PDA

View Full Version : Finnally got to finishing MGS 4

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Gotta be said bro's. lotta gay shit in that there title.

Shit was a cheese fest.

6 words.

Drebin, Meryl, Johnny, Sunny, Hal's Crying

V3numb
08-07-2013, 08:24 PM
MGS3.. FTW

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 08:25 PM
MGS3.. FTW

Indeed.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I disagree on Hal, and Sunny is a fucking epic part, especially with the cool cameo in Rising and the possibility of an MGS where Raiden saves her from the Patriots following the events of MGS2.

I hated Drebin. Dude was completely pointless, and his monkey was just a less annoying version of Emma Emmerich. Meryl wasn't a bad addition, but I'm not fucking Superman, that bitch died every fucking time with me, fuck the torture chamber. And Johnny, meh. I mean, it was cool to give a guy who cameo'd in every game a story, but it wasn't much to me. If anything it had a decent bit of nostalgia in there with Meryl kicking Johnny's ass and saving me in MGS1.

But the story in 4 to me is just mind blowingly dope. Snake and Liquid's final fight, epicness. And despite the annoying as fuck robot things, returning to shadow moses is the greatest moment in gaming history.

lllllllllllll
08-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Am i a lame for not playing any MGS? Never got a chance to play it

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Am i a lame for not playing any MGS?

No not at all.

It's worth playing though, only if you have the time and a high tolerance for cut scenes & the odd dose Mozzarella.

lllllllllllll
08-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Cut scenes are damn there the best part of most games.. I'm still highly into the Saints Row saga but they're slowing down.. Gotta get into something else.. GTA V whaddap!

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I disagree on Hal, and Sunny is a fucking epic part, especially with the cool cameo in Rising and the possibility of an MGS where Raiden saves her from the Patriots following the events of MGS2.

I hated Drebin. Dude was completely pointless, and his monkey was just a less annoying version of Emma Emmerich. Meryl wasn't a bad addition, but I'm not fucking Superman, that bitch died every fucking time with me, fuck the torture chamber. And Johnny, meh. I mean, it was cool to give a guy who cameo'd in every game a story, but it wasn't much to me. If anything it had a decent bit of nostalgia in there with Meryl kicking Johnny's ass and saving me in MGS1.

But the story in 4 to me is just mind blowingly dope. Snake and Liquid's final fight, epicness. And despite the annoying as fuck robot things, returning to shadow moses is the greatest moment in gaming history.

The game had too much baggage.

Meryl's and Johnny's relationship *sticks finger down throat*
Drebin codecing me after beating each of the Bed & Breakfasts to tell me some bullshit back story I don't care about. weirdly goes into intricate detail like he was there while still managing to remain vague "Some house" "some building".. fuck off man I don't care and your monkey's a childish faggot.

Burp joke's wtf

Hal crying when Naomi died. Her VA did a good job of setting the scene and then Fag Emerich starts crying un convincingly all through out it. I seriously hope his VA isn't in 5. I pray. He has to go he ruin's every scene.

Sunny. I don't need a 500 hour cut scene montage in the art of cooking a fry up. piss off.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Those are just some of the reasons why MGS 3 > MGS 4.

It was a straight story. Here's whats going down. go on the journey. No padding no "metaphor's" and nowhere near the level's of juvenile humor a 2 year old would turn his nose up at in sheer disgust.

It was well written and well VA'd. had the best Soundtrack of the series. The bosses shit on the B&B's ten fold.

And jesus fuck what was it with following that resistance guy? I would rather play E.T than go through that shit again. @ET the Refugee (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=895553) your fucking game sucked and you killed off an entire generation of gaming, I hope you're pleased with your self you extraterestrial pussy. If it wasn't for you I'd be playing a PS6 right now. fuck you.

4 did have it's highs though.

Raiden finally becoming a bad ass (how many times did Raiden have to save the day, die, save the day, die x 100 though? lol).

Shadow Moses, though like you said mini Geiko's killed any chance of taking your time, exploring and taking it it.

Rex Vs Ray battle.

Snake Liquid fight. The way the health bars changed to that of each game in the series with the music.

Big Boss at the end.

Liquid Wolf
08-07-2013, 09:30 PM
is that the game where blade time plays a huge part?

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 09:38 PM
No that's Rising Revengence. Spell ceck is obviously going nuts right now since Revengance isn't a real fucking word.

V3numb
08-07-2013, 09:55 PM
i agree with some of what ETH said

idr the stuff that Corky Romano said tho..

idk MGS4 tried to do too much at once imo, but thats just me.. last fight was epic..,the bosses were all hot.. literally too and that was unintended pun lol,sotry wasnt bad but idk.. um bouta start it ver again on a SAVE+,and relive what was up

actually srcrolled back up.. Corcy was right on part 2.. imo it's MGS3>MGS4 sorry eth

we all know it's gonna be MGS5>the rest tho.. storywise looks good, and gameplay looks EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 06:49 AM
MGS 3 is dope, but to me it's only dope because of Ocelot, Big Boss and The Boss. I wasn't a big fan of the rest. I had no feeling of being trapped as I was outside, and that was the bets feeling about MGS1 and 2. That feeling of "Shit, I'm caught, where the FUCK do I run to?".

