PDA

View Full Version : Staying on the topic of rap....

Phil Banks
02-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Sean Price.... been my favorite rapper since like 06.... came back out of nowhere coz i was on his old shit the OGC album n the heltah skeltah shit... MFCCCC but ya dude stilla beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-59SGc_h80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfExECG3mU

he got so much music out hard to keep up with but ya prolly the artist i got most tracks from tbh..... fucca hopsin....

Duh Great Whyte
02-15-2013, 08:57 AM
hopsin tried out for american idol Phil Banks, you know that?

Phil Banks
02-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Sean Price would slap the shitt outta hopsin paaar....

Duh Great Whyte
02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
lol word up, i don't fuck w either but hopsin been gettin his name known n shit but i just dont fuck w his shit, gimmicks that he stole from em now tryin gain popularity, wack, especially after i saw him tryin out for american idol, singing! lol singing! how come he don't sing in his shit then? oh thats right cuz he rappin now cuz he couldn't make it singin so he did the next stereotypical thing lol and put contacts in to "stand-out" hahaha

Cloud Knight
02-15-2013, 09:24 AM
can hate on dude but still can't lie tho
hopsin got a fanbase

Duh Great Whyte
02-15-2013, 09:32 AM
so do i Cloud Knight, it consists mainly of your mother and sister, but ya grams get into it too

Cloud Knight
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
so do i Cloud Knight, it consists mainly of your mother and sister, but ya grams get into it too

nice let me write that down on the 2 fucks i dont give.
Duh Great Whyte

Duh Great Whyte
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Cloud Knight lol, obviously your pops dont either

Cloud Knight
02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Cloud Knight lol, obviously your pops dont either

nah he never did.
Duh Great Whyte

Duh Great Whyte
02-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Phil Banks, i got a question homie, do you drop the n bomb during regular speech? Cuz Diz dropped it at BO3 when all that crazy wildn out took place, so im just wondering since yall got the same nationality

J u s T C
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Didn't know he tried for American Idol. Trying out for any talent show as a singer should be an auto loss of all cred as a rapper.

Phil Banks
02-15-2013, 04:01 PM
hopsin wears contacts for aesthetic value Just C he been had that pass revoked

RakishHeir
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
just c is an idiot.

why can't he sing and rap? music is music no matter what way you slice it, I love when the ignorant choose to speak (and think I'm the troll..)

J u s T C
02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Because they make for an awkward mix. 1 is typically seen as street the other smooth talking romeo. The aesthetic is just wrong for me personally. It shows talent if you can do both but I just think you should do 1 or the other.

Not to mention the trying out for a souless talent show. Which is the main gripe. Rap represents a struggle. Someone who is willing to fight work struggle and hustle his way to reaching his goals. (Your Jay Z's Your Ems Your Nas' and Your Dre's) I could go on. Shows like that go against that very concept entirely and portray the easy way out. That you're in it for all the wrong reasons.

Not to mention the fact his singing failed and now he's a somewhat successful rapper adds a artificial vibe to it. Like he just wants to be famous and doesn't really have a great passion for it. I get the feeling that had the rapping with attention seeking gimmicks I.E contacts and em bit style hadn't have worked out just like his singing on a talent show didn't. He'd relentlessly trying out for Big Brother and any other lame reality show who would take him in order to get his 5 minutes of fame.

RakishHeir
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
listen to the song Junk by Eyedea, you probably won't but it's about wanting to be famous. EVERYBODY wants to be famous, everyone wants to be popular in highschool too it's part of this corrupt society that shows like american idle succeed because of.

You make a good point C, but not a valid point because rap has evolved in many ways then just a struggle. It has become poetry in motion more then anything else. So anybody can spoken word? but now they add a beat flow and more rhyme schemes they are wrong? if they sing their own hooks they are wrong?

You're picking at the subject a little rough I'm not sure why it bothers you but it just sounds personal.

My buddy went and tried out for american idle, he sang toxic by britney spears. everybody trolls the show now n' then and he has skills that's all that matters.

why are most good battle rappers white? ... lol, they have no roots in the music technically yet they seem to shred people, and would of probably been rock musicians by tradition.

Phoenix
02-23-2013, 01:14 PM
He trying out for american idol was a joke...he only went there to clown

Rounin
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Just C That was an eye opener on the real. But Rappers singing is debatable. I personally don't advocate singing with rap but that's more directed at 'Drake' type shit. Eminem sings. I think if you rap a whole margin more than you sing and you can make it fit well then it shows your versatility as a musical artist. But that's just me.
Phil Banks what exactly do you find wrong with Hopsin, as far as talent goes.
Duh Great Whyte LMFAO at that mini convo and When I watched Diz vs Arcane that EXACT SAME thought came into my head.

Phil Banks
02-24-2013, 03:51 PM
he using that 98 eminem flow terribly an plus i cant respect a gimmick rapper... fuck hopsin

Rounin
02-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Lol you're right he does sound exactly like old Em but I think it's nice to respect a rapper that talks about real shit. Ofc I think there's prolly more out there but ya know.

TheAnonP
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM
how can you say that hopsin's stealing em's style and hate at him?

If that's the case, anyone who spittin real rap is a gimmick of pac and anyone who spits funny bars is a gimmick of eminem?

Stop with that bullshit! Their lyrics are completely different and hopsin's entertaining!

Hopsin American Idol audition - YouTube

Rounin
02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
OSKAR You got a point but it's a little different like when I heard Hopsin, his style is literally almost a replica is Shady's just with slightly different content and more modernized but I still like Hopsin.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Lmfao that was definitely a prank.

TheAnonP
02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
so you tellin me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtfd69DfOak

is the same as shady? The beats the style everything? The only thing I see similar is the occasional yelling and the funny content! Although their humour is different...Not in a single track Hopsin's makes killing someone sound funny lol...I mean he even admitted em is his favourite rapper and he is influenced by him but I don't see how they are the same

Rounin
02-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Beats are different but I can't really explain it. The moment I listened to Hopsin I got a slim shady vibe. I don't think he steals people's gimmicks but him and old Em are just really similar. I'd think it would just come closer to delivery, not really the content. Hopsin sings just like the Em did/does. He had that whole fuck the world kind f attitude (but then again who doesn't) I wouldn't say their Lyrics are exactly the same but their schemes are similar and their delivery. Either way Hopsin is still in my top 10