PDA

View Full Version : Best Groups of All time??

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Be it hip hop, rock, etc......

I gotta go with Public Enemy as my favorite Hip Hop, their beats, influence, Rock and Roll hall of fame, fourth hip hop group to be inducted

Favorite Album, "Takes a nation of millions to hold us back"

Rock -

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - One of the most origional bands of all time...

Jimi is considered on most lists as the greatest Guitar player of all time for his explosive and inventive riffs/ songs

I would go with the beatles, or Rolling Stones, but these kids literally stole most of their hits from other Rock and Roll artist that came before them... (Robert Johnson, Bo Diddley , Muddy Waters , etc etc... ) Cadillac Records is a good movie showing a little bit of this

V3numb
02-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Wu tang, The LOX,Bone thugz,and thats all off the top.. lov e em all in thier own way

IV
02-16-2013, 01:10 PM
The Roots, Public Enemy, London Posse (if you haven't heard of them check them out)

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

London Posse - How's Life in London (1993) - YouTube

lllllllllllll
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Naughty By Nature

Godbody
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
A Tribe Called Quest & The Roots have to be some of the best in Hip-Hop. Especially The Roots...they fall under like Soul/Rap because almost every joint they do is a dope concept or one that'll get you to reflect

iiMAGE
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
A Tribe Called Quest & The Roots have to be some of the best in Hip-Hop. Especially The Roots...they fall under like Soul/Rap because almost every joint they do is a dope concept or one that'll get you to reflect

Agreed homie!!!!

IV
02-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah my whole iTunes changed when Pulse posted that link to a clip of the roots new album

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
No doubt, the roots are my next pick for best hip hop/soul group, then tribe called quest prolly falls forth ....
Naughty by Nature were dope

What about... Brand Nubian, De la Soul , Bone Thugs, THE FUGEES?? Who id put just below tribe called quest.

yall missin some groups...

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

The Roots, Public Enemy, London Posse (if you haven't heard of them check them out)

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

London Posse - How's Life in London (1993) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahFJmFcY98)

Never heard of them but thats why i fucks with you cus you always throw some dope UK ish at me, and you know how much i fucks with UK hiphop... Yo that beats dope af.. and they can spit.. what are they UK Rastas?? lol

FiNAL WoRD
02-16-2013, 06:02 PM
I fucks with marky mark and the funky bunch.. HARD

Erupt da Monsta
02-16-2013, 06:04 PM
This ones for Final Word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obupvycd8kY

Hubert Cumberdale
02-17-2013, 01:54 AM
NWA, Souls of Mischief, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit

ILLoKWENT
02-17-2013, 02:34 AM
n.w.a. , ghettoboys, digital underground, brand nubian.., tribe calld quest, tha dogg pound, bone thugz, 2nd II none, beastie boys.. wutang, public enemy, 2 live crew, 3rd bass -this is off the top, atm.. in rap

if group includes two man crews... rob base dj eazy rock, nice and smooth, epmd, black sheep, rundmc etc...

BlackTalonBeats
02-17-2013, 05:09 AM
OutKast and of course Little Brother -- #NCHIPHOP

Phil Banks
02-17-2013, 07:36 AM
outkast MOP and Heltah Skeltah some of my favorite an BCC....

Letum
02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
N.W.A., Bone Thugs, Roots, Jurrasic 5, TLC, Wu-Tang.
Korn, Tool, Poison, Tom Petty n the Heartbreakes, 311.

Erupt da Monsta
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
OutKast and of course Little Brother -- #NCHIPHOP

ah shit! how in THE FUCK did i forget outkast??? lol I knew there was someone i had before the roots haha add them to my top 5 shit. I listen to these cats almost everyday. Some reason i didnt count them as a group lol.. prolly cus Andre did most the work . and little brother always been dope, didnt get put on them till my first year of college 08

Illowkwent namin all the randoms, some of those names i forgot about and thought id never hear again lol...makes me wanta go bump some of that music

Hubert Cumberdale
02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
I heard Hey Ya before I listened to Outkast rapping, so I can never really take them seriously.

