PDA

View Full Version : America or Canada?

Mayneak
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Not a "or" game. Interested to know where is the best place to move too?...

Im siding with Canada thus far but wan't a few more opinions...

House price's (Renting most likely)
Weather
Pro's & Con's
Shit to do basically lol...

I'ts either Vegas & Bahamas for a holiday (Vacation for you faggots) or move away...& I fucking hate this country right now lol :high:

Phil Banks
10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
healthcare a big issue and it's free in canada so....

IV
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Canada is more expensive but cleaner and there's 'free' healthcare (by free it's the same as the NHS, not fucking free but included lol)

Canada has hot summers and freezing winters, but so does America depending on where you go, it's a big country loool.

America a lot cheaper for houses AND general shit, honestly it's so cheap when I go there I buy shit just because it's so fucking cheap compared to here lmao.

Where in America were you thinking of going?

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Oh and Bahamas is fucking dope. It's so hot and the people are lovely. It's quite expensive when you go there if you're buying food and drinks or whatever but the Islands are duty free so actual perfume, jewellery and shit is cheap. We go there every year

Anonymous Poet
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
what's wrong wit ireland and u wanna move so far away?

btw...go to greece...the land of opportunities nowadays (lol jk)

Mayneak
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Canada is more expensive but cleaner and there's 'free' healthcare (by free it's the same as the NHS, not fucking free but included lol)

Canada has hot summers and freezing winters, but so does America depending on where you go, it's a big country loool.

America a lot cheaper for houses AND general shit, honestly it's so cheap when I go there I buy shit just because it's so fucking cheap compared to here lmao.

Where in America were you thinking of going?

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Oh and Bahamas is fucking dope. It's so hot and the people are lovely. It's quite expensive when you go there if you're buying food and drinks or whatever but the Islands are duty free so actual perfume, jewellery and shit is cheap. We go there every year

My health deteriorates alot so that might be a good thing to have on my side lol...Main places i had in mind was California, Miami or Ontario, Toronto...

I thought Canada would have been much cheaper than america tbh...Places like New York is expensive?...I mainly wanna go to the Bahamas to swim with sharks but the overall holiday would be dope...Props on the mod spot btw :high:

what's wrong wit ireland and u wanna move so far away?

btw...go to greece...the land of opportunities nowadays (lol jk)

What the fuck is right with Ireland? lmao...Its getting harder and harder to live in this country...Lack of jobs, expenses constantly rising, benefits getting cut, e.t.c...I know its a recession but shit is ridiculous...lol @ land of opportunities, moneys fucked up over there huh? :high:

Anonymous Poet
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
shit's really fucked up. Well I moved to england now...but still...shit's much worse than Ireland over there

IV
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah go to Grand Bahama Island, place called Freeport, they do all the swimming with sharks and stuff for reasonable prices and it's AMAZING. I think the company that does it out there is called Unexo, look it up, it's dope.

Well California and Miami are both going to be HOT compared to Toronto and Ontario lol. Trust me though America is a lot cheaper because they don't earn as much as Canada and the exchange rate isn't as strong. Canada is a lovely country still, they're both still cheaper than England and probably Ireland too!

Lizman
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm Following You To Canada Pretty Soon
How You Like That For Decision Pressure

Teek
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
What the fuck is right with Ireland? lmao...Its getting harder and harder to live in this country...Lack of jobs, expenses constantly rising, benefits getting cut, e.t.c...I know its a recession but shit is ridiculous...lol @ land of opportunities, moneys fucked up over there huh? :high:

It's the same shit in the US.

Shit may be "Cheaper" here, but most of the regular people make less money, so in relative terms it's expensive to us.

Florida would probably be your best bet, though it does get hot as fuck there, it's cheaper than Cali and if you like the Bahamas, it's a lot closer to get there more often.

I suppose it all depends what you plan on for jobs and what place is most accessable to that field.

Black Book
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Don't move to Miami unless you know Spanish lol. Miami Beach is full of freaks too. Georgia is the place to be. Great weather, plenty of jobs in Atlanta, & you can't get decent homes to rent around the city.

NOBLE
10-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Not a "or" game. Interested to know where is the best place to move too?...

Im siding with Canada thus far but wan't a few more opinions...

House price's (Renting most likely)
Weather
Pro's & Con's
Shit to do basically lol...

I'ts either Vegas & Bahamas for a holiday (Vacation for you faggots) or move away...& I fucking hate this country right now lol :high:

What do you do professionally? Most professional jobs make more money in the U.S. The cost of living is also generally more inexpensive in the States. However, the economy of Canada is a lot stronger right now. You would find a job quicker here. 90% of Canadians live within 200 miles of the U.S. border which means the weather in most Canadian major cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary...is not that different from northern American cities like Chicago, Detroit, and New York.
The government in Canada is a lot more liberal than in the States, which means taxes are higher, but there's also A LOT more benefits for the people than if you lived in the States. The free Healthcare is just the tip of the iceberg. For example, every employer here is required to provide "Vacation Pay" to cover a mandatory 2 weeks paid vacation each year for each employee. That might be nothing compared to certain European countries that enjoy 1 month vacation (so I've heard) but in the States, there is no such requirements for employers and most people never enjoy a paid vacation unless they have a really good job and its part of their employer's bonus/incentive. If you're planning on going to school, Canada's the way to go. School's a lot more affordable and easier to finance here.
There's also a lot less crime here. When I moved here in 2008, the murder rate for Canada as a whole (a country of about 30 million people) was 611 murders. In Chicago alone (a city of about 8 million people) the murder rate for that year was 513 murders.
The U.S. as a whole is a lot more diverse, but Canadians in general are a lot more cosmopolitan, open-minded and tolerant in my opinion.

TalkSick
10-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Canada by far.

The only thing that's drastically more expensive here is gas. Our lost of living isn't near as bad as ppl may think.

You basically get slaps on the wrist for criminal charges.

The list goes on and on and on seriosuly.

IV
10-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Lol yeah, when I say Canada is more expensive, I mean more expensive than American, still way way way cheaper than the UK and Ireland.

NOBLE
10-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Canada by far.

The only thing that's drastically more expensive here is gas. Our lost of living isn't near as bad as ppl may think.

You basically get slaps on the wrist for criminal charges.

The list goes on and on and on seriosuly.

Nah bro. Almost everything you buy in the stores are more expensive here. Ontario's sales tax alone is damn near 15%. When I lived in Illinois, shit was 8 or 9% and the highest in the nation was California which was like 12%.

IV
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Ours was 20%, now it's 17.5% loool

TalkSick
10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Nah bro. Almost everything you buy in the stores are more expensive here. Ontario's sales tax alone is damn near 15%. When I lived in Illinois, shit was 8 or 9% and the highest in the nation was California which was like 12%.

I suppose your right. Maybe it just seems like thar cause we are so used to it. The only thing that I complain about on a weekly basis is gas and smokes.

I feel majority of things here are honestly a fair price.

Think about all the perks our country has over America. Its phenomenal when you compare the stats side by side. I'm not sure what minimum wage is in the states but I do know its much lower than ours.

Canada....eh!

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

They get paid less which means their cost of living is lower, we get paid more which means our cost of living is higher..........In a way they both balance out.

FiNAL WoRD
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
what this man is saying ^ , plus King of the dot, Downtown tdots the shit.. free health cares cool but it has its downfalls, Plus then i wouldn't have to chat with your girl on Yeeoiresleezy.com...