PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Color and Pokemon Crystal

ViTRiOL
02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Found it again in my room. Somewhat psyched again, but I keep getting called a hipster for wanting to play Gameboy Color again. What a terrible world.

What starter did everyone choose?

Cyndaquil, Totodile or Chikorita?

Dean
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Cyndaquill, always go with the fire type....high attack and speed

ViTRiOL
02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
That's what I was thinking, always started with em.

Theoretically, the best Pokemon team in Pokemon Crystal would be these six types of moves:

Ground
Ice
Fighting
Dark
Flying
Electric

As that means that covers all weaknesses. As Typhlosion can learn Earthquake, I suppose he's the best choice.

RakishHeir
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
pokemon games are awesome for gameboy, lol at crystal though I never made it that far, last one I play was silver and I barley enjoyed that compared to red, yellow, blue but yea awesome games.

ViTRiOL
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Crystal is basically the same as gold and silver, but without Ho-oh and it has Suicune.

First, second and third generation are the best though.
That would be blue, red, green, yellow, gold, silver and Crystal.

Can't find the oldest ones. :(
Still have Legend of Zelda: Age of Seasons though...

RakishHeir
02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
I never played green :( or gold. or crystal. lol but fucked the shit out of every other one all through my chidhood, road trip, buss ride, here we come buddy

ViTRiOL
02-10-2013, 03:11 PM
This is so nostalgic. Most exciting sound in the world, the little "pling" when you turned it on.

"Click ... pling!"

RakishHeir
02-10-2013, 03:21 PM
that'd be a cool opening for a track, like you turned your track on.

ViTRiOL
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
If you can get someone to do some glitchcore, Snes-esque rap beat, sure. That would work.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I always picked totodile because when you hit the Pokemon league you've got bite to crush dark/psycic types. I used to love the game. I had Gold. You can play and save all the games up until Crystal on Playr.com

TheAnonP
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I always started with a fire type.

Here are what your team type's should look like.

Fire (Typhlosion)
Flying (Pidgeot)
Water ( Red Gyarados)
Electric (Ampharos)
Ground (Tyranitar)
Dragon (Dragonite)

This was always my team

METH_BARZ
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
pokemon games are awesome for gameboy, lol at crystal though I never made it that far, last one I play was silver and I barley enjoyed that compared to red, yellow, blue but yea awesome games.

yellow got annoying with pikachus ass followed you around like a faggot

ViTRiOL
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I always started with a fire type.

Here are what your team type's should look like.

Fire (Typhlosion)
Flying (Pidgeot)
Water ( Red Gyarados)
Electric (Ampharos)
Ground (Tyranitar)
Dragon (Dragonite)

This was always my team

Dragon switched for Ice.
Fire switched for Fighting.
Water switched for Dark.

And then it's perfect.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I always picked totodile because when you hit the Pokemon league you've got bite to crush dark/psycic types. I used to love the game. I had Gold. You can play and save all the games up until Crystal on Playr.com

Playing it on the internet takes the antiquity out of it man.

GBC all the way.

And I forgot that Bite is a dark move.

Student
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM
CoolRoms.com

TheAnonP
02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Dragon switched for Ice.
Fire switched for Fighting.
Water switched for Dark.

And then it's perfect.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Playing it on the internet takes the antiquity out of it man.

GBC all the way.

And I forgot that Bite is a dark move.

Fighting Types are Useless. They are non effective against most types and most types can damage them heavily.

Ice types, Forget em. Get a water type instead. All watertypes can learn ice type moves plus u are immune to fire whereas ice types are useless against fire.
And Dragon type's a must go. They can learn all types of moves and they receive no damage from almost all types (except ice and dragon). ;)...Plus u need a water type to teach it surf, otherwise u can't move on

Hubert Cumberdale
02-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Fire type is the worst to me. You dont get much opponents in the way of grass to often and if you're strong enough normal moves smash em anyways.

I gave my gameboy to a mate like 4 years ago. Along with my electric guitar, the cunt has fucked off with it. Bought that shit for £8 off a mate when I was 11 haha

V3numb
02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
fuck that blue ver FTW.. i knew some damn die hard pokePLAYERS tho.. they leveled up pokemon a specific way at specific places to get higher stats than you normaly would.. it was a method i forgot but DAMN..

um bouta DL me a gameboy emulator and play some shit up ahah

Hubert Cumberdale
02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
To be fair I'd rip all of you up with a Missing No.

