PDA

View Full Version : anyone train MMA?

ChiefChainz
01-09-2013, 01:42 AM
anyone train mma? whats the best fighting thing to learn to beat up everyone else? like 1 on 1 fights only.. not lookin to fight 3 at once.. just want to learn the best fighting for 1 on 1 fights , everyone tellin me jujitsu because most fights go to the ground but also i don't wanna wrestle around or tap anyone out, i wanna knock dude out because chances are, somoene nearby will have a camera out filming it and i need to look good for the camera you guys feel me?

and how hard is it to compete in those local fight cards, (obviously not UFC shit, like amateur shit) , how much training does one person need before being able to fight in a card

and do people make money at all (win or lose) off these small amateur bouts?

SoupErb
01-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Are you asking what is the best fighting technique/style to use while in the cage, or on the street?

I ain't no professional MMA fighter, nor am I a hardcore street fighter... But to be honest, I personally think as long as you can take a beating aswell as give one, then that's all that counts.

But if you taking the MMA shit serious, then yeh I suppose your training regime should involve alot of ground work.

RakishHeir
01-09-2013, 03:38 AM
muay thai is the best stand up discipline to learn

um, street fighting couple cheap moves I've learned are as they come in on you keep your guard up and tight then front/push kick them right in the knee and they should buckle dropping their guard for a split second opening up for a good 1 2.

it's alot of practice to be honest, you learn how to protect yourself from a punch after you've been hit by it one to many times...

it sucks to say the least but practice makes perfect and the more you get your ass kicked the less you'll let people kick your ass. if you've never been beaten up don't expect to be able to take a beating as dude suggested.

never throw a right hook or a left upper cut, as you throw straight punches try to level your shoulder blade with your chin so that you can punch and defend at the same time, always keep your chin tucked down and your arms up, try to "swim" into punches with your arms in order to counter them...

wrestling is where it's at though, I like to counter grapple try to strike them into going for a take down then sprawling on them and pushing them to all four, then from there you can just punch them blindly and move back n forth around them.. Idk muay thai and jitsu are the best to know but those won't stand an honest chance against a good strong wrestler...

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

one good fighter to watch for stand up style is Nick Diaz.. his boxing and stand up is phenomenal

Phoenix
01-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Use your fists.