PDA

View Full Version : Topical Moderator Opening

Revan
09-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone interested in taking this spot plus holla at me.

Looking for someone whos going to be active, will do there upmost to keep the section popping and will create some form of league table/records.

Get at meeee

Black Book
09-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I could do this probably. If you give me an idea of what you want, I can most likely handle it.

BLNK
09-29-2012, 11:35 AM
No, you can't. you're just a boy.

Dono
09-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Whoever does this needs to implement the following things:

Open topical battles
Audio Topical Battles
A simple way to keep track of records

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 12:12 PM
I vote for ^this guy....all dps affiliation aside

Dono
09-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I vote for ^this guy....all dps affiliation aside

I don't really have time to take care of it all.

I'd need someone to commit to helping me or a baby mod under me or something if I did it.

Black Book
09-29-2012, 12:28 PM
If Dono was mod, I could help him do whatever. Dono is probably the best suited for the job, and I'm active enough and understand the topical format enough to help him.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 12:29 PM
At least your man enough to admit you lack the time this section will need to be tended to.The audio topical tourney was extremely dope really enjoyed taking part in it.Enough of the rambling though,Im not too familiar with people on the text side now n days(name changes and shit)but def know enough to know it will be a task to get this section popping again so someone whos extremely dedicated is what we will need

IV
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Whoever does this needs to implement the following things:

Open topical battles
Audio Topical Battles
A simple way to keep track of records

Can't do the latter without Admin powers.

Open topical battles ANYBODY can set up.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd be willing to help, as part of a team. I'd take the responsibility of promoting the battles to ensure they receive the attention they never really got before (as well as update the records if need be) to take some of the weight off who ever is arranging and hosting the activities.

Óðinn
09-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I'd be willing to help, as part of a team. I'd take the responsibility of promoting the battles to ensure they receive the attention they never really got before (as well as update the records if need be) to take some of the weight off who ever is arranging and hosting the activities.

Good shit, Fair play.

Jack Swagger
09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I like Just C's post. I think it would run smoother if there were a team of Topical mods, each tasked with different things they had to do/look after. Should only take like three people to run it efficiently.

IV
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Is nobody listening to me? You need admin powers to make the topical arena worth while.

Records can be done by anyone editing their post in the forum and making it sticky. That's the only format possible without some serious work being put in.

Open topical battles will stay there for months and months and months, anyone can do that also.

Audio topicals can be recorded a track and posted I guess, again anyone can do that.

I don't think a new topical mod is worth it because there's literally nothing you can do apart from edit other people's posts in the topical forum. For it to be worth a 'team' of topical mods you'll all need actual mod/admin powers.

Good luck though

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 02:28 PM
You don't need admin powers to run the topical forum properly. You need someone who is going to make the most of what little they have while using their own initiative, not someone who is going to sit around feeling sorry for there self and using a lack of power as an excuse to do nothing.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
BANG BANG

IV
09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Lol whatever Just C. When I agreed to be Topical Mod last time I got told it was getting the old video battle part of the site and would become a lot more official and actually be able to count towards points, have hottest battles, open battles, recent battles and a proper record system, but yeah sure it's my fault. I didn't even have the powers to hold a tournament in the brackets so had to fight with admin for an official title despite it being a forum tournament.

It's cool though Just C for topical moderator IMO. Let him have a go

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Fair enough you were promised somethings that you never received. But you've still got to put that on the back burner and get on with it, and make the most of what little you have.

Going back to the admin powers. There's nothing in Admin powers that can make your job easier.

It just means you can sticky and edit posts anywhere in the forums and that you can delete votes and edit vp which have no bearing on the topical lounge or topical battles.

I'm not tryna be a dick, I'm just giving you the real.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

As for the brackets. They really AREN'T that big of a deal.

You should just do you and keep your ship running smoothly. Fck the other mods bitching about when you run what and titles. That isnt there business.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
lmfao corb did you add that tag?

IV
09-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Na you're seeing it as it is now which is fair enough, but it's not easy to build on something that lacks any solid foundation. Admin could sort out all the issues that made topical battling unpopular, I could not and that was the bottom line for me. I'm not topical mod now anyway so I wish luck to whoever takes over and I hope they do a better job

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

And yeah fuck titles right? But when Mayneak promised me that it was official and then waited til the first round was about to open to tell me IN THE FORUMS that it wasn't official unless it was in the brackets and then nobody wanted to take part in a forum tourney so dropped out.. Then not having access to the brackets seemed like quite big of a deal lol

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Lol nah that wasn't me.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
*lies* that is all

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Lol I swear.

