PDA

View Full Version : How valuable is life or a life to you.

GRizzEAT
04-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Jus wanna see where yall heads are.. Plz leave all trollin/chest puffin at tha door. if u have sumn worth sayin....feel free to share.

V3numb
04-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Jus wanna see where yall heads are.. Plz leave all trollin/chest puffin at tha door. if u have sumn worth sayin....feel free to share.

you really know how to catch a ninja at a bad time..

BENSON THA GREAT
04-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Life is a precious gift that we all fall complasive of the value it has... Its a one time event....we ourselves are a marvel in the universe....i think life is a value to me regardless of its interpitation.... Life for me

IV
04-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Life is the single most important thing in the world, but your life is worth more to the people that love you than it is to you, and that's what makes it so valuable

GRizzEAT
04-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Damn Benson was on point w/ tha one time event thing and V u jus topped it w/ tha "ya life being more important to ya family than u realize" that shits i need to hear atm.

But why dont people realize this stuff before terrible crimes are committed, it seems like people have to die for tha "life is a precious thing to waste" sayin to fully be felt... guess thats tha uon kno whaa u have till its gone moment too.

jus ventin, continue droppin feedback tho... its helpin a nigga more than yall may realize atm.

_Free
04-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Life is a great thing. But like anything that can be judged it's also a matter of persepective. There are some people in the highest places who hate life; as well as people in the lowest places who wouldn't give it up for nothing. What life means to you is all up to you.

As far as people who commit crimes rather petty or large, or commit atrocities for no reason you often have to realise that one mans right is another mans wrong. There is no "right" thing to do that universally everyone will accept.

What life means to me is living everyday with no regrets but I'm not saying no YOLO shit. I'm saying everyday work out, practice your hobby, eat healthy so when you wake up tomorrow if you wake up tomorrow... You can be proud of yesterday. Atleast thats what it means too me.

GRizzEAT
04-12-2013, 11:34 PM
hmmmm.. i feel this account was made jus to speak to me n this thread.. but whoever u are....G'lookz guy, points are taken.

NOBLE
04-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Life is what you make it. How valuable a life is depends on how well the person has lived. I don't think just because we're alive necessarily means we're "living" either. We're either living or dying...and the same way people wonder if there's life after death, the same question can be raised as to whether there was actually life before death.
"Life" takes effort...and it is effort which is valuable and precious. Simply being here and breathing takes no effort and doesn't create any value.

GRizzEAT
04-12-2013, 11:55 PM
s'word to tha philosophers on site, G'lookz NOBLE

RakishHeir
04-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Life is at the highest possible value, because without it there is nothing.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-13-2013, 12:15 AM
There is nothing more important than life.

I have always hated the idea of a "heaven". Taking religion out of it, the idea of ascending to a "better place" has always got to me, because THIS is heaven. Everything you hope for and seek in this 'heaven', is achievable right here. Literally everything you know of, your way of thinking, your knowledge, EVERYTHING has been obtained through this reality. There is no need to look for something that might or might not be real, because you're living what you're searching for. Life is all we have. This is it. Our one chance to enjoy the only consciousness we will ever possess. That's why life is the most important thing ever, because with nothing being before it, and nothing coming after it, it's all we actually have.

And I disagree with Verity. My life is more important to me than it is to other people. Other people might hold you dearly, but they will always move on. They will continue on with their lives, and you'll become just a memory to them. If you're life is over, that's it. You have no memories, you have no past, it's all done. You don't have the opportunity to be happy that you impacted someone's life, or the chance to see how you effected people, because it just ends. The only time your life is not the most important thing, is when you're holding someone else's life above yours, which really can only come about with a wife/child.

RakishHeir
04-13-2013, 12:16 AM
^^^
"heaven isn't some place that we go to when we die, it's that split second in life where we actually feel alive"

Hubert Cumberdale
04-13-2013, 12:20 AM
^^^
"heaven isn't some place that we go to when we die, it's that split second in life where we actually feel alive"

But why must you go somewhere when you die? This feeling of "aliveness" can be gained here. The whole idea of aliveness was build here. Anyone that has ever felt 'alive', has done so in this realm. There is no point living, waiting for something that might not happen, especially because everything that a heaven can give you is more than possible here.

RakishHeir
04-13-2013, 12:25 AM
yo Dave

I believe we are infinite, and if you understand that concept it's self explanatory but that means we've always been and we'll always be. With that being said, I strongly believe me and you are the same EXACT person (obviously we are different) but we are male, and female.. nothing outside these, two make a whole MALE AND FEMALE is everything, all female the same, all male the same.

we obviously dress ourselves up differently call ourselves different names and take different paths, but we are all one conscious being (two counting female)

IV
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Dave I understand that, but I know Grizz and I know that his children value his life above their own, because they don't understand life yet, they depend completely on him because they're so young, that's what I meant I guess. I hold a couple peoples lives above my own and value their lives above my own life, it's just personal perception on what life means to me

GRizzEAT
04-13-2013, 12:37 AM
yeah, Verity... i understood directly where u were comin from because u kno tha REAL meanin behind this thread... but ive gained more insight than i had purposely intended on initially. Dave, i feel u. we miiiight need to talk that over one day. Jason, on a broad scale...yeah i see exactly whaa u mean.... basically. u cant put in penny's and take out dollars. Heir, u made a GREAT point in ur first post, but became more irrelevant w/ each rebuttle.

Im using this thread for a personal reason, buuuut it has sparked a great debate. Continue plz.