V3numb
02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
im asian.. that shit was being made in my basement -_-

you cant handle my pocketmonsters ,,

Hubert Cumberdale
02-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Pssssssht, I heard you got stuck in Ice Path you newb. You're nothing but a Pokemon Rusty ass toy.

Pokemon Rusty: Ep. 1 - The Journey Begins. - YouTube

Cloud Knight
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
mewtwo
#hateonit

V3numb
02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
^^ ppl had MEW..

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Pssssssht, I heard you got stuck in Ice Path you newb. You're nothing but a Pokemon Rusty ass toy.

Pokemon Rusty: Ep. 1 - The Journey Begins. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoOA58Y-Lg)

lmao..

but naw

i was only stuck there or an hour

Hubert Cumberdale
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I never had any friends to link cable with :(

I was always kicking it with a Machoke, Haunter and Poliwhirl just wishing they'd boost up to become beasts.

ViTRiOL
02-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Haha... I thought that was a paperweight.

V3numb
02-12-2013, 12:07 AM

I was always kicking it with a Machoke, Haunter and Poliwhirl just wishing they'd boost up to become beasts.

now them 3 bring back memorys.. my cousin were fanatics

but you should have just done it at recess.. lol

BLNK
02-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Recess? This was two months ago for Dave.

ViTRiOL
02-12-2013, 09:54 PM

Could always do it yourself. Few bucks for another Gameboy, a cable and a cartridge.

Would be a very very lonely experience though.

V3numb
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
^^ lol..,fuck it and gameshark i guess.. least u wdnt have a 2nd gb for nothing.. and this way you can mess around with all your other games

Hubert Cumberdale
02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
I bought my Gameboy off a friend a week before I moved away. When I moved to thhe new country I was too busy trying to replicate The New Guy and asking people if they want to swap my Bellsprout for a Squirtle wasn't exactly that cool.

FeRnO
02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
You Niggas Are Incel....

Hubert Cumberdale
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
This is something I wrote a few years ago. Will appeal to the guys who know Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal storyline :D

I set the time, then professor OAK HAD SAID that he OVER SLEPT. My mom GOES AND GETS my PHONE AND NEXT I go next door and say "HELLO PROFESS...", but I'm heavily stunned by three pokeballs; he says I'm ready for one so I CHOSE THE BEST; Chikorita, which gains the MOST EFFECTS. And the mission is to GO TO WEST to Mr. Pokemon where he will disPOSE AN EGG and a POKEDEX. So I HAVE TO LEAVE HOME and suddenly, a RAT APPEARS SO I use SCRATCH AND HE'S TOAST. Now Chikorita's SAD XP ROSE and ADVANCED FROM ZERO up to HALF THE EVO. I get the equiptment, and then CATCH A WEEDLE only to see a troublesom man who's more colorful than the AVERAGE PEOPLE. He seens BAD AND EVIL and says THAT I'M FEEBLE and that he wants to BATTLE ME SO, he uses Cyndaquilt, I use Chikorita, both very MATCHED AND EQUAL but alas I emerge AS THE HERO so he runs off when I WHACKED HIS EGO. Then, I speak with a MAN THAT SEEMS OLD whom gives me a MAP WITH CLEAR ROADS.

Khem
02-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Digimon>Pokemon>Yugioh>beyblade>all the other bullshit

Hubert Cumberdale
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Wow wow wow wow wow......DIGIMON? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha FUCK YOU!

Khem
02-14-2013, 12:36 AM
greymon was way beast than charzard.. and he still had 2-3 more evolutions to go

plus pokemon cdnt DNA digivolve http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Q_ka/gif/dan-stupid.gif

Student
02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Lmfao @ Digimon, Only Fags Played Digimon

Hubert Cumberdale
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Even Student thinks you're a faggot.

