PDA

View Full Version : New Metal Gear Solid 5 Trailer

J u s T C
04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xw5t45tEPWQ

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 07:23 PM
What is Ground Zeroes? Are they making two games?

I still cant get my head around it being open world.

Just, did you ever do the VR missions on MGS 2?

EDIT: Shit was that Psycho Mantis? I heard that The Boss will have some sort of metaphorical connection to the white horse also.

I also think it's awesome as fuck how someone actually predicted that the way they wrote The Phantom Pain had the MGS writing in it.

V has come to. Prediction, V = 5, 5th Clone.

V3numb
04-14-2013, 07:30 PM
i believe 2 games, and stop fucking living in the past with the VR trainnings lmao (Somting i never acomplished)

the contrast is remarkable and there is soooooo many hidden Cameos from the presious MGS its not even funny.. i cant wait,.. i think we're gonna have a lot of former boss battles revamped for the story here folks.. Volgen is somthing im looking forward too again ahah.. maybe they'll even let me have my Big boss battle again too (where's my thermal goggles at?..)

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Volgin is dead. I also heard a theory that this could be a rerun of the MG 1, or at the very least, a set up into it.

V3numb
04-14-2013, 07:36 PM
yeah i was looking at mantis too but dont know iif hes like the 4th installment.. or some other way more related to the original Phantom.. maybe a ghost or entity still entwined with the universe.. it has "Phantom " in it so i wdnt be surprised if he had a big role..

maybe a 5th clone.. possibly.. BUT

it could be ONE "BIG" DREAM (as in his past haunting him while he's in the coma.. but at the ending some shit relevant to the dream happens for a teaser of a Arc).. or one of the clone's still alive.. either way im sure there is some sort of 5th Snake around there somthwhere

that guy in the suite may not be Volgen either.. it could be some wannaBe like the girls in 4th were

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Volgin is dead. I also heard a theory that this could be a rerun of the MG 1, or at the very least, a set up into it.

its METAL GEAR mannn... do you not remember "The Sorrow"? like i said tho it could be a dream

it could be a Rerun tho.. cause it technically didnt ever say MGS5 if im not mistaken

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 07:41 PM
^This isn't the most to date game. It comes after MGS 3 and Peace Walker, but before MG 1. Volgin is already dead, Psycho Mantis has not yet signed up with FOXHOUND and Big Boss yet, so it makes perfect sense for that to be the original Mantis, pre-Solid Snake battle.

What has actually hit me, is that we have still to see ALL of the MGS squad again. Roy Campbell, Grey Fox, Sniper Wolf, Decoy Octopus (specifically exciting), Ocelot again, Vulcan Raven. Everyone in FOXHOUND, even under Liquid's command, was pretty much in contact with Big Boss beforehand. Seeing more about these characters...man I fucking love this series.

V3numb
04-14-2013, 07:45 PM
yup.. cant knock MGS ever.. spesh with Kojima on deck aha

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm one of the few fans of Rising. Sure it got repetitive, but the cameo at the end was dope and even thought they weren't massive on the storyline, I somehow still found myself being a fan of the dog...whom turned into a faggot scout after ripping me to shreds earlier...sucked...and the dude who chopped you up at the start.

V3numb
04-14-2013, 07:50 PM
you still never learned how to parry properly huh x/?

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I did later when I fucked about. The thing was, I knew when I did the demo, but not the entire way through. It wasn't really a game for skill anyways. When you put it to the easy level, you had a shit load more moves that you could perform and everything so it was overall a lot more fun.

FAME
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
If I don't have to plug my pad into slot 2 so my mind isn't read... I'm not interested.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
When you do that in MGS4, you get a phonecall saying "Snake? What are you doing? Did you switch your controller into port 2? This is PS4 now, that doesn't work! Switch it back!

V3numb
04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
playing on easy is just not fun at all.. i dont take excuses.. and "Learnning" to parry is half the fun.. the 2nd half is just plain being BADASS ahah

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Not really a skill based game to me though. The number series is skill based, as it takes a certain amount of thought and intelligence to get around enemies with a higher AI. But with Rising, you just basically had to learn to parry good.

