PDA

View Full Version : GrindTimeNow Ozone Invasion Re-cap:

Skitt_Blazin
10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Whats good everyone. I had the pleasure of battling at and attending The Ozone Invasion while paying attention to mostly every battle, so I thought I'd provide yall with a recap of the event, without spoiling any of the battles. Let's get it crackin with Day 1:

Getcha vs Heartless: **CLASSIC ALERT** This was the main event of the night and did not dissapoint. They both brought amazing bars and schemes, but one MC spit his bars with a little more aggressiveness and conviction and I think it will show on cam. You guys all know about Hearts, but Getcha's name is def on the map after this one. This kid has a really bright future in rap in general.

Money Bagz vs Tru Logik : Can't lie, im a huge fan of Money Bagz. Probably in my top 5 so to see him live for the first time was extra dope. They say this was a 'mirror match' and up until this battle, I would attest to that. But one of these MC's energy level and presence was that much bigger imo. good battle, and if not for a blip in one of their rds it would be a clear win.

Isaac Knox vs Godzilla : I would say this battle was literally JUST short of a classic. Very very good battle and pretty evenly matched. Minor blips on both sides. Slept on bars from both sides, a lot of intricate schemes. One of these MC's had some very original stuff and as an MC who watches a lot of battles, that is appreciated.

Heir Jordan vs (MAGZ) : **CLASSIC ALERT** Was told by Isaac, Heartless, and mainly Mad Illz that it was the battle of the evening. but is all I'll say is it was dope af from start to end and heir had the dopest rebuttle I've ever witnessed.

Syd Viscious vs James Roig: This battle was heated, and theres a nice backstory to it. One of these MC's brought it pretty much all the way through and I think he thought he wrapped things up until his opponents final 3rd round in which he spazzed out. Made things closer for me, but still a win for one of them

Craig Lamar vs Baesik : Really entertaining battle from both sides. These dudes are both pure entertainment, and have so much character and charisma. Both of their 1st rds were amazing. One of these MC's died down toward the end and the other got the win.

Circa vs Voss : ... One of these MC's completely spazzed out and dominated/overpowered this battle. He had a top 3 performance and maybe the biggest reaction of the night. This guy needs a bigger name.

Alex Minor vs C.M. Reign - Fairly large margin as far as actual rapping
skills is concerned in this battle and it showed. pretty 1 sided, but I think the loser of this battle will bounce back.

A.R vs Syntax - Stepped out for this one, and I wish I didn't. Heard one of these dudes did their thing as expected, and as I expected.

DAY 2:

Getcha vs Spyder Murphy:
Pretty good battle. One of these MC's cut their rd off and the other one's energy could have been a little better, but it was even imo. Both could have done better, and I think they know that.

Tru Logik vs Mark the Manager:
One of these MC's got bodied.

Fed Ranga vs (magz) :
Good battle. Fed came w bars, and it's going to make for good footage. He was hype, I was hype. but one got overpowered and got edged according to the masses.

Circa vs Majik : cool battle. One of these MC's edged it 2-1. pretty good bars on both sides. Both have things to work on.

Kaymo vs Acidic : One of these dudes was on his bully shit, and though their bars were both even, I thought the more aggressive MC took it based on that factor.

Buffalo Joe vs KidCal : Both need to go back to the drawing board, but one of them was a little less worse than the other. Buffalo Joe, u know u my dog just keepin it real. no hate.

Era vs Skitt Blazin : Sleeper Battle for real! Skitt has one of the cleanest deliveries in GT period. One of these newcomers really came w bars, and turned some heads. We should be hearing from both these 2 dudes in the future, Watch out for these 2.

Be on the lookout for these battles to be dropping soon!
Visit GrindTimeNow.net or also view battle on the youtube pages:
1.GTNsilver
2.Drect
3. Letsbeef.com

Phil Banks
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
good shit skitt lol @ u talkin bout yourself in third person though hahah def wanna see when its out

Skitt_Blazin
11-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Lol def seems that way, nah this was actually a review given by a Fellow grindtimenow Member MAGZ and i just copied it and pasted in our forums to keep our letsbeef community up to date on what happen, def a great event and alot of fire battles coming soon.

Phil Banks
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM
o ight lol..... had me fucked up for a sec.... yeah man we waiting on the battle... yo do you want your yellow username for live battling or you wanna keep the blue?