PDA

View Full Version : I have a question, any help would be appreciated

IV
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
If you're booked to do a video for a youtube channel or another online entertainment platform, how does it work? If you're asked to write an "exclusive" 64 bars or whatever, do you find a beat online and then buy it? And then you're entitled to use it for whatever?

The one I'm already booked for I'm getting an instrumental made anyway (guitar beat by ViTRiOL :D) but for future reference?

And also, for anybody who's ever done one.. what happens? Do they play the beat and you rap over it and then when they edit the video they put the beat in properly? Or do you do it accapella? Or do you listen to it through headphones so they only hear the vocals then put the beat in later?

I've never done any of this shit before and the people asking me to KNOW this lol, but I figured this was a good place to ask.

FreezyCT
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
i assume youre refering to a cypher or a music video...in which case, do not lip sync - the editor will take out the background noise and insert the actual song...youll be taking a lot of shots doing the same thing, just from different angles

Erupt da Monsta
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
this is the reason letsbeef is so beneficial .... people can throw advice around and help others to reach their goals... its not the battles... its the support that this site should build on.

IV
01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Ok cool thanks Freez I wasn't gonna lip sinc just didn't know how it worked

TheAnonP
01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
yea what freezy said, You will prollie play the song from a mobile phone/speakers w.e so you can say it along so it flows (what you are saying matches the song).

Then the editor will cut and paste different angles of you rapping to the song and he'll mute all video sounds and paste the track over it.

If you open movie maker you'll see that under videos you have space for a track. If you mute the videos and post the track then you'll hear the song playing on the video

FreezyCT
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
not a problem..lol Oscar, it wont be from a phone - and you wont be wearing headphones...just get in front of a mirror and practice a little for confidence - hand gestures, expressions, ect...you want it to look as original as possible

TheAnonP
01-10-2013, 03:52 PM
If we talking about a music video, then you need to play that mp3 file from somewhere right? So you keep on top of your verse (pauses between words etc so you in sync with the actual song)..

And im saying playing it out loud fams not headphones obviously lol

FreezyCT
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
i dont follow

im saying verity wont have to worry about timing, saying what and when, ect..her song will be playing loud enough in the background that she'll be able to go right along with it

Erupt da Monsta
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
This advice is right on time, cus i have a video to make for a cypher competition, yall helped n didnt even know... good shit yall, was wondering how to do this, can you record the video with an Iphone FreezyCT .. then edit it in movie maker... the same way?

TheAnonP
01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
nvm fams...Think I misunderstood the concept of the discussion...

Y'all talking about how to make a video clip on one of your tracks right? :confused:

FreezyCT
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
i havent done the actual editing...but if you get a good amount of footage - i can get someone who will do it for you

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

and with the quality that the iphone has, i wouldnt count it out as a possible option

Erupt da Monsta
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I have someone that actual edits videos that could do that, but i wanted to try to do most of it myself if you feel me, its all good tho, i'll figure somthin out, gotta have it done end of next week type ish

FreezyCT
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
then youre set...im the same way, id rather learn so i can do it in the future - i just havent reached that desire yet...i want to tackle beats before i do anything else