PDA

View Full Version : Topical Hall of Fame........

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok, so there is a reason the topical side is in need of a life raft, I believe one of the reasons is there is no place to put the best of the best topical heads, which there arnt many, If there were to be a topical hall of fame then that would give writers far more incentive to drop topicals, compete in competitions.... and tbh topicals take alot more thought than text battles.... I believe topicals should be held higher than text tbh... after the new system we put together this could take off........ This would help the topical section x2 and I see no reason for there not to be a topical hall of fame being every other category has a hall of fame.......

Thoughts?

Teek Just C

J u s T C
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah I always thought Topicals deserve a hall of fame section.

Everything else is covered so why not?

Also think all Hall Of Fame Titles should have "Text Hall of Fame" ect to distinguish. But that's on w.e.

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah I dunno why this hasnt been covered yet, would boost activity for sure just by having it around.

As far as putting text,topical,audio infront of it i dont really think thats needed... but either way it would be okay.

Revan
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to a topical HOF but dont thing there is anyone HOF worthy (YET!) on the site.

I think a few people have the potential to be at some point.

Jack Swagger
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Well there's a hall of fame for everything else. I think it would only be right to have a Topical HoF. Let's be honest, anyone can drop a battle verse, text or audio, and have it be decent. But not everyone is able to drop a Topical. I personally believe there is more skilled involved when it comes to story telling, imagery and poetic techniques.

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I wouldnt be opposed to a topical HOF but dont thing there is anyone HOF worthy (YET!) on the site.

I think a few people have the potential to be at some point.

Word, so are we waiting for someone thats worthy to implement this, I dont see why there shouldnt be a section, even tho there arnt any cats that are worthy yet..... It should still be there, to give cats somthing to strive towards, even if its empty.....

FreezyCT
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
if the sample pool is as small as it is, how can you really consider any of them HOF...topicals have been around here for 2 years max...thats like making a "best of.." mixtape when you have 20 songs done..

IV
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Okay so, Erupt I know you like the truth so I'll keep this 100.

I don't believe that there should be a Topical Hall Of Fame in the near future, my reasons being;

1. The activity is way too low. There's probably about 10 people who would take Topical battling seriously on Letsbeef which is just a fraction of the people who battle in audio and text, I don't think being in the Topical Hall Of Fame would be that much of an achievement (yet).

2. Your reason for wanting a Topical HOF is to encourage people to take part in that part of the site, and although I 100% agree that more people need to go there and you NEED to come up with ideas and campaigns to make it more appealing, I don't think a HOF is the right thing to make it more appealing, I think a HOF should only apply to an area that's already booming with activity. It's difficult to explain in the forums.

Basically, I think a HOF should be put in place once the Topical side has much much much improved activity levels, and I see what you're trying to do, but I think you want to do it for the wrong reasons. I don't think the idea of introducing of Hall Of Fame should be seriously considered until there's enough activity to make it realistic.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick by the way.

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
youre missing the point, we are in the process of revamping the topical section, by adding a topical hall of fame this in turn would increase topical activity, by giving cats somthing to work towards, you dont have to consider anyone hall of fame that isnt worthy, youd have to put in the amount of work just like every other section, it should be added..... even if its a year from now until a person is added.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Okay so, Erupt I know you like the truth so I'll keep this 100.

I don't believe that there should be a Topical Hall Of Fame in the near future, my reasons being;

1. The activity is way too low. There's probably about 10 people who would take Topical battling seriously on Letsbeef which is just a fraction of the people who battle in audio and text, I don't think being in the Topical Hall Of Fame would be that much of an achievement (yet).

2. Your reason for wanting a Topical HOF is to encourage people to take part in that part of the site, and although I 100% agree that more people need to go there and you NEED to come up with ideas and campaigns to make it more appealing, I don't think a HOF is the right thing to make it more appealing, I think a HOF should only apply to an area that's already booming with activity. It's difficult to explain in the forums.

Basically, I think a HOF should be put in place once the Topical side has much much much improved activity levels, and I see what you're trying to do, but I think you want to do it for the wrong reasons. I don't think the idea of introducing of Hall Of Fame should be seriously considered until there's enough activity to make it realistic.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick by the way.

nah, i get where youre coming from, makes sense actually, I still think it would improve activity tho

FreezyCT
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
i wouldnt say never though...topicals are just like any other aspect of rap/hiphop - so it definitely does deserve one at some point

im just trying to help avoid the Track HOF disaster

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah I get what youre saying freezy, and i agree, i wouldnt put anyone in there anytime soon, but giving someone somthing to work towards is different. Just because its there, doesnt mean anyone has to be in it. I feel it would help to highlight the topical side, just by having a section, cats who dont normally do topicals might feel like they want to take a shot at this hall of fame... therefore increasing activity.

IV
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I think it would improve activity for the complete wrong reasons. When people realise they're not going to be HOF they'll just give up, you want to think LONG term and think about what realistic things all members can achieve before you use the HOF concept to recruit.