But back on topic I prolly won't even be given the chance to Mod the Topical Lounge. (Which is a shame because I'm 1 of the very few who would actually be willing to put in the work to help get that part of the site busy and not just get the chance then do fuck all or disappear from the site completely like so many have) I'm just putting my hand out there.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 03:15 PM
You aint got to lie corb

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 03:17 PM
You're blowing your cover now :)

Teek
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Jesus Christ quit squablin...

Use the brackets Noble did for the DoJ Tourney for Topical brackets.

I actually think Topical battles would go over better if you went with the pic and rules in the thread and dropped in a 64 text battle and update the OP with the battle link.

Top 4 lines go to Topical battle, link to pic, Title, space, 60 lines to write.

Actually getting credit for the win might be more incentive to actually participate. It would also get battles noticed more by other users who have no clue the topical secion even exists.

Also under this format, you could drop more opens, because people would see what type of battle it is. Keeping track of stats would be easy enough just by having a rule that all topical drops get the battle link posted in a given thread and you just update the wins every day or so. Hell, use the UNRANKED text battle section for topicals, noone ever uses that anyway. Maybe Mindless or Pugz could rename that section to Topical Battles.

As for mods, I said in the other thread Dono should do this, with help if people see it nessisary, but it's really not as intensive as people think it is. If not him, anyone with dedication to the task would be fine. It's not like they can burn down the site. Just could do a good job as well.

You all better get your shit together though cuz I do plan on droppin a couple in my spare time when I'm not fucking around with this new site shit. Imma be the RULE of Topicals, cuz I'm one poetical motherfucker.

Revan
09-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Teek... topical... Mod...

Teek
09-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd seriously do it if I had the time. It's more my style than rap battling lately.

I was just getting those last minute Don moments out while people still act like I matter. =)

Erupt da Monsta
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
lol teek snappin on folks n shit.... I agree with the brackets n shit tho, that way cats cant delete battles n shit...... the last tourney me and donos battle was deleted... i think it was Dono tbh... he got that joint deleted lol

Óðinn
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
i agree 100% with everything that Teek has just said. Great idea too. Rename the "Unraked" to "Topical"... etc.

Teek
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM
lol teek snappin on folks n shit.... I agree with the brackets n shit tho, that way cats cant delete battles n shit...... the last tourney me and donos battle was deleted... i think it was Dono tbh... he got that joint deleted lol

Eh, I'm just a bossy motherfucker, besides, arguing over the past does little good. What was, was. All we have is, what is now, and we have to work within that structure to the best of our abilities and rig wherever we can possible to make the experience the best for those involved, and I'm a master at rigging up shit and finding angles to get shit done.

We were able to get brackets and a chatroom embedded. Surely if the topical section NEEDS something, it can be found somewhere and embedded here. Hell, you could probably find a ranking and points system somewhere too.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Who's squabbling?

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 04:26 PM
All of you mother fuckers shut up

ITS HAMMER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teek
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Alright..so It looks like I'm taking over this shit. I need to start saying NO with more enthusiasm.

I'll be picking 2 guys to work w me on doing shit. I've already made my suggestions, if/when they're cleared, I'll let you guys know.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 04:28 PM
we should expect a replacement shortly as teek is nearing 94 years of age and isnt expected to live much longer

Jack Swagger
09-29-2012, 04:30 PM
we should expect a replacement shortly as teek is nearing 94 years of age and isnt expected to live much longer

Lmao.....

Revan
09-29-2012, 04:30 PM
lol @ Swag.

Teek
09-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Smoking 2 packs a day, a family history of parkinsons, schizophrenia, cancer, and alcoholism, I'm surprised I made it this long.

Revan
09-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Teek, with Just C & Erupt.

#topicalresurrection

Jack Swagger
09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Good shit. Now all we need is that new Text Mod.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 04:38 PM
#Rule is a faggot

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

i still say mokane for text mod though tbh

Jack Swagger
09-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Mokane as mod is like the next coming off Jesus.

Murderous Swag
09-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Yo enf is that grizz in ya sig begging to be let loose?LMFAO jk

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Word. I think Erupt will do good. And with 3 people working together there really isn't any reason for a slumber this time. Plenty of cover with atleast 1 online at any time, and using a team will help keep each other on their toes and motivated to keep things moving and fresh.

Jack Swagger
09-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Yo enf is that grizz in ya sig begging to be let loose?LMFAO jk

Lmfao. It could be ;)

Teek
09-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Word. I think Erupt will do good. And with 3 people working together there really isn't any reason for a slumber this time. Plenty of cover with atleast 1 online at any time, and using a team will help keep each other on their toes and motivated to keep things moving and fresh.

