PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop and Death & Hova

_Free
04-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Ok so far we all know that whenever a promising artist dies(young) in their career. I.E AAliyah, B.I.G, PAC, Left Eye was just cute(TLC as a whole we doing they thing )... But you get the idea. With this said

At Which point in Hov's career do you feel like if he would have died would he had been given the same light? Some people say the Black Album(Even in 99 problems he was gunned down to show that at this point he would have been held in that same light.

I personally believe after the Blue Print 1, I Don't think he put out a better album period and at that time he was blazing hot.

Anyways healthy debate please, haters need not reply

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 01:07 AM
...Wait...

Is this thread "At what point in Jay Z's career would you liked to have seen him die?"

_Free
04-14-2013, 01:10 AM
no the question is at which point in his career would he had been given that untochable legendary treatment

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 01:31 AM
He wouldn't. People don't actually like people because they died. 2pac was the highest selling rapper in the world when he was alive. Biggie Vs 2pac was all over the world and took over the rap scene. Left Eye is far from untouchable status. Allayiah is often forgotten about in the category too, even both were very good. It just so happens that some of the most popular rappers of all time are dead. It doesn't change the fact that Eminem is arguably the most popular rapper of all time, as much as I want him to die.

Enfinite
04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
^Loves Eminem

_Free
04-14-2013, 01:48 AM
hahaha

But Dave I mean seriously look at all the hate Hova gets though im sure if he would have passed earlier in his career he would have reached that untouchable status. Eminem will go down as a great as well. even if he hasn't really been consistently great(in my opinion). He is an awesome artist though

NOBLE
04-14-2013, 04:53 AM
I think if he had died even after Roc La Familia, he would have been considered among the greats.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Jay Z is already considered by many among the greats. I don't feel his death would have changed anything. Like Kanye West, people who are fans of his rap only rank him by his non recent work.

J u s T C
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
the blueprint was probably his best album. my personal favourite at least

V3numb
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
blueprint was hit,.. but reasonable doubt was a classic..

Obey
04-14-2013, 11:37 AM
I feel like _Free is a bot. Change your avi please.

_Free
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Bro i changed it 3 different times and it never pops up I just gave up after a while

V3numb
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Bro i changed it 3 different times and it never pops up I just gave up after a while

as a mod to upload a picture for you,especially if its a PNG or a Gif format

_Free
04-14-2013, 09:47 PM
alright. It really doesnt bother me though i kinda like the blank picture

V3numb
04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
it actually bothers me too tho.. lmao

but its all you bro

Phil Banks
04-15-2013, 07:09 AM
lol @ this thread i do wish he woulda went out with the Black Album like he said. Retired. Not died. With this new Open Letter track an BP3 even American gangster none of them were dope 2 me... a few songs I liked off each but nothing I still bump... Open Letter track rly had me like wtf Jay.... I aint hear watch the throne so I can't compare but personally I'm pretty big Jay fan an I think it's time to call it quits or make some deep shit for the culture fuck all this pop bullshit...

I will say most of his moves with Roc Nation besides Willow Smith signing are good for Hip Hop specifically Jay Elec an maybe even wack ass J.Cole... (he gave us the HiiiiiPower beat) so ya I just think rap wise Jay shoulda kept it a hunnid an finished with Black Album cause I still love that fucken joint he completely merked it an I think it really was a good last tape. BP3 an American Gangster even watch the throne to me do remind me of like Jordan on the Wizards like nah yo... you aint winnin no more rings like that dawg