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 01:56 PM
There is no wrong reason for improving activity in the Topical section... lol...I really dont see the big deal for there being a section there, it wouldnt hurt.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Its more for exposure, which we also have other things in the works, but the whole they will give up is nonsense, there are loads of cats on here that text that suck, they still havent givin up, yet there is a text section, if anything it would take the cats that suck at text and transition them to topicals on exposure alone, they might find they like it, the only means of exposing the topical section now is through the lounge which noone checks, we are working on a better battling system..... and other ways to promote, by having this section people might actually feel the need to topical battle, drop topical cyphers, etc, if anything this is great incentive.

Im not talking the 20-30 cats that peep the text lounge, this would bring in a wider audience, the 50-100 cats that suck at text nahmean, even some audio... exposure... you can say we can expose it through the text lounge or topical lounge, but how many cats actually peep these threads, we have to speak to a larger audience.

IV
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Okay, was just giving you my opinion on it. I'll never understand why people ask for opinions and then tell people that they're wrong lol. Good luck though, hope it all works out

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I never said you were wrong verity ,lol I'm just arguing my opinion, to see where you are going with yours

FreezyCT
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
well first, you need to decide why you will be letting these people in HOF - what are the credentials....ppl were getting into the Trck HOF for all the wrong reasons and shit went straight to their heads...someone could join tomorrow whos Hall-worthy...its just Topicals dont have a deep backround here and i think a steady league is more important

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

also - topicals and songs/tracks are essentially the same thing...you could take that angle, and help those wanting to improve their track game...because lets be honest, too many of yall try to take the LB/Grindtime format - and stuff it into 16 bar verses - which never work, and will never work

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
A league is in the works, And how would someone join 2mrw thats worthy? by dropping a dope topical? or winning a championship? lol It would follow the same guidlines as every other hall of fame section... the whole point here is exposure... When we create a league there will be the same 10-20 cats that join.... there needs to be a way to speak to the other 95 percent of the site... We could always spam... but meh, why when you could just make a Topical Hall Of Fame section that would promote it in itself. It really shouldnt be that big of a deal, its just a section.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]also - topicals and songs/tracks are essentially the same thing...you could take that angle, and help those wanting to improve their track game...because lets be honest, too many of yall try to take the LB/Grindtime format - and stuff it into 16 bar verses - which never work, and will never work

Yeah I agree with this

J u s T C
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Having a HOF section doesn't mean people have to get in right away. And nobody other than myself Teek or Erupt has to run it. It just has to be put in place.

Putting a HoF to encourage people to battle being for the wrong reasons.

Thats like saying having the NFL is for the wrong reasons because people play to win it but they might not.

I think if we want a HoF section we should get that. Otherwise we weren't put in as mods with the trust to improve the section.

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
lol straight up, i know alot of you dont care, and dont think you will ever do topicals, or suck at them yourselves, or just plain want the topical section to fail.... hmmm... I cant figure out which one it is, but it should be there, it wont hurt.

FreezyCT
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
few people doubt that lebron will be in HOF when its all said and done...thing is, people were talking about it before he had even entered the league...when someone is Hall-worthy, you just know, from how they carry themselves, to how they handle certain situations, down to their skillset...with that said, its not that hard to tell who has it and who doesnt based off a verse or two

after some thinking - im with the use of the HOF as a way to encourage participation...i doubt people will just stop - like E said

IV
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Erupt how am I any of those people? Lol. Pretty sure I was the last Topical Mod.. Like I said good luck, there's no reason you shouldn't have a thread named the Topical Hall Of Fame open even if its empty for a while

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Erupt how am I any of those people? Lol. Pretty sure I was the last Topical Mod.. Like I said good luck, there's no reason you shouldn't have a thread named the Topical Hall Of Fame open even if its empty for a while

Verity, you know youre my nigga right, but you just contradicted your whole previous argument... lol all good tho.

IV
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I didn't contradict myself at all lol. I don't think you should use it as a reason to recruit people, but a HOF is just a thread, and it'll be empty for a very long time anyway, so go for it if its what u wanna do. I have you my opinions on it but if u feel that strongly than open a thread called topical hall of fame and see if it helps

Erupt da Monsta
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
lol Alright Verity, thank you for your input

Dono
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I only support this idea if I'm going to be in it.

RhetoriK
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Topical HOF isn't a bad look.

There are definitely some candidates out there IF you were to combine Cyphers/Topicals together. This adds equal division to the text side. Audio has Battles/Tracks and Text could have Battles/ Topical-Cyphers. You have to kind of work with what you have on Topicals, it's not like anyones HOF Text Grind or HOF Topical Grind are all that supported now. Just audit what's already out there and come up with 5 people to nominate.

Names like Rhythmus come to mind (though his accounts gone) when I think of Cyphers and Topical verses from the first two tournaments and EtH's forum battles could fill the rest.

Teek
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I really don't think there's a need for it just yet, tho I'm not opposed to a HOF when the time comes. The thing is, audio n text heads in the HOF, except a couple have been doing it back 6 yrs or so.
There really isn't that much of a base or site history to Warrant it now. I'd also go with including cyphers to give them some love as well.

The reason for a HOF is to honor people, if there's none there, then it's pointless for now. When a name comes up in the future, it'll get started.

Student
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Let's Make A Topical HoF! *Everyone Claps* Okay So Who's Going To Be Inducted First *Tumbleweeds* Uh...............

FiNAL WoRD
10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
shut up faggot and gtfo