PDA

View Full Version : Text rap is NOT more complicated then audio... wtf

Phil Banks
12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Is this a common belief among you or some shit? wtf? cause you can't use some forced ass wordplay audio? and 20 syllable bars don't work? Some of ya'll really think this though?

:rolleyes:

FiNAL WoRD
12-22-2012, 04:25 PM
for real you went this far huh? Haha, nahh yo like i said on this site imo Texters>Audio cats when its comes to STRICTLY writing, i mean yeah obviously its harder to go audio with delviery and flow, but i mean as far as writing goes.. I'd rather take a jason over a phil banks on paper Js

Phil Banks
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
the fuck do you mean strictly writing? honestly i don't feel any texter here fucken with me on a writing level... i did text... topicals.....battles.... it doesn't compare... you can't even compare rapping accapella to text.... lol... no son....

Baron Mynd a great example this dude won all over with topicals.... literally every site you can think of....lol.... ask him if he still do em though... once u get on a mic it's just somethin else like a whole other kind of challenge be real

Erupt da Monsta
12-22-2012, 04:41 PM
nah, text is def harder, i made it to the audio finals in 8 battles, ez.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

but it also depends on the person tho to keep it 100, some people just arnt built for audio, like flow/delivery wise .... Some just dont have it in em.. so i see where phils comin from, as far as concepts n ish, finals gotta point.

BLNK
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Really, though. How is text harder?

Erupt da Monsta
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
This is a dead end question tbh , you think, how long did it take UA to get good at text, then how long did it take him to champ in audio.... really think about it. Text is the foundation.... really when you think about it. TEXT wins everytime.. cus you gotta learn how to write, before you can get on the mic.

so yeah, at the end of the day its text. arguments pretty much over.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

if you cant write, then your audio is gonna be shit...

text is to audio what woman is to baby

Ticket
12-22-2012, 04:46 PM
lmfaooo erupt what a fuckin joke... these faggots act like audio rappers should aspire to be text or some shit ya'll write text cuz YOU CAN"T RAP lol.. ez

FiNAL WoRD
12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Thats the point im gettin at ^, i agree in general audio is harder.. But writing text is way harder for me.. like i told phil i can write an audio verse in probably 10 minutes, and that shit can be 16 bars or more, it takes me waay longer to write a text 16

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Lol Ticket , dude the best troll in lb history for real

Ticket
12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
u hear these text guys get on a beat tho the shit is unbearable its like ridiculous and dudes be actin like text>audio... go buy a text album and read that shit smh

Erupt da Monsta
12-22-2012, 04:50 PM
lol you sound stupid as fuck ticket.. haha stop trolling son.. and i cant rap?? haha gooood one. haha right,

end of the day

text is to audio what woman is to baby.

ez.

BLNK
12-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Nah, Ticket has a point. Writing text really hinders your ability to ride a beat, because you grow so accustomed to writing verses accapella to your own time signatures.

Phil Banks
12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
lol... text isnt rly the foundation....how many of you doin songs with 5 syllable schemes? writing is only one aspect of rapping though....... you can write but you can't deliver it powerfully..... analogy fail

BLNK
12-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I use 4-5 syllable schemes in some tracks.

Jack Swagger
12-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Who gives a fuck? Lol. Text if you want to text, then spit later when you feel you're ready. Personally, when writing, text is harder. But when it comes to the flow of the written piece, and how it's delivered, def audio. Both have categories in which they're harder in.

Erupt da Monsta
12-22-2012, 05:20 PM
HNah.. Not an analogy fail.. Cus you gotta write before u can deliver it.. Unless u freein..Also lyrics are what seperates dope artists from mediocre ones.. U look at 2chainz.. He has delivery but no substance.. You cant even put him in the sme class as say Andre 3000. Who is a dope writer with delivery.

RakishHeir
12-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I stopped reading at "You have to learn to write before you can do audio"

point proven case closed, audio is more difficult. right?... I mean, on the road to becoming an audio superstar, you must first accomplish the road to writing? Well after road 1 is conquered it kind of loses it's spot in the running of more difficult or not.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Funny how I can honestly win either side of this argument. With that being said, neither is more difficult -_- lol

BLNK
12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Los Briggs, you don't matter. Step aside.

METH_BARZ
12-23-2012, 01:45 AM
what? this is really retarded how is text harder then audio? to be successful in audio theres alot more aspects then just being able to write I mean for one you gotta learn how to mix and how to ride a beat I mean if your talkin about just audio battles where on this site you just hit record and spit without mixing then yes it can be easier but if were talkin about tracks it's more complicated then hitting record and throwing your vocals over a beat just saying

Phe
12-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Breakdown the 2 and give this topic a rest...
Text(Structure, wording, multies, etc..,)
Audio(Flow, delivery, presence, etc...)

