View Full Version : NBA AL STAR GAME..

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Starters was announced last thursday and they are:
West Starters:
Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard

East Starers:
Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Dwayne Wade

Reserves are gonna be announced tommorow..

Based on the players listed on the coaches poll who do you think deserves the spots for the east and west?

I'd say...

West Reserves:
James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Tim Duncan, David Lee, Serge Ibaka, Stephen Curry, and Lamarcus Aldridge

Damian Lillard deserves to be on this team but he wasnt on the poll.

East Reserves:
Kyrie Irving, Jrue Holiday, Tyson Chandler(Long overdue), Joakim Noah, Paul Pierce, Brook Lopez, and Paul George

Josh Smith will prolly be the best player to never make an all star team..smh and Varejo was having a breakout yr and prolly wouldve made it if he didnt get that blood clot.. smh

What ya'll think?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

i def typed that other l in all btw lol

TheAnonP
01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Melo - yes
Bron- Yes
Wade - yes
Rondo - with DR out don't see a better point card in the east
KG- although I'm a celtics fan I DNt see why he got voted on

West

All a massive yes but Dwight Howard .. His season is not that good and Kobe is singlehandedly doing everything he can for the lakers to make the playoffs.. No love for Kevin love?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Isnt josh smith in the poll?

FreezyCT
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
i hate the fact the Celtics continue to get baby-ed...'oh they fell short last year and lost ray - so lets throw them two starter spots'

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
OSKAR there was a different issued out for the coaches to pick their reserves from and Josh Smith wasnt on it. Kevin Love got scratched bc he's out til march with an injury otherwise he wouldve been in there for sure. Love's my 2nd fav play atm. def underrated.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

FreezyCT I can see rondo and pierce making it bc they are having good years and bc they east is wayyyy less stacked then the west. plus bynum's out so that opened up the big men spot

Phil Banks
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
I dont see how Joakim Noah isnt starting they really have no big men in the line up cept Garnet and i'd rather Noah if I got wade an lebron

FreezyCT
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
i agree with the bynum thing, but i garuantee you that anderson varejao wasnt on that list and hes playing out of his ass...the Cs are under .500 atm and Rondo is the only one really busting out there

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

on a sidenote, Monta may never see an all star game now..

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
FreezyCT Monta's only a scorer. He has no passing or defense whatsoever.

Phil Banks Joakim didnt start because starters get voted in by fans.. it's a popularity contest n he's not gon win that. plus Kevin got in bc east is way weaker than the west so there's always at least 2-3 hasbeens on the east roster. Cool thing is there's gonna be ALOT of first timers this yr. And even more next yr cuz I doubt garnett, pierce, parker, n duncan will make it again after this one and alot of the reserves from this yr are gonna one and done's..

lillard, holiday, curry, irving, jennings are gonna have ALOT of all star games ahead of em

GRizzEAT
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
lolz OSKAR in here talkin basketball tho:high:

Erupt da Monsta
01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah the allstar voting is a bunch of bullshit... a huge popularity contest Noah is one of the best centers in the league tbh

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 07:52 PM
yeah most def.. when it comes to centers ppl be lookin at stats but what really makes a center great is what they do when they dont have the ball.. closing lanes.. picking up open players.. taking away shots.. none of that shows up on stat sheets but noah does all that

Erupt da Monsta
01-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Hell yeah and noah has mad offensive potential cats sleepin on him, his shot aint horrible, he gonna be a decent shooter and post player give him 3 more years he gonna be the best center in the league imo..

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

maybe even 2 years

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

forgive me, not just centers... i meant best overall players period.

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
naa.. itll still be king james league in 3yrs with durant right behind him. Right now my top 5 centers are
1. noah
2. chandler
3. lopez
4. dwight
5. cousins (he's immature but that dude got game he'll be an all star one day if he doesnt get banned first lol)

with bosh,horford, jordan, and monroe gettin honorable mentions

Erupt da Monsta
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
nah right now its....

