PDA

View Full Version : I just thought. it's finally become clear

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Now this isn't 1 of those. Now I think this so THIS is how it is type threads.

But I don't think. (And I'm sure others have said this, forget names) the track section shouldn't have a hall of fame. Because it isn't competitive.

Text & Audio you compete and win titles. That's the standard. That's the indicator.

Tracks is nothing but personal preference and at worst, dick riding politics.

Sure you have those in text and audio nominations to a degree. But ultimately. Winning > everything else, when choosing.

Sure you can say Hollywood has a Walk Of Fame for actors but acting isn't really competitive. Or that musicians in the real world get inducted into such things.

But what do they have which we don't?

The Oscars. MTV awards. The Brits. Emmys (Emmy an Oscar?) but yeah. They have yearly indicators to who is the most talented and most deserving.

So an so won so many oscars. Gets inducted.

All we have ultimately is preference and politics. So my point being.

Tracks don't deserve Hall of Fame section?

Revan
10-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Tracks do deserve a HOF placement.

If someone goes from battling on LB to creating a great music catalogue they deserve the chance to be honoured for it.

You feel like you fucked up nominating Felon, we get it lol.

Murderous Swag
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
^What that guy said lol

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM
I appreciate that this subject might be getting a bit old to some.

Murderous Swag
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
In all honesty........This might seem a bit harsh but even even look at that HOF title on felon is discomforting and really a buzz killer.His music is low tier sure hes been in multiple beefs dropped tracks..........But his music lacks substance in general.Anyone can drop trash on a consistent basis but yet he was awarded for it?corb its all your fault asshole lol

Student
10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I Never Thought I'd Co-Sign Swag....

Phroxen
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
In general, this site is overly trigger happy with Hall of Fame nominations and inductees.

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
You feel like you fucked up nominating Felon, we get it lol.

Lol pretty much.

It was that moment of madness and the hindsight of how grey the qualifications to be inducted are compared to battling which is a lot more cut and dry. But then again maybe I just picked the wrong criteria when deciding. In fact I did.

I guess I do feel it's deserving of HOF. But the grey areas do pose some questions. at least for me.

Revan
10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Lol pretty much.

It was that moment of madness and the hindsight of how grey the qualifications to be inducted are compared to battling which is a lot more cut and dry. But then again maybe I just picked the wrong criteria when deciding. In fact I did.

I guess I do feel it's deserving of HOF. But the grey areas do pose some questions. at least for me.

Definately an area to be worked on.

We can continue tweeking the logistics of it until we hit that sweet spot.

Murderous Swag
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
I say we all kill corb for creating a monster tbh

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

My tracks>felons tracks so wheres my hof title?

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
In general, this site is overly trigger happy with Hall of Fame nominations and inductees.

This. I agree. And that goes right across the board. Not with inductees. (though I disagree with a few RULEs doing a good job) but with nominations. But Tracks is always going to suffer from this more because the ability to achieve and bolster your CV makes it a lot more likely people will be nominated on their merits.

Where as tracks is all down to personal preference and shady favouritism because there aren't any achievements to separate the wheat from the chaff.

And lol Swag. I take full responsibility for that abomination.

Revan
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I say we all kill corb for creating a monster tbh

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

My tracks>felons tracks so wheres my hof title?

lol he had a good point tho, he and others might disagree with hindsight but the intial idea wasnt a bad one.

FreezyCT
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
i definitely think there should be a HOF, but we need a better system - like whats been said...music in general comes down to personal preference, but in a way - so do text verses...but somehow weve managed to make a distinct difference between those two aspects

why cant it come down to specifics, like with text verses...you have punches, structure, setups, multis, a bunch of different ways to decide whos better...i say incorporate the same system...quality, flow, sticking to the theme of the song - things we can pick out, and use to compare/contrast...it doesnt take a genius to know if someones on beat or not

the first thing that needs to go is the rating system...fuck you and your 10s

Jack Swagger
10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
On tracks, people need to be waaaay more analytical. All things should be considered. Sound quality, mixing, overall production, lyrical content, imagery, emotion, energy, flow, meaning, how well the emcee go their message across, so on and so forth. Once someone has mastered all these aspects, they shouldn't even be considered HOF worthy. Tbh HOF in general should be held at the HIGHEST merit, and not just something that's thrown around.
Phroxen hit it with the simplest explanation tbh.

Fiji Osa
10-23-2012, 02:55 PM
^^ Agree but is it being considered stripping Felon of his HOF? You can't do that just tighten the guidelines ..

Revan
10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Stripping anyone of a HOF title would be a last resort kinda thing.

Im hoping the need will not arise, unless cheating is revealed etc etc.

FreezyCT
10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
he cheated me out of seconds of my life that ill never get back..

Phil Banks
10-23-2012, 03:01 PM
tbh site been real dead lately i think this the least of our problems

Fredo Lombardi
10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Only if the track was actually hot but I'm guilty of giving 7 ratings to songs that deserve 4's but i'm just a nice guy.