Streetz De Hood
12-23-2012, 04:32 AM
text is only "hard" bc everybody wanna be all extra with it instead of just keyin it out

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

LB's audio heads dont get enough credit or attention yo. kinda like the unsung heroes of this shit. i gotta give props to phil that nigga always down to battle somebody

Student
12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
#SVOXO

Fredo Lombardi
12-23-2012, 11:11 PM
yeah in some way text is harder then audio because in audio all you have to do is jot up a verse get on your mic and go in on a nigga with text you have to follow a certain pattern your multies have to be capped, everything spelled right or it throws the whole thing off, all your bars have to end with a / or some people will vote against you smh im sure there are lots more rules you text guys abide by but those are just the ones i seen my brief time in the text scene

Edit: Fill in the box heard that so many times in text

Baron Mynd
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I've been gone over Christmas/New Year, only just saw I got mentioned in here but really, how are people in here saying text is harder than 'audio'?

I actually dislike calling it 'audio', it's such a textcee term IMHO, but for the purpose of this thread I'm willing to use it so everyone knows what we're talking about.

LOL @ dude who said it takes him wayyyy longer than ten minutes to come up with a text sixteen though.

Step your keyboard game up, son haha!

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Nah, Ticket has a point. Writing text really hinders your ability to ride a beat, because you grow so accustomed to writing verses accapella to your own time signatures.

This is right unless you write your verses to an instrumental, as someone like J. Keeps, IGLOS etc would do.

Shezso Eu
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I've been gone over Christmas/New Year, only just saw I got mentioned in here but really, how are people in here saying text is harder than 'audio'?

I actually dislike calling it 'audio', it's such a textcee term IMHO, but for the purpose of this thread I'm willing to use it so everyone knows what we're talking about.

LOL @ dude who said it takes him wayyyy longer than ten minutes to come up with a text sixteen though.

Step your keyboard game up, son haha!

true statement man. and i also feel that acapella is harder than rapping on a beat.. when acapella, EVERY word counts, any fuck up is heard. whereas hoping on a beat, depending on the beat it gives you more fuel on this diss, more impact. where as you can say a ton of filler that leads up to a punch and will keep the track going dope. acapella, no. you have to produce line for line, while controlling ya breathing.

i hate the word ''audio'' too.. i never heard of it til i started text battling.

METH_BARZ
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
yea i've been trying to say that lol

J u s T C
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Breakdown the 2 and give this topic a rest...
Text(Structure, wording, multies, etc..,)
Audio(Flow, delivery, presence, etc...)

no

Erupt da Monsta
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah after sittin here trying to master the art of mixing songs n shit the last month, not to mention im trying to learn how to make beats n shit, audio is deff harder... plus to top it off you gotta write the shit along with all the other shit haha 100

METH_BARZ
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
^ this

FreezyCT
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
night and day imo because they each have their own hardships...personally, writing came easier than rapping...for me, it was easier to grasp, and its easier to teach...try explaining the concept of 'flow' to a first time rapper...now try explaining the concept of writing/counting bars

Rounin
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
The thing about audio is that a flow and delivery can change what your audience thinks about you. You can play on the audience's emotions through the inflections in your voice. In this aspect you don't really have to worry about complete total hard hitting lines if you have good speaking skills. For example (and ironically), your battle with Verity (Phil Banks) you had some dope lines especially that dope name play opener, BUT what really sold me was your delivery. You had a good battle presence that just was raw. Verity had some dope lines in there too no doubt cuz she's a good writer BUT (no offense) I really wasn't diggin that British/English accent. Te same thing with JamJar who is also good with text BUT in audio battles it sounds out of place. In the end the whole point of a text battle is to sort of exaggerate our skills with wordplay, concepts, and punches. Think about this. More than half of his are no doubt better than every single member of Young Money but look who's famous cuz they have the right connections and know how to appeal To audiences . Some of the shit wee come up with is doper than any shit other mainstream rappers could dream. But the point is flow and delivery plays a bigger part in audio which means you can downplay the essentials of text.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Shit I wrote alot. My bad. You don't have to read that all. Just Ike the first half.

TheAnonP
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Audio - Text = Beat :high:

Baron Mynd
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
LOL

CantFayzMe actually dropped a whole heap of knowledge, then it just made the post before this one look stupid

You can have a dope line in text, but with zero delivery, it will fall flat

At the same time you can take an average line in text, but deliver it well, and make it a dope line

That's one difference

There is no way audio - text = beat though

ROFLZZZ

TheAnonP
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Yea I was being funny.. Duh