PDA

View Full Version : Final Realization

SoupErb
08-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Well after 6-7 years of writing & 3-4 years of actual rapping.. I've come to the realization that I am way, way past all this.

After promising my crew a track over 2 weeks ago, I attempted it to no avail; Shit was just mad weak - I had no passion in my bars, no unique delivery, no real meaning.. At first I thought maybe I'm just rusty.. But surely being rusty as hell for over a year can't be possible? Then it hit me - I just don't love this shit like I used to.

But why? I love listening to and being a part of hip-hop/rap (Seriously all I ever do is listen to music, I don't even watch TV or play ps3/Xbox or whatever)..

I'll tell you why...

The industry is boring.
Rappers don't rap about REAL shit anymore.
I've heard the same stories, same punchlines, same concepts, same wordplay, same delivery, same flow, same bullshit for the past 5 years and not one artist is yet to impress me or make me think "woah this dude is on some Pac/Nas type level shit" .. Only thing is I wish I was the guy to be on THAT level but I'll be the first to admit, I sound exactly the same as everyone else and I can't come up with anything new to the table, real talk.
I mean yeah, I can spit about real life, real problems.. But the listeners are so one track minded that they don't wanna hear the simple truth, no - they wanna be dazzled by flashy metaphors, gob-smacked by imaginative wordplay & made dizzy by tongue twisting flows.. Ok yeah that's all cool but be serious, it's all been done before and to be quite honest most rappers fail badly at all of the above.

I could go on forever about the state of the current music scene but this ^^, constantly working and dealing with other endeavours just all add up to me not wanting to make music/battle anymore.

Don't get me wrong I'll still be active coz I like peepin the LB events and seeing people get trolled in the forums, but I just def won't be attempting to make any music or battles anymore.

But yo, don't let what I say hold you down.. If you believe you can make a difference to the music scene and bring something fresh and DO IT WELL, then by all means carry on as you were - Coz I know there's some talent on this bitch.. But from now on I personally am just gonna sit back an appreciate the good music that comes and not try to ruin it by taking part in it, so to speak lol.

@AT if you ain't want me in Murda I can understand, y'all doin ya thing so I don't wanna be no anchor, kick me if need be.

So yeah...

#MicOut