I can see these people's ears perk up as I begin to spaz with the pen
I'm a little bit sicker than most
Shit's finna get thick again
They say the competition is stiff
But I get a hard dick from this shit, now stick it in
I ain't never giving in again

when your writing in passage form it doesn't flow easy
example

I'll "air-row to tha point: he'll need a FLOW CHARTS' ASSESSMENT or a THROWN DART'S PROJECTION" to stop being ma CLONED LOST REJECTION -.- how cud this fukboi ever come to tha THRONE SOFT W/ TEXTIN?? I "figure-row to press a grand key: cause he I "figure-row to press a grand key: cause he

I don't want to be penalized for writing bars the way their suppose to be written

V3numb
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
more space taken up=More lines+Potential Punches

X-Calibur
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Ok my dude let me give you some quick advice ...

The part you quoted eminem yes is correct for writing for songs and audio etc but we aint about that in the text arena we about getting down some multies and puns and wordplay in a short box ... Its a different breed of rapping and a different style .... Wheather you like it or not its how it goes down ....

You will find on a lot of websites there are variations of peoples text battles ....

But i feel our style here enables us to be more advanced in terms of our content ....

No ones saying your wrong kiddo were just saying utilise whats there or lose out to those who do ...

.:X:.

Liquid Wolf
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
netcees, rm, otbva bars were all structured gonna take me a long time to get use to this format

FiNAL WoRD
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Bro it isn't a track or an audio battle people don't wanna hear shit punches with a nice flow because that aint what text is about, its about being as clever as you can be in a small box without sounding overly forced. I mean if something doesn't have a flow at all in a text verse but the content is their that's a w over someone who focuses less on cleverness and more on how scructured his shit is.

Really a structure is an advantage if u use it right, just don't let it dumb down your verse cuz kiddo noone wants to read how dope your flow is

V3numb
08-05-2013, 02:37 PM
FW got that expo on point tbh..

Liquid Wolf
08-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Bro it isn't a track or an audio battle people don't wanna hear shit punches with a nice flow because that aint what text is about, its about being as clever as you can be in a small box without sounding overly forced. I mean if something doesn't have a flow at all in a text verse but the content is their that's a w over someone who focuses less on cleverness and more on how scructured his shit is.

Really a structure is an advantage if u use it right, just don't let it dumb down your verse cuz kiddo noone wants to read how dope your flow is

I cut out a lot of filler to make it bar form but now since I dont have to worry about structure I can just go line for line and add all my imagery okay im gonna try this in my next battle

Dono
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
You're allowed to cheat your structure a bit in accapella battles as well just always kinda saw text in the same light, though I write for all formats pretty much the same way.

The Law
08-05-2013, 05:00 PM
TBH this Kobe wannabe is a duscher but he's right. I know I've written plenty of battles on LB, but I will be the first to admit letsbeef's structure and way of writing is pretty terrible. All the random caps and punctuation and box shit that looks like a blob of words makes it look like a bunch of children put it together. I like to read shit in a presentable forum without some forced as wordplay, capped verses, and fucking words all over the screen.

http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132551

^ You can't tell me that the way we write in a text box.. Is better than that?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

and X-Calibur

The lines here are definitely not more advanced than other places because of the text box..
Lmao that shit is so funny.. It allows you to write more advanced lines.. GTFO

Every site has good battlers, and bad battles. The good battlers are the ones that bring the more advanced content.. It has nothing to do with a text box. And if anything since I've been off forum battling I have maybe seen one or two forced concepts and wordplays..

Here I have maybe seen one or two that hasn't been forced.

J u s T C
08-05-2013, 07:59 PM
The box is an eye fuck, why i never check battles. Never been a fan of headache's.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-05-2013, 08:06 PM
The reason behind the capitals and stuff is because everything has to be squashed into the box. If you don't squash the shit into the box, you sacrifice a line or two which could easily cost you the battle. If you do, then it's hard to flow along with the multis as there is no indication and shit.

V3numb
08-05-2013, 08:19 PM
^^........

Student
08-05-2013, 08:26 PM
You Guys Will Complain About It But Not Execute It (Cause You'll Lose). Do 5+ Battles Without The Usual LB Style & See What Happens (Or Are You Guys Too Afraid To Lose A Few Points?)

Rain-Matrix
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
I used to Go to other sites , adapt to their style and take shit over

If you ain't versatile stick to what u know, don't expect us to change for u

Hubert Cumberdale
08-05-2013, 09:55 PM
^You went to MOBFIGGAZ, got your ass kicked, ran away, and then never anything else.