Not really a team, it's me, and you two as my bitches until we get things overhauled to a new level. Then things shouldn't be too bad keeping up with and I can go soak my nuts in a cup of green tea in retirement and you two can go take over.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah well. Don't get too excited, I'm not your bitch just yet.

Can't believe I just said that....

Erupt da Monsta
09-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Lmao , Im not down for bein anybodys bitch..... count me out :/

Teek
09-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Lmao , Im not down for bein anybodys bitch..... count me out :/

What if I used the term associate and asked nicely?

Revan
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
too late. your his bitch. just deal with it. :D

Erupt da Monsta
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Fuck my life

oh well

Lets get it crackinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Okay. Well. I got my title. I'm a go take a break now. Be back next year.

Erupt da Monsta
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
the thing is, yall are making less of the topical section already, we dont even get green names.........lol

IV
09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Lol no topical mod has ever had a green name

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Lmao.... That was your shortest break away from modding yet Teek

Revan
09-29-2012, 05:08 PM

hahaha he cant leave lb alone, the game needs him.

Óðinn
09-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Teek, with Just C & Erupt.

#topicalresurrection

That's seems like a good team

Teek
09-29-2012, 05:10 PM

I swear, it's only temp. and it's not really mod compared to before. I see Rule works fast. Goodbye Mod forum.....

After things are working right, I really do need to start laying out my own site shit.

Alright, I'll bounce around some concepts and Erupt Just C can do the same and we'll iron some stuff out in the direction we want to go with this.

I'm still leaning towards a jacking of the Unranked arena for Topicals. I think it'd go over much better than forum threads that get buried and lost. Voting is also much more regulated.

Mindless Get on that Asap. If you can't get and edit that line "Unranked Arena
(Battles don't count towards your Ranks here)" on the start text battle page, get X on that ish. I want it done yesterday.

I'll look around for an easier way to keep ranks and points as well to embed so we don't have to work our asses off.

You all can just drop your ideas here for now and we'll go over them.

With that said ..I'm off to play some PS3 for a bit.

Óðinn
09-29-2012, 05:11 PM

hahaha lol :D

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Teek stepped down as mod?

I didn't even notice. Was your title still up or something? Name still green?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Using the un ranked for Topicals would be a good idea. Only stumbling block is images. I remember X made a thread a while back about upgrading the text battle system for different fonts ect. Can't remember if he mentioned image embedding but if not someone should hit him up to see about adding that to the list at least.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Was gonna post that myself tbh

Revan
09-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Was gonna post that myself tbh

great minds and all that jazz.

Óðinn
09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
and all that jazz.

Ahhhhhh *Hold Arm, Looks At Teeth Marks* ahhhhhh... My saying. looool

FiNAL WoRD
09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
all i know is, all i know is?

NOBLE
09-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Congratulations Teek Just C and Erupt! You guys are right about the brackets not being that big of a deal. The live brackets I used for the DOJ tourney was made on this site: http://challonge.com/
Its free to sign up and create brackets...and if you ever need help embedding them here, cause I think only senior mods and admins can use html, I'll be glad to help you embed them. I think you guys are going to do a great job with the topical section and I'm looking forward to what manifests.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks man. The bracket link perfect. We'll just use that a long with using the un ranked arena for voting and it will be so much better. If Pugz or X can give it it's own tab at the top instead of being hidden in the battles drop down tab then we'll be laughing.

RULE I'ma temp move the threads in the main lounge into the archive and sticky them so they dont get burried, just until we figure put where we want to go with it, clean slate thing, if that's cool w/you.

Dono
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
When you guys get it popping I'll do some how-to videos so everyone doesn't suck.

We'll they'll still suck probably. But they might know what they're supposed to do.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-29-2012, 06:39 PM
The un-ranked arena would be perfect .... But it definitely needs more exposure ... Lets be honest .. How many can hold their hands up and say they check that shit out on a regular basis?... I bet there's enough people in this thread that didn't even know it existed.. Lol

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah true. I prolly clicked on that section only a hand full of times since I been here. That's why I think it needs it's own topical tab at the top in clear view w/the rest. It will never pick up as a crumb or w.e in the battles tab. It'll just be as dead as the un ranked arena only re named.