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
tbh site been real dead lately i think this the least of our problems

Then do something.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
There are a million better track makers than felon on this site

It makes me cringe to see him with that title .... Puts out the wrong message

FreezyCT
10-23-2012, 04:00 PM
for the record - Interp complained about me giving him a 7, and got it removed..called it a hate rate

Phil Banks
10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Just C .... out of my hands tourney's are running across the site 3 tbe.... i tried to initate a lil site battle but didnt work out.... aside from spamming other sites not much i can do son

Murderous Swag
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
lmfao a 7 should not have been removed.......thats just fucking retarded

J u s T C
10-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Just C .... out of my hands tourney's are running across the site 3 tbe.... i tried to initate a lil site battle but didnt work out.... aside from spamming other sites not much i can do son

Fair enough. There are things you can do. Just track focused. There are enough people who do tracks and don't do text or audio battles for them not to conflict. Just a suggestion. I'm not necessarily saying it will be easy or a complete success (are they ever?) but at least no 1 can say you didn't try. That's all we can ask for. Know what I mean?

I get the sites in a bit of a lull and it's hardly motivation for anyone. Mods included. But you're not allowed to let that effect you. That if this is even the case. I don't know. Just throwing it out there. Having the Head Audio Mod ghost and do fuck all when he is here is ridiculous. No hate Rule I know that's ya boy and all but he's slacking big time. And I'm not saying that for shock or controversy or to rile anybody (he has a life) cool. All the best to him. But at the same time again even when he was here he didn't really do anything. So don't be a mod. That goes for some others to.

Danger Rich ect. Like really? How many people has this site modded only for them to ghost right after? It's crazy. It's shit like that which contributes to these down times.

Don't get me wrong I'm not naive. I know there are other reasons which fall on the members. But shit like this hardly helps the cause.

BTW. Have you heard anything on the un ranked arena being converted for Topicals yet?

Because tbh I need to start pulling my finger out my self and get this topical section (back?) on it's feet.

Interp
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
for the record - Interp complained about me giving him a 7, and got it removed..called it a hate rate

Fuck, your on the nuts eh...

An i got your vote removed off of principle...u sneery bitch

*note.the 5 from sum random kat on one of my tracks... I cud give a fuk less about a rate as long as the reasoning behind the rate isnt hate filled obsession...

Think about it...YOU always seek out my projects to judge and my comments to quote...

I could generally give two shits about you kiddo.. Aside from a track like 4 months ago And that rip off bs u posted the other day... I dont acknowledge your existance...

Why the fuck do you care what i do so much

Your fuckin pathetic bud and all you do is suckle at dick for attention..

Hop the fuck off the nuts

#ObsessionSwag

SH1T L0RD
10-23-2012, 10:10 PM
should tracks posted to lb alone be counted? i try to keep my music in one place. just c i remember you saying i should be demerited, opinions?

Revan
10-24-2012, 03:06 AM
should tracks posted to lb alone be counted? i try to keep my music in one place. just c i remember you saying i should be demerited, opinions?

Track HOF is for track achievement on letsbeef.

If you never post any tracks on here you can hardly be considered for it.

Some people try to distance themselves from LB when it comes to tracks for some reason but that distancing goes both ways ya feel me?

Holla!

SH1T L0RD
10-24-2012, 09:36 AM
i can give you a lot of reasons

a major one being letsbeef only lets you post single tracks, my project alphawhale pretty much only works as an album

another one being, it's hard to keep track of something thats all over the internet

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

oh and the lb mp3 uploader/player does some serious compression on the tracks. takes away about 3 volume levels from what im hearing on my itunes let alone in my actual mix

Revan
10-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Im not disputing the drawbacks, but to be considered for LB HOF, you need to have shit on LB lol.

SH1T L0RD
10-24-2012, 09:45 AM
meh, i don't get it... i rep lb, been around forever, post my music here either exclusively or link to it... it seems silly for you to ask me to literally post my music TO the website, given obvious drawbacks, or i won't be recognized for it

J u s T C
10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Because we have a dedicated track section. The fucks the point if you don't use it?

We're the only site of it's kind who offers this integrated service. It wont kill you to use it but it kills us if you don't.

Thats like Expecting to be ranked for forum text battling rather than using the battle system.

You can do as you please. Just don't complain if you don't get recognised for using the wrong channels.

IV
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
That would be liked putting Conceited in the HOF, yeah he's a member of LB and he's sick but his tracks and battles don't take place on LB so how would that be fair?

SH1T L0RD
10-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Because we have a dedicated track section. The fucks the point if you don't use it?

We're the only site of it's kind who offers this integrated service. It wont kill you to use it but it kills us if you don't.

Thats like Expecting to be ranked for forum text battling rather than using the battle system.

You can do as you please. Just don't complain if you don't get recognised for using the wrong channels.

strongly put just c, you've changed my opinion. i am not entitled to recognition