PDA

View Full Version : Summer Madness 3.... DAFUQ SMACK?!

Askari
08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
We've been waiting a looooong ass time and still no battles have been announced yet; the event goes down August 24th.

I've no idea what angle SMACK is trying to take here; they're tied up with the BET shit of course but it seems to me they're either trying to heighten anticipation or they're scrambling to throw a card together.

So far Hollow has stated that they couldn't get the money up for Lux, which was apparently the centrepiece of the card. Without that, the flashy and classic matchups traditionally associated with SM already takes a considerable nose dive.

Surf stated he was sitting this one out, so presumably the promised match with Mook - who also said he wouldn't be on the card - has fallen through.

A few names have claimed they'll be featuring: Dizaster (I'd imagine vs Hitman Holla, or maybe Hollow who has expressed interest in battling Diz), Math (vs Jones I'm assuming), Arsonal has confirmed he'll be on the card - Yung Ill is the name I keep seeing thrown around-, Tay Roc and Cortez are apparently on the card vs who the fuck knows and K Shine respectively, and I believe T Rex has confirmed also (opponent unknown, possibly Calicoe).

I've also heard whispers of AyeVerb finally giving Swave his big battle but I dunno if Verb will take it, given he's just battled Arsonal and has Diz in a few weeks.

So far the shit is looking weak IMO (for an SM card). Unless they've been told to drop tweets and throw people off track with the intention of releasing a fucking insane card. That, of course, is wishful thinking. The battles I personally hoped to see were;

Hollow or AyeVerb vs Lux
Surf vs Reed Dollaz (Reed has stated he'll be battling Surf on URL but I doubt it'll be SM3)
Dizaster vs Hitman Holla
Math vs Serius Jones (looking likely)
Conceited vs B Magic
Arsonal vs Big T

Or something to that effect. All those names could easily be interchangeable but I don't see it tbh. Calicoe always said that he had a name bigger than Lux set to battle but I've heard nothing of that in a while.

Who the fuck knows though, maybe Meek Mill/Cass/Busta or someone has decided to step back into that shit. Or maybe we'll be doomed to watching fucking K Shine vs Cortez (likely) and other such nonsense.

Ps. Still waiting on those fucking NOME3 joints to drop too!

J u s T C
08-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Sounds more like they are struggling to get the names together. It doesn't make any business sense to leave revealing the card this late.

Askari
08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Sounds more like they are struggling to get the names together. It doesn't make any business sense to leave revealing the card this late.

Yeah you're probably right man, especially if they're trying to sell tickets for an event that's in 2 weeks.

FiNAL WoRD
08-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Hollow vs lux was the big one for me. Now that that's outta the picture I'm pretty pissed.. I hope its not the list u put down.. I don't want to see con vs b magic.. Or arsonal and big t, I can only hope everything works out and we get a halfway decent card cuz god damn

J u s T C
08-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I think Con v B Magic would be cool. JC and Chilla on the card would be good.

FiNAL WoRD
08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I dunno why I hate b magic.. Ever since that real deal battle I felt his style is so played..

Horrible "I let the blah blah go blah blah when the pair' ah shot"

Can't stand that shit

Askari
08-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I dont think SMACK would allow a so-so event right around the time of WD4, he cant let KOTD outshine him .. he'll make it happen somehow

Kinda what I'm hoping, WD4 card is pretty damn tight. They'll have to pull out some official match ups to top it but hey, if anyone can do it it's Smack.

onSiqht
08-10-2013, 01:18 PM
cant wait to see reed dollaz back in the battle scene

Liquid Wolf
08-10-2013, 02:14 PM
reed dollaz first battle is gonna be against john john reeds gonna snap on em

onSiqht
08-10-2013, 02:17 PM
dudes think reed fell off , but i think whoever battling reed , tsu or jon jon , its gonna be crazy. but i swear if reed say some old recycle shit like canibus did , respect will be lost .

IV
08-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Shotty Horroh vs Real Deal could be a possibility. I think Shotty is gonna be there, and they usually put the white people together.

Im more amped about the DF th birthday card tbh. People that are battling ;

Cortez, Hollow, Pat Stay, Saurus, Charron, Rone, Real Deal, DNA (vs Villun), Arsonal, Chilla (if he gets his passport), Conceited and Marvwon.

Fuck knows where they're going to find opponents for all of those big names considering the title match is happening at the same event.

Askari
08-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah IV I've been following the goings on on twitter, I'm guessing Hollow vs Shotty, that'd be dope AF and Shotty would be a fucking mug to turn that down (although he has stated he wants Chilla, fucked if I can figure out why). Diz vs Unan I'm unsure about, Unan's shit is getting very old to me but you can tell how much of a Diz fanboy he is so it could be a cool/corny style match. I'm excited to see Pat on a DF card but against who? To me the logical option would be vs a URL cat since smack hasn't showed any signs of putting him on, Calicoe vs Pat Stay would be flames but if I'm not mistaken Cal and Clips are lined up for a DF battle already.

Then who else, Youthoracle vs Cortez? Real Deal vs... Crugs, Soul maybe? Enigma, Bam, Mickey, Dialect? I'm not sure who the logical pairings are. Enigma vs Ars or Pat would be cool, straight disrespect. Definition vs somebody? I dunno. I'm confident Eurgh can pull it off though, IMO - right now - he's the best promoter in the game. He's definitely got his business straight.

Black Book
08-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Pat Stay vs. Monstarr would be cool.