Teek
09-29-2012, 07:03 PM
The un-ranked arena would be perfect .... But it definitely needs more exposure ... Lets be honest .. How many can hold their hands up and say they check that shit out on a regular basis?... I bet there's enough people in this thread that didn't even know it existed.. Lol

That sort of works for our benefit in the beginning to cut down on dumbasses dropping regular battles trying to snipe on open, not that it matters because the shit is unranked anyway.

As the Unranked arena gets introduced around for the topical battle arena, People will be more likely to check there. For now, it's a start and a base for expanding on.

I'd LOVE a new tab and image encoding, but I'm trying to keep expectations low and would be happy just to have some things renamed.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Since battles will be voted on in the traditional LB way (if in the arena as planned) Are we going to stick to the old way of must Break a topical verse down in categories or just let them vote for the best verse, period. The rest being optional?

Ticket
09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
LB gon' to shit yo

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Because personally I always felt that Cat breakdowns were part of the problem when it comes to vote turn out. How can you really appreciate a topical when you have to take in multis ending poetics ect and have to go back to cover them all?

You lose the core and the essence. It's supposed to be what you get from it personally as a whole. Not a bunch of this that and the other. A more organic gut approach when voting would be better . But thats just me.

Dono
09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
LB gon' to shit yo

You make it sound like it was ever otherwise.

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Nah it has though. Especially the track section. It's in really bad shape at the moment. The most played lists bottom track is nearly on single digits. When it's good it's around 30 plays.

Teek
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Since battles will be voted on in the traditional LB way (if in the arena as planned) Are we going to stick to the old way of must Break a topical verse down in categories or just let them vote for the best verse, period. The rest being optional?

Edit: I think voters should just vote for the best verse period, but shoulld still try to set the example of expo'n why in a clear enough manner so the battlers understand their pov. I just don't want to see FV etc.

Another plus of being out of the way, the whole FV comments will be limited. We'll make a giant link to the unranked section in the main sticky info thread when we get that done after all the details are hammered out.

Remember, this battle method is just a way to get the topicals into it's own section, have a standardized voting system, and make it easier to keep track of battles, but the rankings and stats are still going to be on us for now till we figure something out.

Baby steps

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I'll re-edit and agree on the voting point you made Corb... I could agree to a gut voting method

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-29-2012, 07:42 PM
LB gon' to shit yo

Fuck lb

Where can I watch season 5 of breaking bad on an apple device?

Ticket
09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
yo breaking bad is the shit, download it

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Because personally I always felt that Cat breakdowns were part of the problem when it comes to vote turn out. How can you really appreciate a topical when you have to take in multis ending poetics ect and have to go back to cover them all?

You lose the core and the essence. It's supposed to be what you get from it personally as a whole. Not a bunch of this that and the other. A more organic gut approach when voting would be better . But thats just me.

Nah your right .... I've won topical tournaments on other sites as some people know ... But I never let the category judging system effect me... But you could always tell some people would write to try and cover as many categories as possible to aim for winning the round instead of letting their creativity take them where the piece was headed

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

yo breaking bad is the shit, download it

I've got season 1-4 ... I'm addicted as a muthafucka ... You know of any way to see the first 8 episodes of season 5 on an iPad?

Bear in mind not a single episode has ever been played on U.K TV

J u s T C
09-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Breaking Bad must have been on some Sky or Virgin channel. I watched it on dvd but not TV but now that you bring it up it seems hard to believe.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Oh and if you have Xbox live you can get those episodes. Not sure if you a game, just throwing it out there.

Lizman
09-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah A Team Has A Nice Ring To It
You Can Make Me Sub-Mod In Charge Of Visual Communications :D

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Fuck lb

Where can I watch season 5 of breaking bad on an apple device?

I Hate Myself For Asking But... What Apple Device?

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-30-2012, 08:17 AM
iPhone or iPad

Erupt da Monsta
09-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Edit: I think voters should just vote for the best verse period, but shoulld still try to set the example of expo'n why in a clear enough manner so the battlers understand their pov. I just don't want to see FV etc.

Another plus of being out of the way, the whole FV comments will be limited. We'll make a giant link to the unranked section in the main sticky info thread when we get that done after all the details are hammered out.

Remember, this battle method is just a way to get the topicals into it's own section, have a standardized voting system, and make it easier to keep track of battles, but the rankings and stats are still going to be on us for now till we figure something out.

Baby steps

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I'll re-edit and agree on the voting point you made Corb... I could agree to a gut voting method

Yeah best verse seems like the move, and the unranked arena aswell, the exposure part shouldnt be too hard

Student
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
iPhone or iPad
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me

Or Just Download It On PirateBay, That's What I Did. It's :pimp: Dope.

And...

Missed...This...Thread....Noooooooo