PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see Vitty play the blues?

ViTRiOL
03-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Jolly Jam - YouTube

The first one playing Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker, conveniently the dude in my avatar. Damn straight I play with the oldtimers.

In every song, bit of reggae at the end. You won't see this from many white boys.

True musos? Askari Dono @IV

Askari
03-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Bumping, you're a great player man. Get a real guitar though haha :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Also there's a few of similar type cover bands up here in dundee, it's great to see; I've jammed with a few, the talent is unbelievable.

IV
03-19-2013, 10:11 AM
This is sooooo dope, sounds so much clearer than what you've showed me before, definitely got some talent there Vitty

ORC
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM
quality

Los
03-19-2013, 10:23 AM
good shit pal

ViTRiOL
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Bumping, you're a great player man. Get a real guitar though haha :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Also there's a few of similar type cover bands up here in dundee, it's great to see; I've jammed with a few, the talent is unbelievable.

Thanks guys. :D

Bahaha, it's a decent little SG, knock-off Epiphone but it does the job. Haven't got the budgets. At least it has Seymour Duncan 54s in it, which makes it sound a bit like a Les Paul. :P

This is literally just a jam, for example, I'd never played with that drummer before up until that night. The bassist is a dude I've been jamming with for nearly two years though. There isn't really a house band, everyone plays with everyone, which is what makes everything so unpredictable.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Although the second moody blues number, the other four are actually a band called Birdogg and they were the ones that used to run the jams together. Yet, I think they don't really have time for it and it's just the bassist now. I'm looking to check out what the blues jams in Germany are saying. Apparently it's the hub of blues jams. :eek:

J u s T C
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM
this is pretty sick man, due props.

Obey
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
ViTRiOL - I play a little bit of the guitar, I don't really know notes.. I'm kind of a listen and play guy, but this is amazing. I'm into the blues type of guitar style, my idol is Slash. Who also plays a bluesy type of guitar style. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Sun-burst. It's maybe not AS good as a Gibson, but it sure sounds similar. Only a few hundred too, I'd give it a try man! Here's a pic:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/emusicbuys/LP-SPECIAL2-VS2.jpg

ViTRiOL
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks man Just C

Slash is good, but he ain't shit on the classic blues guitarists.

Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker and Freddie King are probably my three main influences. And yeah, Epiphones aren't bad, can easily be customised into something just as good as a Gibson for half the price. I may end up with Gibson Les Paul one day though. I like Suhrs as well and PRS guitars.

Askari, who do you rate as the best blues guitarists?