TheAnonP
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
This is something I wrote a few years ago. Will appeal to the guys who know Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal storyline :D

I set the time, then professor OAK HAD SAID that he OVER SLEPT. My mom GOES AND GETS my PHONE AND NEXT I go next door and say "HELLO PROFESS...", but I'm heavily stunned by three pokeballs; he says I'm ready for one so I CHOSE THE BEST; Chikorita, which gains the MOST EFFECTS. And the mission is to GO TO WEST to Mr. Pokemon where he will disPOSE AN EGG and a POKEDEX. So I HAVE TO LEAVE HOME and suddenly, a RAT APPEARS SO I use SCRATCH AND HE'S TOAST. Now Chikorita's SAD XP ROSE and ADVANCED FROM ZERO up to HALF THE EVO. I get the equiptment, and then CATCH A WEEDLE only to see a troublesom man who's more colorful than the AVERAGE PEOPLE. He seens BAD AND EVIL and says THAT I'M FEEBLE and that he wants to BATTLE ME SO, he uses Cyndaquilt, I use Chikorita, both very MATCHED AND EQUAL but alas I emerge AS THE HERO so he runs off when I WHACKED HIS EGO. Then, I speak with a MAN THAT SEEMS OLD whom gives me a MAP WITH CLEAR ROADS.

LMFAO!

quit fakin tho fams. Chiko and Chinda aren't 'very matched and equal'

Khem
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Even Student thinks you're a faggot.

im wearing pink.. and crying in my avy.. no shit lmao

hes just mad he never digivolved into a angeWOMEN

http://blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/judicial-inc/92drag96.jpg

Hubert Cumberdale
02-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Naaah I owned him OSKAR. He gave me some trouble with his Haunter, Smeargle, Mawkaw and Goldbat later on though.

ViTRiOL
02-15-2013, 08:43 AM
You got the map after battling that ginger fucker?

I suppose you wanted the old man to see you rape him with that grass motherfucker.

I never picked Chikorita, how is Chikorita the best?

V3numb
02-15-2013, 10:10 AM
isnt really a best.. just trainning and pref.. BUT.. he can learn blaze kick and such later on so ilike that for specific enemies megaKick also

Pokemon black FTW.. and 2 eventually

Godbody
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
fuck outta here if you cant pick charmander or squirtle why are u playin it

Student
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Red & Blue - Gold & Silver Were The BEST TBH.

I Played Emerald Recently But I LOVED That In Gold & Silver You Got To Go Two Two Towns And Get Twice As Many Badges + Battle Ash In That Mountain With His Lvl 80 Pikachu Or Whatever.

J u s T C
02-15-2013, 02:22 PM
God you guys are gay.

Student
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/pokemonstamp-470x550.jpg

V3numb
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
fuck outta here if you cant pick charmander or squirtle why are u playin it

FUCKING AGREE

i tried putting in the codes for charmander and squirtle other day just so i can start w/em.. and i cant get em until i get towards the end of the game.. smfh

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

blue version was the best.. even if green version was same shit just a lil better.. i preferred the blue picture for the cartridge tho..

Hubert Cumberdale
02-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Black? You're too old to be playing the shit NOW lmao.

Nah you got the map by talking to the old guy in the second town. He was standing right at the entrerance, right next to where you meet the ginger rival dude for the first time. He takes you around the town and then goes into his gaff at the bottom. I know this fight mang

V3numb
02-15-2013, 03:26 PM

Nah you got the map by talking to the old guy in the second town. He was standing right at the entrerance, right next to where you meet the ginger rival dude for the first time. He takes you around the town and then goes into his gaff at the bottom. I know this fight mang

bitch i aint play in like 10 years.. i wanna reminisce and see how things got.. im just running through it aint like im trying to catch all pokemon or something ahah

but yeah got the codes to work..

LV.5 Mew,Squirtle,Charmander

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

not like i payed for it anyways?.. Emulator son ahah

ViTRiOL
02-15-2013, 10:55 PM

I know how to get the fucking map, haha. Just saying, in your verse, you got the map after beating the rival. I always got the map before then.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

I always preferred Generation II. So much beefier.

Hubert Cumberdale
02-15-2013, 10:59 PM
In my verse I say I get it from the old man.

You know I was a misguided kid when sometimes I'd actually be in New Bark Town, go to a neighbours house, talk to them, pretending I get a drug package, cycle to Goldenrod and deliver it to someone.