppl to keep this afloat tho and not die out?..

then again this may get the activity going more.. so we'll have to see, i'd love to see this start up toho and potentially bring some more topical contenders

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I think this is a dope idea no doubt, youve been doing a great job with the topical side and this would def help out, I feel the topical side hasnt been as active as it is now so anything that you (as topical mod) want to do should be okay tbh, you seem to have a good grip on the topical side and i dont think anyone here could run it as well as you have so at the end of the day I say do what you feel is best for the topical side, you have a flawless track record so Im all for whatever you want to do

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

And why dont you and Dono duke it out?

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 01:18 PM
v3numb, I already have 10 verses in for the PPV, I think we've got plenty of people for it.

Moses, I'd want to, but something about throwing myself into a title match wouldn't seem right at 0-0. Jason and RULE were both scheduled for it at some point but both have pulled out or no showed, so it's looking like it'll be InCizion Vs Dono for the title.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Noble, Moses just suggested that we could have Dark Blue Topical Grand Champion titles, really solidifying the Topical GC as a major tournament on the site, and then we could have whatever colour interchangeable ones.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 01:19 PM
is the title audio or text? let me know when you get the LBA topical joint goin and Ima be down for that

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 01:21 PM
The audio topical side is looking good, and it'll be a big part of the PPV stuff, but we'll just have to keep working towards that one.

V3numb
08-11-2013, 01:24 PM
niceeeeee, umma see this happen without a doubt in the case

NOBLE
08-11-2013, 01:32 PM
v3numb, I already have 10 verses in for the PPV, I think we've got plenty of people for it.

Moses, I'd want to, but something about throwing myself into a title match wouldn't seem right at 0-0. Jason and RULE were both scheduled for it at some point but both have pulled out or no showed, so it's looking like it'll be InCizion Vs Dono for the title.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Noble, Moses just suggested that we could have Dark Blue Topical Grand Champion titles, really solidifying the Topical GC as a major tournament on the site, and then we could have whatever colour interchangeable ones.

I don't think the color of the title is what's going to solidify the topical GC as a major tournament.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 01:36 PM
True, but having it the same as the other LB 'spotlight' tournaments wouldn't hurt to me. What are your opinions on it?

My ideal situation would be...

Topical Champion changed to Topical Grand Champion, and made Dark Blue.
Interchangeable title named Topical Champion, and given the same colour as LBA/LBT.

NOBLE
08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
My opinion on it? I'm not fully supportive of even the LBA and LBT titles being blue to be perfectly honest. I think what makes it attractive is that people really want a GC title which is blue. I think we should keep the GC title as blue and find some other color for these interchangeable titles.
I feel like the more titles we make blue, the more we devalue the exclusivity of a grand championship title. The topical champion title doesn't have to be blue in order to gain value, or for people to want to seek to attain it.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
You misunderstood what I was saying NOBLE.

I was suggesting that the topical GC be made blue, and interchangeable be whatever the LBA/LBT are.

Any suggestions on a new name then Jason?

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah in this case, i dont think the lbt lba titles should be blue either tbh........ Gotta agree with noble, should be exclusive to GC tourneys.

X-Calibur
08-11-2013, 02:03 PM
My opinion on it? I'm not fully supportive of even the LBA and LBT titles being blue to be perfectly honest. I think what makes it attractive is that people really want a GC title which is blue. I think we should keep the GC title as blue and find some other color for these interchangeable titles.
I feel like the more titles we make blue, the more we devalue the exclusivity of a grand championship title. The topical champion title doesn't have to be blue in order to gain value, or for people to want to seek to attain it.

Agreed ....

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:03 PM
For the LBT/LBA title I meant. If we're leaving the current one, would you have any suggestions for a title like that?

Rule's was LBTP, so, yeah, toilet paper wasn't my favourite :D

Anyone got any good names for the interchangeable title?

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Current Topical Champion
Topical Title Holder
Topical Heavyweight Champion

There could even be a way we could incorporate maybe some title belt system into the coding Iron Mike is rocking.

Thoughts?

X-Calibur
08-11-2013, 02:08 PM
You know iron mike is noble right eth ??? ^^^

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:14 PM
What? REALLY? *Head explodes*

Yes, yes I did.

lllllllllllll
08-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Current Topical Champion
Topical Title Holder
Topical Heavyweight Champion

There could even be a way we could incorporate maybe some title belt system into the coding Iron Mike is rocking.

Thoughts?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/theviperxkxox/topical_zps1d934c58.png

re-sizable :D

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Punk, for the sake of messing around, would you be able to resize that into the dimensions of the tag Iron Mike has and see how it looks?

= 96 x 12

X-Calibur
08-11-2013, 02:20 PM
What? REALLY? *Head explodes*

Yes, yes I did.

Just found it weird you referring to his other account when noble already been commenting in here ...

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Mentions come with a link to the page.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Yo i think Punks on to somthing, instead of titles.... why dont we just do Championship belts, but I think the belts should have Topical Champion on it somewhere ... i think there are too many titles to begin with , I think it should have been just belts to begin with regarding LBT and LBA

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

only thing is we cant have belts for everything nahmean, like the minor tourneys

lllllllllllll
08-11-2013, 02:24 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2nm4np.png EtH

Hubert Cumberdale
08-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Moses, yeah I agree. Usertitles should be tournament exclusive imo.

Noble, what do you think of the belt Punk posted.

lllllllllllll
08-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Can use the bigger belt for the Main thread that has contenders and all that.. :|

NOBLE
08-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Moses, yeah I agree. Usertitles should be tournament exclusive imo.

Noble, what do you think of the belt Punk posted.

Hit me up on IM.

Obey
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
EtH Punk Noble

Why don't you change the color of the belts straps for different sections? Audio could be white, text could be red, topical could be blue, or whatever. (Yes that was a bigot thing to use USA) but you get my point.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

And I think eventually there should be a triple threat tournament. Whoever's in the tournament has to battle in all 3 of the sections, i think that'd be dope. And the winner of THAT tournament receives a Gold Crown like the belt's format. (Crown because in horse racing when a horse wins 3 in a row it's called a Triple Crown.) But give some feedback on these ideas, nothing wrong with trying to spread the diversity of everyone's game.

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
that triple threat tourney is a very good idea Obey

Obey
08-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Moses thank you, I feel like it'd really show who's the GOAT of the site. Because I mean, one can be strong in text, or strong in audio, strong in topical.. BUT if someone can master all 3 in a tourney, that gives a pretty good idea. And maybe it could possibly bring some of the Heavyweights back to battle.. *COUGH COUGH* Jason RULE (just to name a few) :)

lllllllllllll
08-11-2013, 04:54 PM
i like the belt strap color idea.. ill update the Belts thread soon

Erupt da Monsta
08-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Jason and RULE dont want it with me in the triple crown ish ...........

Student
08-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Belts Will Looks Shitty Unless They're Done Right.