PDA

View Full Version : Poker face in live battles, opinions?

IV
12-18-2012, 07:07 PM
This is something I struggle with. What are your opinions on it?

If 2 people are battling, and one person is saying some dope bars and their opponent claps or gives props in whatever way.. do you think this shows a sign of weakness?

I can't help but laugh at my opponents jokes and screwface their sick bars, and on Saturday I reaction to Jays bar that NOBODY ELSE IN THE ROOM did lmao.

Most of the battles I watch you can see the opponent trying to keep their 'poker face' and shit. Especially girls, Dekay vs Uno Lavoz, Sordid always looks serious, Phizzle looks gormless and Young Gattas stay clowning her opponents during THEIR rounds.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
There's nothing wrong with reacting to your opponents bars ... As long as you don't overreact .. I think the important thing is whatever way you choose react it doesn't come across as fake

IV
12-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah definitely, Shotty Horroh overreacts imo.

I'll laugh if it's funny, and apparently I have a 'what the fuck' facial expression if it's whack, that I don't even mean to do.

Some people straight up REFUSE to show any signs of reaction no matter how sick it is though

J u s T C
12-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Reacting isn't a sign of weakness if it's a positive reaction, whether laughing or nodding to acknowledge a well played bar. Just take a look at Pat Stay Vs Head Ice. It's a mutual respect for your opponent and what he brings to the table. it's all good as long as you're not going overboard or reacting ala Price Vs Caustic in the 3rd.

And yeah Shotty does over react. especially when he laughs, comes across as forced to me, especially when he battled Arsonal.

Letum
12-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Whens your overreaction drop ma?

EDIT: react how ever you wanna, long as it don't get you outta battle mode.

IV
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
LOOL umm I dunno next week maybe.

Just C yeah he was reacting way too much in his battle with Unanymous

Phil Banks
12-19-2012, 12:44 AM
yeah i dont mind clappin or props.... but i hate when ppl get mad an talk thru the opponent verse... shits lame