Erupt da Monsta
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Damn dave how old are you pimp? Outkast been out forever, you ever heard the Atliens album ?
Aquemini? Stankonia? yes these are real album names lol

i dont fuck with rick ross but heres a relatively recent song Andre did with him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoKceHYqMU

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I know you enjoy topicals and Andre is one of if not the best poet to grace the game , cats like Jay -Z .. have him in their top 5

ILLoKWENT
02-18-2013, 01:48 AM
there best album imo was southernplayalisticcadilacfunkymusic.. playahs club and crumblin herb i used tobump to.. wheels of steel was dope too.. the newer shit like hey yaetc.. was sellout ish imo

Hubert Cumberdale
02-18-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm 20, and I have all the albums now but I into skating music like Linkin Park and Blink 182 when I was like 10, westcoast shit as a teenager, and then just overall rap as I got to like 18. Now I'm kind of getting out of rap anyways.

Erupt da Monsta
02-18-2013, 02:04 AM
there best album imo was southernplayalisticcadilacfunkymusic.. playahs club and crumblin herb i used tobump to.. wheels of steel was dope too.. the newer shit like hey yaetc.. was sellout ish imo

yeah the nigga sold out yo, heard he on some devil ish now fuckin with the 666 gang n shit... sad day for hip hop, i still try to fuck with him tho cus i dont like to believe the man sold out maybe he has some plan or some ish haha mehhh :/

Dave .. i feel you brah, im listnin to alot of jimmi hendrix nowadays, bob marley, damian marley... this rap shit isnt the same mainstream ish , every time i hear it on the radio i literally get in a bad mood. Half these cats dont know what they are doin

No more dope groups anymore... :mad:

BLNK
02-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Hail Mary Mallon

Hubert Cumberdale
02-18-2013, 02:15 AM
yeah the nigga sold out yo, heard he on some devil ish now fuckin with the 666 gang n shit... sad day for hip hop, i still try to fuck with him tho cus i dont like to believe the man sold out maybe he has some plan or some ish haha mehhh :/

Dave .. i feel you brah, im listnin to alot of jimmi hendrix nowadays, bob marley, damian marley... this rap shit isnt the same mainstream ish , every time i hear it on the radio i literally get in a bad mood. Half these cats dont know what they are doin

You put it best. I'm actually INTO mainstream rap. I'm not into any underground shit really. So today, when mainstream rap is horrifically bad, and underground rap is doing great, I fiind myself with nothing to listen to. The old school mainstream rap had the perfect balance to me.

Jimi Hendrix is the man, and Distant Relatives was a legendary album.

BlackTalonBeats
04-16-2013, 10:35 PM
ah shit! how in THE FUCK did i forget outkast??? lol I knew there was someone i had before the roots haha add them to my top 5 shit. I listen to these cats almost everyday. Some reason i didnt count them as a group lol.. prolly cus Andre did most the work . and little brother always been dope, didnt get put on them till my first year of college 08

Illowkwent namin all the randoms, some of those names i forgot about and thought id never hear again lol...makes me wanta go bump some of that music

(my b I know this response late as fuck) No doubt Kast is my #1. You got a point with 3 stacks but BigBoi got it in too. But I always liked Andre a little better. Yeah I was blessed to get put on LB and the whole Justus League around 01' - 02' Righteous Way To Go by Edgar Allen Floe is like one of the illest 9th Wonder beats. which first turned me on to them -- But anyway Two dope groups right there.

_Free
04-16-2013, 10:38 PM
DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET DIPSET

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously tho Outkast is the best. did anyone mention The Firm? Outkast> The Firm

BlackTalonBeats
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM

Yeah I hadn't heard about any of this devil talk... I don't know about all that. He still one of the illest to ever do it IMO

Hubert Cumberdale
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I probably said it, but as my first ever outkast song I heard was Hey Ya, yeah, I couldn't really get into them when I got their classics.

Erupt da Monsta
04-17-2013, 09:06 AM
lol yo brah, outkast was the shit, Im in the process of puttin together a band, with the sax, violin, guitar, drums, etc.... the works, on some hip hop shit with a mix, whole different type of sound.... in the next year or so shits gonna come together real nice

Boss-MC
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
fugees was a good call even if lauren hill is a cunt (i bought her bullshit album and aent her a pic to see if her kids would actually starve...they didnt lol), wu tang have so much versatility, onyx r very
underrated, altho that may b more to do wif me bein a sticky fingaz fan tbh. public enemy, tribe called quest, nwa all were classics but in hiphop there is next to nothing nowadays with the exception of slaughterhouse which Dave should meld underground with mainstream a bit better for you. d12 were never really taken seriously but fight
music is a good song and there r others from them. someone said tlc which was a good fuckin call, creep and waterfalls to this day no one can hate on. marky mark and the funky bunch...epic, i got walhberg tattood across my stomach just like pacs thuglife!lol