V3numb
04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
and parrying isnt skill based at all? (reaction time+thought+anticipation+next move=skill in my book) lol MGS# are action/Adventures while Rising was pure action (hence Hack/slash), The normal series is based on stealth so you shdnt really be fighting much aside from boss battle and eve then as long as you know the 2-3 steps that catch normal gamers off guard to beating the generic boss you pretty much have it in the bag.. while Hack/slash games they have higher def/health and switch up thier moves a lot more and somtimes with switched up charges on thier moves so less reaction time

x/ its okay just another excuse to me lol

iiMAGE
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Shits gonna be DOPE!!!

_Free
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
The Best series ever. I can't wait it's what I've been waiting for. I just want a metal gear remake for Metal Gear Solid Snake(the game where snake went to Zanzibar) but as long as they continue making the games i will be satisfied. I own every metal gear Solid game. i wish they would remake the other ones!

V3numb
04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
^^Even Metal Gear Acid for PSP? Ithink it was even in 3D lmao

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
I only had the main series + rising. Never had anything else.

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
metal gear acid is not apart of the metal gear solid series

V3numb
04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
th PSP games were fun.. but Ac!D was an awesome card/tactical.. iknow its not the main series but its a branch off

kuddos for anyone that beast the game before they came in a set lol.. i didnt get GOP till lkike end-last year tho.. and no i didnt get it in the set either.. 3 is still my favorite

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:15 PM
3 is my favorite as well but MGS4 online was awesome and you missed out on a Epic multiplayer, my personally favorite multiplayer component of any game.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:25 PM
MGS4 is my favourite, 100% because of Shadow Moses
MGS2 is my second. Dem easter eggs son.
MGS1 / MGS3 split for nostalgia + eye getting shot out.

I thought 3 and 4 weren't always quite as good in gameplay because unlike the previous, you didn't have an entire game in Shadow Moses or Big Shell. I liked the feeling that I wasn't free, I was stuck there, with only the mission ahead.

I should rock a Peter Stillman name change.

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:30 PM
But being in the jungle, the introducing of CQC, The survival of having to eat and maintain injuries. it was great. also spinning snake around 100 times in the survival screen after eating making him throw up was fun.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
I didn't think the eating thing was THAT good, but I did love the whole idea of CQC, and the story with Boss/Ocelot and Big Boss was awesome.

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:44 PM
when you play on hard bro it becomes important as hell. food heals less, and everything drains stamina. but i think i like MGS4 Stress bar just slightly better.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:47 PM
You can just rack up some quick food at the start though. By the end, even on hard, I'm stupid with noodles G

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
True bro as soon as this deployment over ill be on the footsteps of the PS4 i can't wait! Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain here i fucking come!

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Are they coming out for PS3? This might just be the fucking thing that makes me get them.

Is only Ground Zeroes going to be the open world one?

_Free
04-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Ground Zeroes is going to be open world and on PS3 Phantom Pain is only being developed for PS4..

Fuck XBOX

V3numb
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
stamina bar does count cause in reality mofos have to eat PLUS.. they get sick and run low on energy after 20 rolls around corners and jumping from railings.. lol,3 introduced the "CAMOUFLAGE" man thats big in MGS since its a stealth game.. and the jungle/mountain environments were awesome for it.. Dave you have to give room for foundation in building on top of it.. you cant live in the past son lol,also who would make 4 games on one island? even if you split it into 2 regions the shit would get old.. and even if they changed it up a bit it would still seem repetitive tbh,i didnt really eat that much tho.. i was in love with the whole "Sorrow chamo" ahaha.. sneaking up and choking a motherfucker for life was epic.. didnt try hard like that tho

PSP multiplayers were awesome too.. i was addicted.. i missed the MGS4 one but Portal Ops was hella fun

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
How can you tell me not to live in the past when we're having a discussion about past games?

V3numb
04-14-2013, 11:08 PM
your basing more current games hence 3-4 on 1-2 lol

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
If you're talking about foundations to build on, how can you put MGS3 over MGS1? MGS3 was the only game that didn't revolutionize a system. MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4 were pretty much, visually and conceptually, the greatest games on their consoles.

I do LOVE MGS3 all the same.

_Free
04-14-2013, 11:13 PM
are you saying metal gear solid 2 looked better than metal gear solid 3?

and MGS Ground Zeroes might not be revolutionary since it's still coming for the PS3 but Phantom Pain WILL

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 11:17 PM
MGS2 did A LOT more for graphics on the PS2 than MGS3 did. Being the first game to change everything is what I mean. MGS3 is dope for graphics, but it wasn't a billion times better than anything previous. Yeah MGS5 will be as revolutionary as always.