MGS 2 is probably my overall favourite. Gameplay, the ridiculously complex S3 storyline, bosses, even fucking Peter Stillman.

MGS 4 is my second favourite. The gameplay is alright, but the story was INSANE.

MGS 1 being my third favourite, nostalgia and how ground breaking it is.

MGS 3 at the end. It's still an AWESOME game, but Snake will always be better than Big Boss to me. Since playing Walking Dead, I cant really get into how fucked up Big Boss actually gets. Okay, you've lost an eye, Lee sees that and can't raise you his arm.

MGS 4 also had the most intense moment in video game history. FUCKING MICROWAVES!

J u s T C
08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I guess we're just totally the opposite because I didn't like MGS2 anywhere near as much as 1 or 3. I couldn't stand Emma and her water phobia. I found out Hal slept with his dad's wife. Vamp was a Bi Sexual. I hated playing as Raiden. I hated his girl.The story was 1 of those you can't get your head around until 6 or 7 years later after 4. Thats just the way it was intended. it was a mind fuck of epic proportions.

Anoter thing. About 4. in all the other games when there was a twist you were like "woah". Ocelots call at the end of 1 for example.

Then in 4 you have that scene where Drebin is sat talking to Hal at the end and he reveals he was working for the patriots. I dunno about you but that shit felt forced as fuck. it was like... yeah yeah w.e lets keep it moving. It just felt hemmed in to me. like a lot of stuff in 4 tbh.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Did you not watch the ENTIRE Big Boss and Snake scene at the end where almost every single twist possible gets revealed?

J u s T C
08-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes I did. even through to the hal/snake convo at the end of the credits. why?

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Because IT was the twist you wanted. Ocelot not really being possessed by an arm but being hypnotised to take the role of Liquid. Ocelot being the key member of the patriots.

Also 3 just didn't have the complexity of the others. It was dope, and the twist with Boss being a patriot was awesome, but it didn't have the ridiculous complexity of 2 and 4.

_Free
08-08-2013, 03:10 PM
3,4,1, Than 2 Big Boss> Snake in my opinion. Theres nothing like the original.EtH I don't think 3 was supposed to have the trapped in feeling because you were "in the woods" technically there would have been virtually anywhere you could go to evade the enemy. Uhm Just C i think your main gripes are coming from story as you have no game play complaints that I remember seeing MGS4 was epic. Old Snake was a G. Whenever he was stress free.

V3numb
08-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Free is on point here..

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 04:55 PM
_Free, the feeling of being trapped is the best part though.

And Big Boss can't be better than Snake. Big Boss was in major trouble the entire time of Operation Snake Eater, and Shadow Moses + Outer Heaven + Zanzibar Island are all much more difficult complexes than Grozni Grad. Not only that, but Snake defeated Big Boss anyways.

J u s T C
08-08-2013, 05:23 PM
If there was no Big Boss there would be no Snake, liquid, Solidus, Patriot's, Zanzibar, Shadow Moses...You get the point. Even though Hayter pretty much played them the same, Big Boss has more character dimension, story wise, I think you'll see that in 5.

V3numb
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
EtH that's like saying Super PS1<PS3..

the timeline,resources,experience+Knowledge was more potent as the difficulty cause Sname was in that Situation.. one of the most valuable instincts of a nening is to "adapt".. and given the same tools as Snake did BigBoss would have done the same..

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 05:40 PM
In that case Just C, The Boss is the greatest, because had it not been for The Boss, there would have been no Operation Snake Eater, there would have been no Big Boss, no CQC, no Patriots, nothing.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

A geeky convo right here :D

But Snake would have handled the situation at Grozni Grad and the entire Operation better. Snake has only ever been defeated by Fortune, and she was protected by nanomachines to deflect bullets and all attacks. If you take into account two infiltrations into Shadow Moses, Zanzibar, Outer Heaven, Big Shell and taking down Liquid, An ACTUAL expert Ocelot and Big Boss, whom are the big three, then I think he has to get the nod as the best. Big Boss took down The Boss, but anyone after that like Gene and Volgarin aren't on the other's levels.

How am I still single?

Hubert Cumberdale
08-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Two MGS things.

1. There was a glitch in my HD Collection. In the Parcel Room, I think it's Strut E of the Big Shell, the boxes wouldn't load which meant I was unable to complete the game on hard/extreme mode because a bomb spawns on the boxes. It turns out, that low resolution TVs don't let the boxes spawn. WTF weird shit is that? The released a patch to fix it though. Never heard of a TV preventing a game like that though. My TV is also slanted, so if I'm away and get a penalty in Fifa, it's a guessing game. SUCKS.
2. There is an awesome addition in the MGS 2 Substance Snake Tales. They put you in situations you don't find yourself in during the game, difficult ones. They have somewhat stories to them, but the stories are written on these annoying comic book page things. You ALWAYS skip through them. On the last one, the last words are "Snake, stop using the VR, GET OFF!". You don't pay attention to it, skip ahead to the mission, and the missions kept being random VR Missions for some reason. My mate does about 10, before I ask for the controller a sec. Instead of clicking continue, I clicked exit, which did the trick. Fucking weird and awesome little mind fuck there.