Mr-Felon
04-17-2013, 09:59 AM
rock groups

Guns N roses
Led Zepplin

R n B groups

Boyz 2 men
Jagged Edge

Rap groups
Wu tang
Bone thugs n harmony(i been rocking their greatest hits the last few weeks)

I was just talking with a few people a week or so ago and we were talking about what happened to any music genre having new groups like hip hop or r n b?

When did that trend die?

METH_BARZ
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
outkast, n.w.a., fugees, wu tang, bone thugz, m.o.p., kottonmouth kingz, geto boyz, the wailers, steel pulse, five finger death punch, black sabbath, iron maiden, lamb of god, guns n roses, kill switch engage, death by stereo

just a start theres more I probably forgot about

Student
04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Rap:
Gang Starr
Wu-Tang Clan
OutKast
N.W.A.
D12
Public Enemy
RUN DMC
Bad Meets Evil
Mobb Deep
Slaughterhouse
Jedi Mind Tricks / Army Of The Pharaohs
UGK
Styles Of Beyond
Dilated Peoples
Fort Minor
The Roots
Dead Prez
Eric B. & Rakim
CunninLynguists
Hieroglyphics
DANGERDOOM
EPMD
Black Star
Geto Boys
Public Enemy
A Tribe Called Quest
Madvillain
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Rock:
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Who
Rolling Stones
Led Zepplin
Radiohead
Jefferson Airplane
The Doors
Boston
Simon & Garfunkel
Hall & Oates
Boston
Aerosmith
The Byrds
The Smiths
The Zombies
The Kinks
Nirvana
Styx
Pixies
The Cure
Motley Crue
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fleetwood Mac
The Beach Boys
Metallica
Queen
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Journey
Bob Marley & The Wailers
Jimmy Hendrix Experience

BlackTalonBeats
04-17-2013, 05:47 PM
lol yo brah, outkast was the shit, Im in the process of puttin together a band, with the sax, violin, guitar, drums, etc.... the works, on some hip hop shit with a mix, whole different type of sound.... in the next year or so shits gonna come together real nice

Damn that sounds ill... I wanna hear this.

Hubert Cumberdale
04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
For missing AC/DC, Student should be chemically castrated.

Fredo Lombardi
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
no beastie boys? and this site is 70% white im shocked

Wu-Tang Clan
A Tribe Called Quest
NWA

Hubert Cumberdale
04-17-2013, 07:18 PM
^That's because when you steal a computer, it doesn't come with free wifi

Fredo Lombardi
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
im sorry Dave we don't have room

Letum
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
J5, TLC, Korn, Bone Thugs, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. all some of my favs.

SoupErb
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Too many to name... Most have been mentioned already too.

MOP
Mobb Deep
OutKast
Westside Connection
Outlawz
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
Onyx

...Like I said, most have been mentioned.

Obey
04-17-2013, 10:26 PM
For missing Guns N' Roses, Student should suck a moose cock.
(Do respect the rest of the list though)

Wigsplit
04-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Ces Cru, Twiztid, and Nirvana

Student
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM
For missing AC/DC, Student should be chemically castrated.
I Thought About Them But This Is A Greatest Groups Of All Time, To Me They're Not That Great. Just A Preference Really.
For missing Guns N' Roses, Student should suck a moose cock.
(Do respect the rest of the list though)
Guns N' Roses Are Kinda The Same As AC/DC But I Suppose They Should Be On The List Given They're Status, Sales, Popularity, Etc. Just Not For Me Personally Are They One Of The Greatest Bands Of All Time.

Erupt da Monsta
04-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Damn that sounds ill... I wanna hear this.

Might take a year or so to perfect it but when it all comes together shits gonna be mad origional man....

Didnt know cats on letsbeef had such good taste tho, buncha white boys yo

lol at noone mentioning beastie boys.... haha
those white boys had some hard ass beats yo!

FiNAL WoRD
04-20-2013, 06:39 PM
serious tho... marky mark