Rain-Matrix
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Didnt u admit to stealing my style on datpiff because I was ripping cats?

Ur my underling nothing else

Hubert Cumberdale
08-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Did I? Could easily be true. I remember I looked back in like 2009 at some of the stuff that went on in like 2007 on Datpiff. I was adamant they were cheating me out of wins and shit when realistically I was terrible. Not far off now tbh.

Rain-Matrix
08-05-2013, 10:19 PM
8 lines ... I just sent to rican, u can get caught in the storm too :high:

J u s T C
08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
u went to n.c and got clowned off there.

Rain-Matrix
08-05-2013, 10:39 PM
U get clowned off lb everytime u log in

Liquid Wolf
08-05-2013, 10:54 PM
most people here would get bodied in a text battle anywhere outside of lb

Los
08-05-2013, 11:35 PM
its ur problem if u cant use different styles, whats the point of this thread?

InCizion
08-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I would have to agree with K. Bryant.. any other website I've been too was structured....Here it was somewhat confusing as to why it's the way it is.. (Writing for a track or not)...

All the caps and other symbols are not needed, and makes it a pain to even read... I'm no text battler unless it's topical but I've been around to know the battle system here is not great..

The Law
08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
most people here would get bodied in a text battle anywhere outside of lb

That's for sure. I'd like to see them bring a box of capitals somewhere else and see where it takes them.

Agreed with InCizion also

I am one of original LB members. I started here way when it was just that old ass classic Letsbeef. and I will flat out say that I wouldn't defend LB's system. That's why you find forum sites where the ratio of good to shitty battles is like 10:1 and here it's like 20 shitty battlers to 1 good one. The flashy layout, false promises and website design attract all the new bullshit artists. Then the shitty people that can't make it on any other site just reside on letsbeef because they know that could win battles that wouldn't have one elsewhere, from cheating or shitty votes.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 07:17 AM
You guys have never tried to read a verse in a solid block though. There is NO end of line rhyme on LB, so the caps are needed as indications of rhymes.

And everyone on LB would get bodied outside? I'm a multiple time topical champ, UA grand slammed on Datpiff, winning the tag title with Olde English, RULE was like 5-0 on Lyrical Threats/Body Bags Ent, Conceited was the first to start using caps and is one of the most popular live battlers ever, Illimit, Real Talk etc.

J u s T C
08-06-2013, 08:16 AM
If I remember correctly we battled the best from Netcees (when they repped a different site) and beat them in a site battle.

The problem is you guy's can't adapt. True there are some really REALLY shitty writers on here, but still

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 08:18 AM
LB drew with Flowgods in a site battle and a lot of the FG guys are still on NC.

The Law
08-06-2013, 08:55 AM
You guys have never tried to read a verse in a solid block though. There is NO end of line rhyme on LB, so the caps are needed as indications of rhymes.

And everyone on LB would get bodied outside? I'm a multiple time topical champ, UA grand slammed on Datpiff, winning the tag title with Olde English, RULE was like 5-0 on Lyrical Threats/Body Bags Ent, Conceited was the first to start using caps and is one of the most popular live battlers ever, Illimit, Real Talk etc.

That's misleading because you are using our best writers. The best writers on any site could go anywhere and be good. Hell, I have been dominating on the other sites and I am from here. My point was to letsbeef as a whole.

and voting is wayyyyyy better in the forums. As you can tell by the topicals here.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Well considered how little topical guys we had, to how many we have, it's solid enough. The actual content of our votes will continue to grow, but I know a lot of tournaments on they sites stay opened because of lack of voting. NC is plagued by no shows too.

The Law
08-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I gotcha. The site I am on doesn't have to many no shows. But I'd rather have lack of voting, but when they do vote you know its elborate, and they know what they are talking about it. It gets broken down well along with advice on to improve.

^ I'd rather have that then a bunch of votes from people that have 1 battle or logs on and hasn't been on the site for 4 years and decides to drop a vote on one battle a dip again. Or the array of crappy votes with the long ass expo's that when you read them, you feel like your reading the arabic language. Half the site when voting has no idea what they are talking about. I had this arguement with Illokwent about personals and flips.

This is what he said a flip was "A flip is not just a rebuttal or flipping some9nes line to use against them. A flip is another name for taking a word..concept or pun and turning it /flipping it into a clever meta simile to attack your opponent ... ex. I could take ya name law and flip the meaning to diss you.so the term 'flipping' has more than one meaning"

when really a flip is just a using a line they wrote against you in that battle. Then the assholes like this start coming up with extra meanings and shit to try and justify themselves. So basically with that last comment he's saying a nameplay is a flip?? SMFH..

