PDA

View Full Version : Question about CAPS

KICH
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
I've heard from a number of people that I need to start using CAPS on my multies so people catch them. Are most people on here that read battles really that oblivious to knowing what multis are without help? I'm sorry but if you can't recognize multi-syllable rhymes without the visual aid of Caps lock then you in all honesty shouldn't be attempting to rhyme. The sites that I've been on for a few years now all know how to catch multis without any help of caps lock or quotation marks. It's simple as fuck, you just read and the shit will rhyme lol. Not a diss to the site, just wondering if the majority of people on here actually can't recognize multis without some sort of special aid. Cuz the format of writtens on here looks atrocious to me with all the caps locks and quotations to be honest.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-14-2013, 03:20 PM
I used to be the number 1 "LB is bullshit cause it needs multis", but I got to know why it was. Usually, you'd write like this,

Day to night, I'm lyrically raping you KICH,
Every since the time funkasaurus made you his bitch.

It's easy to see, as it's clear the multi will be at the end of the line.

On LB, it looks like this...

Day to night, I'm lyrically raping you KICH, every since the time funkasaurus made you his bitch.

It's a lot harder to catch on when it's all meshed together. You might miss something to emphasis when the multi first begins, and that will stumble the flow slightly and shit. It's just the layout of the text box on here that makes it needed.

FAME
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
The answer to all of your questions and worries is here!

They go on your head.

Manhattan
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Hahahahaha^

Phroxen
02-14-2013, 03:39 PM
I've heard from a number of people that I need to start using CAPS on my multies so people catch them. Are most people on here that read battles really that oblivious to knowing what multis are without help? I'm sorry but if you can't recognize multi-syllable rhymes without the visual aid of Caps lock then you in all honesty shouldn't be attempting to rhyme. The sites that I've been on for a few years now all know how to catch multis without any help of caps lock or quotation marks. It's simple as fuck, you just read and the shit will rhyme lol. Not a diss to the site, just wondering if the majority of people on here actually can't recognize multis without some sort of special aid. Cuz the format of writtens on here looks atrocious to me with all the caps locks and quotations to be honest.

Short answer: Yes

The majority of voters can't read, nor comprehend anything past a remedial level. Capping multies is just another way to hold the reader's hand and guide them through your verse like a potty training toddler. Take the extra time if you care about trying to get votes. Part of battling is catering to the crowd, and honestly the crowd here is dumb.

Otherwise, just do you and people with talent will recognize talent if it's there. Or grab a mic.

KICH
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Short answer: Yes

The majority of voters can't read, nor comprehend anything past a remedial level. Capping multies is just another way to hold the reader's hand and guide them through your verse like a potty training toddler. Take the extra time if you care about trying to get votes. Part of battling is catering to the crowd, and honestly the crowd here is dumb.

Otherwise, just do you and people with talent will recognize talent if it's there. Or grab a mic.

I feel you man, I appreciate all the feedback from all of you. And I do audio as my first priority in Hip hop. here's a link to anyone tryna take a listen.

Look Out For Detox (feat. Tosa Brooks) [HD] [Remix] - YouTube

Phroxen
02-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Assuming you're Angel, not Tosa? If the flow was on point through the whole thing, this would've been bonkers. It was rushed in a lot of parts, but fuckin bravo for the sheer amount of lyrics & containing yourselves throughout. Tons of good content in this.. Upvote.

KICH
02-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Assuming you're Angel, not Tosa? If the flow was on point through the whole thing, this would've been bonkers. It was rushed in a lot of parts, but fuckin bravo for the sheer amount of lyrics & containing yourselves throughout. Tons of good content in this.. Upvote.

I really appreciate the feedback man. I'm always open to constructive criticism and advice, I'll definitely take yours into account. And yes, I'm Angel. Tosa's part was just a little joke part because we didn't just want a blank break inbetween the song lol