Enfinite
04-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Despite my bad runs with depression, life is the most precious thing of all. From my experience I've learned to value the lives of others as higher than my own. That's why I wanted to join the Military, I know it's kind of ironic, "The Soldier that takes lives values life" type of deal, but it's because I value the lives of my own people so high. I would GIVE my life for a total stranger if it meant the preservation of their's. Each to their own though.

_Free
04-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Life is intricate. I also believe that religion ruins life and people (thats debatable on another day). We all have morales, values and things that we want and need. Hell some people need everything they want. The best thing about life is no individual is the same as another, Thats why you have to value who you are. No matter how much of a parasite or a benefit to society you are. You have to remember whatever you do, whatever you accomplish no one before or after will do it like you.

Enfinite
04-13-2013, 12:44 AM
And I'm not trying to say "Fuck everyone not american". If I was deployed in England, Germany, even Iraq, I would give my life if it meant to protect a civilian. Human life is too precious.

NOBLE
04-13-2013, 12:50 AM
This might seem sort of shallow but i always determined the value of someones life based on the positive or negative impact they've had on the world and the people around them. The way i see it is if you've been a good person and have generally promoted positivity throughout your life then thats the equivalent of your life's value. And if you've been an asshole thats caused more pain and suffering than good in the world then your life is of lesser value. at the end of the day all we have to show for ourselves is what we've done for other people. and if we've made people happy and improved the quality of their lives then our life has had purpose. and if you've been an asshole that spent their life hurting people and bringing everyone down then your life is meaningless.

I don't think that's shallow at all, and that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Life is more of a principle than anything else. "Living" and the value of one's life can be measured upon how closely one lives their life according to that principle.
Life isn't absolute...just because we're alive doesn't mean we're absolutely living. Like every polarity, the opposite is inherent. Just like there is no mountain without a valley, there is no life without death...so death is ever-present even when there is life and we can't claim to be absolutely living. We're either living or dying, but while we're living, we might be dying as well simultaneously.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-13-2013, 05:43 AM
This might seem sort of shallow but i always determined the value of someones life based on the positive or negative impact they've had on the world and the people around them. The way i see it is if you've been a good person and have generally promoted positivity throughout your life then thats the equivalent of your life's value. And if you've been an asshole thats caused more pain and suffering than good in the world then your life is of lesser value. at the end of the day all we have to show for ourselves is what we've done for other people. and if we've made people happy and improved the quality of their lives then our life has had purpose. and if you've been an asshole that spent their life hurting people and bringing everyone down then your life is meaningless.

I don't feel that you have to be impactful or positive for your life to have a purpose. Really, I think that if you enjoy life, then that itself means you deserve it.

Dave I understand that, but I know Grizz and I know that his children value his life above their own, because they don't understand life yet, they depend completely on him because they're so young, that's what I meant I guess. I hold a couple peoples lives above my own and value their lives above my own life, it's just personal perception on what life means to me

I'm not sure what I'd do if it was an unrelated kid. If there was a gun to my head saying me or them, if I'd let them live. But really, people much younger who haven't had the opportunity to actually live yet is the only time I'd hold someone's life in higher regards than my own.

NOBLE
04-13-2013, 05:52 AM
I don't feel that you have to be impactful or positive for your life to have a purpose. Really, I think that if you enjoy life, then that itself means you deserve it. There are people who rape and pillage in order to acquire riches and material wealth so they can "enjoy life." They enjoy raping and pillaging and they also enjoy the lifestyle that it provides. That means they deserve it?

RobinHall
04-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Life is a precious gift that we all fall complasive of the value it has... Its a one time event....we ourselves are a marvel in the universe....i think life is a value to me regardless of its interpitation.... Life for me

we get life once to live and we must definitly enjoy the every moment of life...

BENSON THA GREAT
04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Thats why it kills me rainy brags on here bout collecting welfare and not trying to elevate himself because i lnow hes just waisting his own life .... I dont think he understands the big picture

Erupt da Monsta
04-13-2013, 09:34 AM
theres so much more to life than what people know.... alotta people live in a cubicle and never try to escape....

cats cant find the beauty in nature, how the whole world operates is something else

the circle of life yo

Obey
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
http://goodmovieslist.com/movie-quotes/Life%20was%20like%20a%20box%20of%20chocolates%20-%20Forrest%20Gump.jpg

stricc
04-13-2013, 10:59 AM
it sounds like tha question ya need ta ask yaself is how valuable is death, regardless how wasted one's life may have been his death never serves a purpose

Hubert Cumberdale
04-14-2013, 08:26 PM
There are people who rape and pillage in order to acquire riches and material wealth so they can "enjoy life." They enjoy raping and pillaging and they also enjoy the lifestyle that it provides. That means they deserve it?

Hard enough question to answer. We've all did bad things to people. Rape and pillage is more of a cultural thing to be as horrific as it is. Rape to us, is just as bad as a soldier shooting a kid in the Middle East, when to the soldier it just seems like he's doing his job and will go on to be happy afterwards.

i think the depth of this topic has caused some people to navigate from the original question. hes talking about lifes value, not so much how much you deserve it

If you're life is as valuable to you, that you treat it like this is your one shot at it. Then you deserve it to me.

Thats why it kills me rainy brags on here bout collecting welfare and not trying to elevate himself because i lnow hes just waisting his own life .... I dont think he understands the big picture

What is this "big picture" though? Okay, I'm on welfare, and I'm planning on moving on from it soon enough. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying life. Sure there are places I want to go, but I'm enjoying the path towards them. Okay, you have a job then? You work 9 to 5? Unless you enjoy what you do 100%, then you're no different from me. The big picture to you might be earning money and doing a hard days work, but to others you're just a product of the system and living in a field eating grass is the meaning of life.

FiNAL WoRD
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
LoD shit trick you know what it issss