Dwight
Horford
Noah
Ibaka(pf/c)
Lopez

IMO

Streetz De Hood
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
maybe last yr.. not this yr.. howard n horford not really having a good yr... i meant to mention ibaka earlier.. he's a great defender

Erupt da Monsta
01-24-2013, 12:48 AM
yeah but you cant just rule them out cus they havin a bad year, dwight comin off an injury.... Horford lost a few key players.... one year doesnt define a player nahmean

Streetz De Hood
01-24-2013, 02:59 AM
everything in the thread is based on 2012-2013 season performance tho.. thats y i said "RIGHT NOW the top 5 is".. gotta read more carefully homie.

TheAnonP
01-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Dwight this year is decent. 16 ppg and 12 rebounds... I mean his scoring has dropped but his rebound game is phenomenal.

To be fair on him tho I do believe that the magic where a better fit for him than the lakers. I mean he now has Mr. Ballhog on the team and he needs the ball in his hands more often in order for him to destroy the opposition.

I mean the numbers speak for themselves, kobe averages 30 points per game and only 4 assists

#passdwighttheball

Streetz De Hood
01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
He shouldve went to boston golden state or the nets... he needs a pass first pg like rondo or curry... i would easily trade an aging kg n injury prone jeff green n a pick for dwight... plus doc rivers is clearly one of the best coaches in the league dwight couldnt bitch bout him.. i knew da lakers thing wouldnt work .. too many egos on that team lol

Erupt da Monsta
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Who in gods green earth would accept that trade? lol KG and Jeff for Dwight? lol not in a million years brah.. Not in a million years

Godbody
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
with DR out you dont see a better PG in the league?

You're buggin. I like D-Rose WAY more than I like Rondo. In fact I'm anti-Boston for every sport and tonight my Knicks got their rematch against the C's

but Rondo is a much better PG than D-Rose. D-Rose was a scoring PG and a lot of PGs in the NBA are scorers now...but Rondo's been dishin the roc like Nash in his prime

Looking at the line ups this looks pretty unfair for the East. Melo & LeBron are good but Durant & CP on the same team is overkill..you add Kobe, Dwight, & Westbrook and thats just plain overkill

by the way the East doesnt have a center because they took the Center role out for all star games. They decided that centers werent needed

Streetz De Hood
01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
again erupt you're not reading carefully. I said "I would" that means streetz would aka me. but to entertain ya claim.. it was a given dwight was gonna opt out his final yr and leave orlando. KG only has like 2-3 yrs left in him but he's still productive and green is good off the bench and a pretty good defender. With KG and Pierce nearing the end of their careers why wouldn't boston want to start rebuilding their roster with a center who's still in his prime? and remind you orlando basically got nothing for dwight. why wouldnt they wanna get players like garnett/green who could not only keep them under the cap, increase their trade value, and keep them competitive?.. you're a stupid kid man.. only thing orlando really got out da 4 team trade was da draft pick they used on kyle o'quinn.. he went to my college so im rooting for him but he's not a player u can build ya franchise around.

TheAnonP
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Pulse, rondo hands down is the best PG when it comes to passing. But imo now the position has developed and you really need your pg to score the ball alot..Especially my Celtics man. You would want to have a point guard like rose now that KG and Pierce are past their prime (although pierce is still solid). D Rose is a better shooter, scorer he is more athletic, he might not be the passer rondo is but still he is a good passer. Imo Rose> Rondo...

Streetz if Dwight came to the Celtics then him and rondo will make a good pair no doubt.

Streetz De Hood
01-24-2013, 07:57 PM
BLAK Moses OSKAR FreezyCT Reserves were just announced an hr ago

Eastern Conference reserves: Chris Bosh (Heat), Tyson Chandler (Knicks), Luol Deng (Bulls), Paul George (Pacers), Jrue Holiday (Sixers), Kyrie Irving (Cavaliers), Joakim Noah (Bulls)

Western Conference reserves: LaMarcus Aldridge (Blazers), Tim Duncan (Spurs), James Harden (Rockets), David Lee (Warriors), Tony Parker (Spurs), Zach Randolph (Grizzlies), Russell Westbrook (Thunder)