PDA

View Full Version : Battle Timers

Nicholas
08-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been broken for months if not years but I don't understand why it's never been fixed. The battle will initially be open for 2 days or w/e it is and then it will run through that time and even if someone is winning by a landslide it will reset to 1d 23 hours (I think) and then again it will reset to 23 hours.

Why not just have one time rather than it constantly resetting or fix it so it acknowledges when someone is winning by a landslide and end the battle?

NOBLE ILLoKWENT

NOBLE
08-03-2013, 03:44 PM
All battles close in 3 days (72) hours. By the end of the first or second day when its reaching the 24th or 48th hour mark, they will sometimes say 24 mins left to close or something like that, and then when it reaches that time, it resets to show 24 hours left or 48 hours left, but it still takes exactly 3 days. It only looks like it resets and adds extra time.
The only time when battles take longer to close is when there are battles in the "Battles Ending Soon" section which have yet to receive 3 votes. All battles need 3 votes (and unequal vp count) in order to close. So if there was a battle which has yet to receive this, all battles that were opened after it will not close until that one battle has reached 3 votes minimum. I've seen the battle queue held up by as long as a week before.

*Thread moved to Ideas

Nicholas
08-03-2013, 04:04 PM
All battles close in 3 days (72) hours. By the end of the first or second day when its reaching the 24th or 48th hour mark, they will sometimes say 24 mins left to close or something like that, and then when it reaches that time, it resets to show 24 hours left or 48 hours left, but it still takes exactly 3 days. It only looks like it resets and adds extra time.
The only time when battles take longer to close is when there are battles in the "Battles Ending Soon" section which have yet to receive 3 votes. All battles need 3 votes (and unequal vp count) in order to close. So if there was a battle which has yet to receive this, all battles that were opened after it will not close until that one battle has reached 3 votes minimum. I've seen the battle queue held up by as long as a week before.

*Thread moved to Ideas

Very interesting. Why not change it so it just says 72 hours? It would stop confusion amongst people "not in the know" like myself.

NOBLE
08-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Very interesting. Why not change it so it just says 72 hours? It would stop confusion amongst people "not in the know" like myself.

I agree. I'll mention it to one of the admins who does the coding. But it will only follow a long list of coding changes we deem more of a priority that we're working on.

Nicholas
08-04-2013, 02:27 AM
I agree. I'll mention it to one of the admins who does the coding. But it will only follow a long list of coding changes we deem more of a priority that we're working on.

Ok, cool. That's understandable. I don't do coding but I imagine changing it is a bit of a bitch.

V3numb
08-04-2013, 02:30 AM
yurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

if things were as easy s ppl not realize ppl wdnt be bitching as much as they do.. no saying u but the Invisible Emcees for 1 xD