_Free
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
FOX Engine will be the shit, and the standard. man all this talk made me wish i had an off day. I'm gonna beat MGS1 when i get back home today. I beat the torture scene yesterday finally bro. i could not press O enough as a kid!

V3numb
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
foundation for future installments of the series.. 3 when it came to nicely done features an add-ons for the series were good.. and 3 Cg was pretty good for a PS2

1 was just thinking out the box and of course it was hot making an over the head game into a 3rd person shooter/stealth

2 was somthing the fans wanted to see after playing 1 and were pumped to see it on the ps2 and to top it off play as Raiden.. a lot of the game was great but the boss battles were also hella fun

4.. it came out right when ps3 did.. so yeah its gonna be hot since not many games are out for it within the time frame,just like 360>ps3 in sales when both released based on who dropped in stores 1st

when on the same platform its hard to get BETTER than what you got last time especially since you pretty much done all you could so hence why they added extra features in the MGS3

Phantom menace will be hot im sure since open world.. but im waiting to see what else they involved

MGS5.. undoubtedly ground breaking

_Free
04-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Man im so fucking excited for this next generation of gaming. Fuck the bullshit I need BF4 and Metal Gear. I need the next generation of 2k games and for EA Sports to get shot in the spot between the eyes.

V3numb
04-15-2013, 12:01 AM
you mean next gen platform,this gen is mainly compeditive MLG based or playing online vs Arcade inserting quarters next gen gaming would prolly mean like.. virtual reality fighting simulation when you wear battles suites and shit ahah

ME (Mass effect 4 is gonna be EPICCCCCCC)
DMC (Devil May Cry reboot was pretty good and is going to be hot on ps4)
BL (Borderlands 2 was hot and im currently waiting for the new badass character Krieg to come out.. he gets to suicide mobm emself to revive his life.. makes sense if you play lmao but awesome game for modding tho)
MGS (you already know...................)

fanboy..

_Free
04-15-2013, 02:04 AM
That would be dope. but I feel like you might as well just fight at that point lol.

man this year is going to be expensive for me lol.

Phil Banks
04-15-2013, 06:44 AM
wow this shit looks so fucken dope... but uh... i need synopsis or some shit i coulda sworn snake died in the last one lol..... think the last one came out in like 09 so I can't even remember but this shit looks crrrrrrazy... Snake shooting out the Helo with the ghalil brought a tear to my eye

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

omg just read this is like the story of how Big Boss went rogue an shit? badass

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
This trailer is the best trailer I've seen in some time, probably ever, it's a masterpiece. watched it a few times now. As far as I know GZ is taking place 9 years before Phantom Pain (Thats when Big Boss wakes up out of a comer)

THESE 2 GAMES ARE BASICALLY THE SET UP TO bIG bOSS FORMING THE pATRIOTS AND "SWITCH TO THE DARK SIDE" SO TO SPEAK

I heard David Hayter wont be voicing Big Boss for Phantom pain, which might be a bit jarring for those of us who have played 3 and peace walker (Side note it looks like I'ma have to finish peace walker since Paz, HotColdman ect play a big part in this and it's essentially the follow up)

Speaking of the Fox Engine. They are using that to make Pro Evolution Soccer 14. While Fifa are using the Frostbite 3 engine from the Battle Field series.

V3numb
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
im glad they got FoxEngine and didnt resort to Unreal/Frostbite.. i was gonna bring that up in my 1st post but i had a lot to say and had an ADD moment.. lmao

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 11:07 AM
lmao the music they used for this trailer is unbelievably fucking SICK. goose bumps type shit. "We're no ordinary people" just sums up the MGS universe to a T.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Tell me that zoom in shot where boss fires off that shot gun on the back of that horse ridden by Ocelot isn't slick as fuck!.

