PDA

View Full Version : The Minefield of Wordplay

Nicholas
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Well since I've returned I've noticed wordplay is very popular and therefore I've had to employ it more in order to cater for voters. However I can write wordplay that I could literally say aloud and it would be perfect and yet some people will still tell me it's forced, I put this down to differences in accents and pronunciation. I can have one person tell me the wordplay I used was amazing and another tell me it's awful on the exact same verse.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Los
08-05-2013, 01:57 PM
if u base ur wordplay on ur accent u'll never win, its gotta work for everybody.

X-Calibur
08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Cater for all parties hard in text as its down to the readers to see how ya pronounce something .... Which can be interpreted in many ways ...

If it sounds complicated then it probably is ....

Simple shit is more effective than over thinking and compensating ....

Good luck tho ...

V3numb
08-05-2013, 03:52 PM
always cater to the American Accent,cause that's the general accent of The Globe when they speak english.. spesh in Audio when UK cats know this and have to put on the American Accents xD

Black Book
08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Proper wordplay...

Ya roll with goons? Ya 'team addicted to the cans'? Nah, you'll see everyone in YA PACK GOIN AWOL when one of the hired hands OF BLACK BLOWIN K'S OFF! 'Watch everyone in the picture dip' like viewers observing the use of TOBACCO IN BASEBALL!!!(Everyone n The Pitcher Dip)

If 'after I drop this pupil gets big', I'll throw THREE TO FIVE RIGHTs after I show up at his crib at 3 a.m. in SEEK OF FIGHT NIGHT! & it just goes to show how that 'I care to make him die late' will also make him SEE THE BRIGHT LIGHT!!!(Eye-drop, Eye Care To Make Him Dilate)