PDA

View Full Version : Poetic Justice comment thread/prdeiction thread

Mind Fuck
01-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Been perusing several of the matches n this is a different kind of tournament to hit lb ina while that i feel if run properly could be developed and perfected for the future for repeat events.. upps BLACK BOOK

Butt who yinz thinking gunna make it round 2/ take it all???

Just a discussion thread to see what people have to say and possibly/hopefully get some beef going -

DISCUSS!!////////////

-SOLO :high:

ViTRiOL
01-06-2013, 04:40 AM
This English degree gotta come in handy some day.

Mind Fuck
01-06-2013, 05:12 AM
This English degree gotta come in handy some day.

psych major

gunna be really ind fucking you in 2 plus

naw toh -getit

ViTRiOL
01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Sometimes I think you're straight out of Clockwork Orange with that sort of typing bro. :D

Streetz De Hood
01-06-2013, 09:40 AM
It's hard to predict when it's a totally different playing field. battle punchlines and poetry two totally arenas. It's really anyone's game because only a couple of cats showed us their poetry/topical skills prior to this. So I think people are gotta look at these battles with a bias and I expect ALOT of noobs to get robbed.

Black Book
01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Someone finally made one of these. It took forever for me to make the actual Round One thread cuz I'm so into it looking nice & pretty, so I was too lazy to make one of these. Good stuff.

I definitely think that the people who'd bodybag their opponent in a regular battle will lose to their opponent in this tournament. It's a whole different skill set that is required.

ViTRiOL
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Symbolism, juxtaposition, metaphores, similies, alliteration, subterfuge, iambic pentameter breakdowns, pararhyming...

Rap = 40 years

Poetry = Thousands

:D

Black Book
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
True. And just a heads up for those on the lookout. Next round will be: Allegory's.

Get ready for some more lengthy, story telling writing!

Ghambit
01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
damn dats a whole nother level of poetry haha but if i move on,ill be ready for it lol

Mind Fuck
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
damn dats a whole nother level of poetry haha but if i move on,ill be ready for it lol

not so fast..

i got a few cards up my sleeve

:cool:

Jack Swagger
01-06-2013, 12:36 PM
So I'm us really do have poetic souls ;) Shit's going down regardless.

UhMAZING
01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm going Robert Frost on all y'all!! :High:

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Just noticed: I appear Texan when I say "All Y'all" *scratch that* Update: ALL OF YOU.

Mind Fuck
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
BLACK BOOK

any suprise wins in your eyes?

things go how you thought, prediction for next round...

ALL welcome to discuss

Black Book
01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
UhMAZING over MadVerbs surprised me due to MadVerbs' cypher background and how good of a writer he is in there. A lot of people who are not very highly ranked in the actual Text Battle section also came with great pieces which was a surprise. Like J-Swigz won his battle with a great piece and I had never heard of him before.

B U R D E N
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
In the battle w/ Uhmazing the only kind of expo that was given was from AT. What's up w/ that? I don't care about a w or l but at least give some sort of expo when ya'll vote on these.

Black Book
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I know, but at least the votes were placed. I was worried about the votes.

B U R D E N
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, that's true.

UhMAZING
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
I've been telling all you, Don't sleep on me...I might be new on here but I aint new to being an Emcee, weither it be rap or poetry, i'AM A BEAST.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

and speaking of sleeping on and Cyphers, Go rate my damn cyphers...there's only 2 but bout to be droppin' some more soon. Cyphers are my best element, I'm hotter in a cypher than a battle any day. Now, GO RATE!

Mind Fuck
01-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I know, but at least the votes were placed. I was worried about the votes.

i dont think anyone made any kinda suggestion about that . . .

:rolleyes:

Black Book
01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Lol. Nothing I can really do about it. Who is there active enough, knowledgeable enough, and not participating in the tournament?

Mind Fuck
01-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Lol. Nothing I can really do about it. Who is there active enough, knowledgeable enough, and not participating in the tournament?

Jason,Rhetorik,reEFer,Mikey,Erupt...

If you think they will come

Black Book
01-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Jason never replied.
Erupt said yes but changed his mind saying he wasn't active enough.
reEFer is not active enough and neither is Mikey.
And when is the last time you saw RhetoriK on here? Lol.