The whole premise for the set up of the Patriots and the bond between Boss and Ocelot going from his admiration for boss to being basically brothers in arms has got me seriously hyped. The switch from being a national hero to antagonist of Zanzibar. And you know Kojima's going to MILK every ounce of emotional potential out of it. I predict this to be by FAR the most epic MGS in the series.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

The whole Ocelot on the horse reeks of white knight symbolisim. His savior. But is Ocelot in cahoots with Mantis and whoever else was raiding the hospital? is he being manipulated to join his cause? something's definitely going on there and with it being MGS it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. The only possible reason that hospital raid took place is for Boss. Whether to kill him or a ploy to get him on side. That flaming whale clip was mad weird. That could be a hallucination though, possibly Psycho Mantis' work. I I could sit here picking it apart all day, and I could be totally wrong lol.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Metal Gear Solid 5 gameplay walkthrough part 1 HD Official new developers demo walkthrough MGS 5 - YouTube

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
wow this shit looks so fucken dope... but uh... i need synopsis or some shit i coulda sworn snake died in the last one lol..... think the last one came out in like 09 so I can't even remember but this shit looks crrrrrrazy... Snake shooting out the Helo with the ghalil brought a tear to my eye

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

omg just read this is like the story of how Big Boss went rogue an shit? badass

Big Boss died, after weirdly being reanimated, at the end of MGS4. Solid Snake didn't die, but it is presumed he wont be in any condition to return to combat. Raiden went on to become a cyborg once again, and is fighting in the Middle East.

This is the story after MGS3 and Peace Walker, but before the original two Metal Gear games, to which I haven't played.

David Hayter isn't doing Big Boss' voice, but that's only because he didn't to his voice in MGS4. This Big Boss is a lot closer to the reanimated Big Boss at the end of MGS4 than it is to the Naked Snake, so it would only make sense that his voice changed over the years.

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
About How MGS 5 and GZ tie together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=wc-J7FLlo3A&NR=1

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Oh and Volgin is in this.

V3numb
04-15-2013, 11:54 AM
i pretty much was certain it was Volgin, and i was wondering who that nurse was since they kinda concentrated on her longer than they should have,... got a vibe she was somone important and i without a doubt wdnt be surprised if it really was Eve

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

yeah.. umma rob some white kids at game stop release day for a PS4.... and a few weeks later when MGS5 comes out..

Phil Banks
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
ya i played 3 just never played Peace Walker never had access to a psp i might watch the ingame movies

V3numb
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
ya i played 3 just never played Peace Walker never had access to a psp i might watch the ingame movies

download an emulator on computer.. playing the shit is a lot better than watching CG for something thats better off 1st hand.. i think they have a ps3 version of peace walker HD too tho so could try that if you aint tech savvy..

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 05:45 PM
i pretty much was certain it was Volgin, and i was wondering who that nurse was since they kinda concentrated on her longer than they should have,... got a vibe she was somone important and i without a doubt wdnt be surprised if it really was Eve

Who do you think is Volgin? because a lot of people were speculating it was the guy with the fucked up face from the first snippet they released. I'm talking about the guy who bursts into flames. He's like Volgins spirit or something. His build, the coat, the boots, the way he lifts his arms before he disspears. thats def Volgin. That could be Pshyco Mantis playing with Bosses head though because he floats to the next floor just before the Volgin spectre walks out of the Elevator.

And yeah I'm almost 100% sure the nurse is Eva. If you read her lips she say's "It's me" before she runs out of the ward

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Looked into a lot of shit today, VERY interesting.

One theory is that the main character is in fact NOT Big Boss, but instead Liquid. When you take into account that Ocelot was pretending to be Liquid, he was actually only involved in one game. There is a car crash, which could be an interesting throwback to how he 'died', an arm missing, all be it the wrong one (cant remember the theory on that). Most interesting was the obviously placed British flag. This isn't here for no reason, and Liquid grew up in England. There was more to it that I cant remember, but it was very interesting.

Everything being a VR Mission is another big thing. Based on a gametrailers video that was put up, it shows that most likely Psycho Mantis is undergoing some sort of virtual programme. Mix this in with the bandaged guy probably being fake (never touching Snake or helping him), the possibility of Volgin returning (mental instability on Snake's part), could lead to all of this. Psycho Mantis is sure to be up to a bit of trolling too.

V has come to has a lot in there. The most interesting is the wording "come to". You think "He's also arriving", but come to can also be to awake. It can be that V, either being a name itself or a symbol for 5, has awoken from some kind of state. MGS has never used roman numerals either, so instead of the name being MGS 5, it could actually be MGS: V.

Fucking craziness.

