PDA

View Full Version : Keystyling verses

Streetz De Hood
12-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I know the things we value in a verse is wordplay, complexity, personals etc. But how many of ya'll actually can sit down and keystyle a verse that has all in it without having to edit it a million times or take 30mins-1hr or even days before u send it someone? I prefer to keystyle my verses what I drop is what I drop.. I go back n cap n add all da pretty punctuation but besides that I feel like I'm cheating when i do it bit by bit or take more than the first try..so just outta curiosity how many of yall honestly can say u keystyle versus playing editor all day?

GRizzEAT
12-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Lolz... ukno how i operate. Ive literally KEYSTYLED 32's, like Get high, sit down... hour or so later. Poof. Other than Readability ma shiii usually be Spot on. But wen i see open 8's n shiii n im in full sniper mode... maybe 10 mins in-out.

Streetz De Hood
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
haha I fucks with it... but lets be real you know most of these niggas be in front of da computer for hours tryna drop that next big thing lol I think it's funny that ppl actually do that. I don't even have enough free time to do that even if I wanted to.

Dono
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Depends on the battle. If I'm writing for someone I take longer and try more.

If I just wanna drop some random shit or it's against no one I just let whatever come out and be shitty.

Black Book
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I can keystyle the shit out of topicals. Pretty much every topical I write is keystyled. The one I got dropping soon is only half keystyled so look out! Lol.

Streetz De Hood
12-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I can keystyle the shit out of topicals. Pretty much every topical I write is keystyled. The one I got dropping soon is only half keystyled so look out! Lol.

lol I think it's impossible not to key topicals. The flow and passion would be the same if u leave it and pick it back up later.

Black Book
12-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Oh, it is way better not to keystyle a topical. The storyline is way better. Do author's just freestyle a story? No. They think about it. The imagery & poetic techniques you can develop if you take your time are so much better. Also the overall depth is better. You can add multiple meanings.. Symbolism.. All sorts of stuff. It is very possible to not keystyle topicals.