PDA

View Full Version : Olde English most recent live battle (vs Cracker) Don't Flop

IV
02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=w3gvNgBGvak

He's always been a sick writer

BLNK
02-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Lol. @ The fake personals, though.

IV
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
From both sides. That's just English battle rap culture

BLNK
02-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Olde's were much more flamboyant, though.

IV
02-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah he was going for the Uno Lavoz / Pat Stay type style I think which loads of UK rappers do, didn't really work though cuz he doesn't have the personality for it

Hubert Cumberdale
02-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Will check the battle in a sec, but I learned a lot from Olde in the 2smoking battles days so will be good to see him properly hitting this shit.

IV
02-16-2013, 11:46 PM
He battled again today but I missed it

RakishHeir
02-17-2013, 01:17 AM
being british, is it possible to rap with an american accent? as how we can rap with an english accent if we would wish kind of mockery ? weird question I know, but I just can't get into the accent.. and I'm like 50/50 irish and scottish so I'm as english as it gets but I just can't get into the accent being from america.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow wow wow wow wow, what the fuck is up with your maths in thinking 50% Irish and 50% Scottish makes you English? All that means is that you 100% think the English should go fuck themselves.

IV
02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
being british, is it possible to rap with an american accent? as how we can rap with an english accent if we would wish kind of mockery ? weird question I know, but I just can't get into the accent.. and I'm like 50/50 irish and scottish so I'm as english as it gets but I just can't get into the accent being from america.

Bro they're completely different countries with completely different accents lol.

Yeah it is, a few people do rap in American accents like Unanymous, and Olde English used to aswell but it's cringey for us. It's and English league for English MCs and an English crowd so they shouldn't have to change their accent for American fans haha.

Though I can imagine that Americans must find it weird at first because to you we all sound posh me traditionally English because its so different, but when you're actually from England or listen to a lot of English rap (Muderous Swag, Black Moses) then you realise there's different accents and that they aren't actually posh. There's a lot of hood accents in Dont Flop, Olde English is a bad example of that through cuz he doesn't have much of an accent. But look at Shotty Horroh and Tony D, Sniper E, Pedro, Dekay etc

RakishHeir
02-17-2013, 11:11 AM
I mean I'm english by.. I'm a white person whos family came across on a bout? am I wrong for that? didn't most of us come from england? history books and shit lol...

Idk, but yea if you understand irish people and scottish people came across on boats, then my grandparents did shit till the link came down to my parents.

and it's just I watched this battle then immediately watched thesaurus vs mac lethal and their accent is just way more soothing to me lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I probably said what I mean to wrong I just wanted to state my roots are from the same area so that I don't sound completely ignorant with what I said, I didn't mean it like that.

IV
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah but Irish and Scottish accents are way off the English accent. The closest accent to the English accent is Australian / South African because of the English sending their criminals there. I understand what you're saying but American accents are closer to English than Scottish/Irish, I'm English and can hardly understand those accents looool.

Rap is American by origin so yeah American accents are more soothing, even to most English people. I never used to listen to UK rap because the accent didn't sound right haha I think it's dope now though.

RakishHeir
02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
yea acquired taste really, I just miss the sarcasm in their voices they sound more serious and I find the loose battlers come off better 'cause they clown instead of attack.

and I understand with they sound different 'cause you go down south here and start hearing completely different accents then us up north, then hit canada and there's some more werid sounding people (<3 ya canadians though)

IV
02-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Haha yeah I can tell different American/Canadian accents apart, I couldn't tell you where they're from though but a noticeable difference. Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather listen to American/Canadian hip hop 90% of the time haha, but it's gotta be UK rap coming out the sound system in the car.