V3numb
04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Who do you think is Volgin? because a lot of people were speculating it was the guy with the fucked up face from the first snippet they released. I'm talking about the guy who bursts into flames. He's like Volgins spirit or something. His build, the coat, the boots, the way he lifts his arms before he disspears. thats def Volgin. That could be Pshyco Mantis playing with Bosses head though because he floats to the next floor just before the Volgin spectre walks out of the Elevator.

And yeah I'm almost 100% sure the nurse is Eva. If you read her lips she say's "It's me" before she runs out of the ward

the guy in the fire playing with himself and posing.. lmao there were so many things that gave me reason.. but the band shit around his leg was a dead give away

yeah i didnt see that eve part but GOD DAMN after you saying that i wanna believe now ahha

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
I think like has been speculated "V has come to" = either "Victory has come to (Diamond Dogs) or Vic has come to (Diamond Dogs) as in Vic Boss" A lot of speculation about Ishmael (Guy with the bandaged face) being Grey Fox. Also apparently Keifer Sutherland is voicing Ishmael which is pretty sick.

I'm not sure about it being a VR mission for Mantis though Or about Big Boss being Liquid. The voice actor replacing Hayter is the actor for BB in MGS 4 so it makes much more sense it's just BB

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm going to get the HD collection, 100% so I can get Peace Walker which I haven't played before, and I'm going to play the original Metal Gear games online. Sucks I cant play Portable Ops but I'll watch a walkthrough online.

V3numb
04-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm going to get the HD collection, 100% so I can get Peace Walker which I haven't played before, and I'm going to play the original Metal Gear games online. Sucks I cant play Portable Ops but I'll watch a walkthrough online.

hvnt played peace walker myself but you;ll love the soldier recruiting thing,how do you play the originals online?.. is it like a leaderboards type thing?

play portable ops via Emulator unless you want the online experience

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Actually fuck it, I might just get an emulator to save. There are quite a few sites to play the first two MG games online but I probably wont be fucked playing them through in one go, and I could get some portable ops action in too.

I don't know about the soldier recruiting thing, but you know us ACs and recruiting :D

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Also you're forgetting snake would be in his teens/early 20's around that time, and since Liquid and Snake are clones..... The main character isn't liquid.

Plus this takes place 9 years after GZ which u play the same character. Liquid would have been 10 or something

V3numb
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
lmfao yeah yall mofos take anyone in iknow x/

but yeah you can send em on missions and shit.., its complicated you should look into it .. i think you can even play with them as well .. you choke and unconscious them.. drag em to the van.. and recruit them onto your side as soldiers.. pretty epic yo

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 08:37 PM
You of all people would know. We need a new GFX guy...sorry...I mean respectable battler who just happens to do GFX...:D

Sounds pretty dope. Like the Assassin's Creed shit.

C, I'll try and find the video. I think it might have been put together before the latest trailer though.

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah PW is cool. and by the looks of it you WILL need to play it since the "Motherbase" you build in PW gets attacked and blown up in GZ leading to Phantom Pain. PW will be essential also since some of it's main characters seem to be making an appearance . Pacifica and Hot Coldman.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah I don't have a clue about PW since it came out on PSP, which can suck a dick. Will PW be available on an emulator too?

V3numb
04-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Pshh.. you had your chance before i left Acs.. lol

No Assasin's Creed copy my baby from the PSP branch off years later..

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Yeah I don't have a clue about PW since it came out on PSP, which can suck a dick. Will PW be available on an emulator too?

anything from PS2-Dreamcast rewound through Nintendo (blow me systems) and also anything before PS Vita all have EMULATORS, i wdnt be surprised if Vita already had some tho tbh..

im sure the whole metal gear series is out on the emulator tho check it out may it be PSp emulators or PS2

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Post up that video if u can I'm interested to see what it says.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I'm not sure where I read this, either in this thread or elsewhere, but if it was in here, MGS 5 isn't next gen it's coming out on current consoles.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I asked that question to my mate as well. I'm not interested in a PS4 for a while because I missed a lot of PS3 games, where I was pretty much up to date on PS2 when 3 came out. Good to see I'll be able to hit a bit of MGS on the right console.

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Alternate Trailer, Liquid the Protagonist?! - YouTube

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Project Omega, Psycho Mantis! - YouTube

J u s T C
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh snap I was watching some of his takes earlier. They were like the only 2 I didn't check. Thanks.