Rain-Matrix
08-06-2013, 10:58 AM
That's misleading because you are using our best writers. The best writers on any site could go anywhere and be good. Hell, I have been dominating on the other sites and I am from here. My point was to letsbeef as a whole.

and voting is wayyyyyy better in the forums. As you can tell by the topicals here.

Yea No Shit .... :high: .... If Ur Gonna Judge Us By our Worst Members Then Yea We Suck Dick

The Best is Good And The Worst is Wack ..... Logic Doesn't Get Lost On U

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

If most of us go to another site we'd get terminated eh

I'll answer the call ... :high: ...... Gimme a Name

ILLoKWENT
08-06-2013, 05:42 PM
This is what he said a flip was "A flip is not just a rebuttal or flipping some9nes line to use against them. A flip is another name for taking a word..concept or pun and turning it /flipping it into a clever meta simile to attack your opponent ... ex. I could take ya name law and flip the meaning to diss you.so the term 'flipping' has more than one meaning"

when really a flip is just a using a line they wrote against you in that battle. Then the assholes like this start coming up with extra meanings and shit to try and justify themselves. So basically with that last comment he's saying a nameplay is a flip?? SMFH..

Lol.. u never heard of nameflips? Why dont you call Just C.. in here and ask him if flipping has more than one meaning.. I been battling alot longer than you have fam and I dont need to justify common facts..

Liquid Wolf
08-06-2013, 08:22 PM
currently working on my latest LB text verse all my multies are capped I got /'s and [ ] and lots of !!!!!!'s

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

and one bar doesn't end until three lines

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 08:24 PM
My record on Netcees is better than your record here.

Liquid Wolf
08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
My record on Netcees is better than your record here.

itp Eth strokes ego

Rain-Matrix
08-06-2013, 10:05 PM
currently working on my latest LB text verse all my multies are capped I got /'s and [ ] and lots of !!!!!!'s

The more of those u use the better your chances of winning

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
So he'd better use A LOT of them then.

Rain-Matrix
08-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Throw in a couple stars, u cant win without stars

Hubert Cumberdale
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Put (Dayum) or (Dead) after your bars, that will show people that they're dope. Also, say LiGhTwOrK at the end. That way, if you lose, you'll have an excuse. Aint that right Rainman?

Rain-Matrix
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I like to come up with different excuses so people don't start to catch on

Execute
08-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Nah, we would actually win some battles on other website.The format used in other websites are the old-ass classic audio format ( now going by the name of 'text' battling), the point is, in an audio battle, a person can drop a punch in each line he drops, in a text battle, they make a much more understandble set-up line and then the actual punchline.Both have their pros and cons.I've been battling On Facebook for the past 2 years, capped rhymes are taken well, only those newbs would bitch about how it 'fucked their eyes' and shit.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Rain we still waiting on the 'Book Of Excuses'...When's it dropping?

Rain-Matrix
08-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Heads up... my happy pill stopped working :high:

The Law
08-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Lol.. u never heard of nameflips? Why dont you call Just C.. in here and ask him if flipping has more than one meaning.. I been battling alot longer than you have fam and I dont need to justify common facts..

I highly doubt that.

Hubert Cumberdale
08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Haha stealth shit.

ORC
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
If I remember correctly we battled the best from Netcees (when they repped a different site) and beat them in a site battle.

The problem is you guy's can't adapt. True there are some really REALLY shitty writers on here, but still

Really? Or do u mean Flowgods like EtH said

Hubert Cumberdale
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
0rc isn't the best candidate considering that you never know what site he got his lines from.

ORC
08-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Admirable.. yet mistaken. x

Hubert Cumberdale
08-07-2013, 09:22 AM
It must be a different Orc from Netcees that has been caught biting like 5 times then.

ORC
08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Ur banter is shocking. Plz stop addressing me, the handsome legend, young David x

Hubert Cumberdale
08-07-2013, 09:29 AM
How about I quit the banter and just say fuck off biter? That an improvement?

Askari
08-07-2013, 09:41 AM
I like the freedom that comes with being able to structure your bars in the box; the issue is some people feel they can stretch the shit our crazy. So long as the bars are dope and readable I don't really give a fuck how it's laid out; box, bars or otherwise.

J u s T C
08-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Really? Or do u mean Flowgods like @EtH (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=70990) said

I'm not sure which site it was. The battle was in the old NC Archives. Alien and Hush took part, if that helps.