PDA

View Full Version : Forum tourney ideas....

Murderous Swag
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Right now we have DOJ going on so im refraining from directing the attention anywhere else.I believe we have a basic audio tourney coming up also.After DOJ i was debating on running a forum tourney.If it has a good turnout ill see about a possible title.
Throw some ideas around amongst this thread and when enough have been compiled ill post a poll....
Ps this will be an audio forum tourney but since alot of texters have started converting I figured this thread would get the most attention in the text area

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Krhyme Killz
DaMostH8ed
Teek
NOBLE
2FUEL
AfterThought
RULE
Phil Banks

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Fuck it lol someone mention khryme also i cant ever get his name right lol

Jack Swagger
09-27-2012, 12:01 AM
When is the qualifying month for the Audio?
And I like the idea of more audio tourney's, we need it. Audio topical maybe? Has the site ever tried an audio scheme tourney?

Teek
09-27-2012, 12:03 AM
With the LBT tourney coming up, gonna be difficult getting people to commit to another tourney.

I'd like to see a mod roast tourney. Each round gets a new mod to roast. Would be interesting reads anyway.

Other than that...I dunno. It's late and I'm tired.

Óðinn
09-27-2012, 12:11 AM
This is a good idea...but think maybe there should be more communication among staff about these before they happen.

TBH i think there should be less tourneys with stricter rules for no-shows, cos as it is...everyone has this mind state of "ahh fuck it, sure another will be coming up soon anyway" an THAT is what has killed the prestige of the other tourney winners titles.

I mean, a lot of tourney's end up with no shows...People give out that there are no tourneys. Other's give out there are to many, & some where ppl have obtained titles due to a shit tourney/no shows etc....but the fact of the matter is, when there are lots of tourney's running...they all end up losing out in one way or another.

On another note... What is 'Officially' happening on the Audio side??

Murderous Swag
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I'll check into that enf I want to say Oct but don't quote me on that

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 01:40 AM
I think its a great idea. We need more forum tourneys on the audio side, even if its nothing big like a 32 or 64 man tourney. It will help stimulate some activity. We might not have enough people that will be interested in this, but I've been thinking what if we have a mixing tourney? Let's say in each round, you give all the participants the same acapella file (perhaps a verse from a famous dead rapper)...and also give them a format/layout...then they have to go find their own original beats (other than the one the verse was originally spit on) and create a re-mix. Then we'll vote on who created the best mix out of the files they were given?

Jack Swagger
09-27-2012, 01:43 AM
^Kinda like a producer tourney type ish? It could also go vice versa, give the Emcee's a certain beat to spit over and whoever rips the beat the best get's it. But I really like the Re-mix idea, it brings out the creativity and how people view the verse.

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
I'd been thinking about that for a while. I'd definitely be down for a tourney like that...but I don't want to be the only one that will enter...lol.

Jack Swagger
09-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I've been highly interested in putting in more audio work. And not to long from now I'll be starting to produce/making tracks. I'm down for it!

Revan
09-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Four words...

Audio
Tag
Team
Tournament

1/

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Four words...

Audio
Tag
Team
Tournament

1/

How would that be done though?

Revan
09-27-2012, 02:59 AM
How would that be done though?

Theres a few ways imo.

Best one would be to have the two people record there verses as a accapella track, and then play the "track" on the audio battle recorder.

Or you could do it as an actual uploaded track and vote via polls.

etc

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Word. I think creating an actual uploaded track would give the best quality, but playing the track on the audio battle recorder would probably generate more votes and be a better way of determining who wins.

J u s T C
09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Lol Krhyme and Rule scared shitless of anything that involves competing over a beat :)

Revan
09-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Go link me anything that shows me duckin a on-beat battle.

so many sheep i need a bigger barn.

J u s T C
09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
You cant deny the recent influx in acapella battling on here, it's like beat battling is the devil around here. And we both remember how you and a grip of texters ALWAYS used to vote for accapellas whenever there was a poll to decide for tourneys. Always the same names. lol c'mon now.

The LBA is all acapppella. Krhyme "runs" that. You're champ of it, Krhyme won the acappella tourney for Beastmode. You guys always used to vote acappella.

But you guys the staunch acappella lobby. You sub conciously chose acappella for your post up there. Why say accappella? why not just say tag team? or on a beat?

There's a story behind that hidden in the deep battle rap recesses of your brain.

Talk to me.

http://deathgetsawebsite.com/images/apocrypha/therapist.jpg

IV
09-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Nobody will show up to a forum tourney. People who no-show tournament should get either;

Infracted
Short ban
Banned from tournament for the next 6 months

Or something similar. I know I missed the last tournament before anybody fucking mentions that -_- but had a good reason, but I would have taken a punishment still because it's annoying as fuck when people don't show up.

Jack Swagger
09-27-2012, 10:33 AM
^ Co-sign. No shows kinda kill the whole drive to win.

Óðinn
09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Four words...

Audio
Tag
Team
Tournament

1/

^^Now THAT is a dope idea...it'd prolly have to be done via the Track section though??

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Nobody will show up to a forum tourney. People who no-show tournament should get either;

Infracted
Short ban
Banned from tournament for the next 6 months

Or something similar. I know I missed the last tournament before anybody fucking mentions that -_- but had a good reason, but I would have taken a punishment still because it's annoying as fuck when people don't show up.

I'd make it that if you no-show...you won't show in any tournament untill a Year later, Exact Date too.

But that's just me.

(if stricter rules were enforced, it would for the start of the rules seem to "Kill" the tourney ish, but in the later stages it would help, as people would realize..."Hey if i don't show for this i won't be in another one for a year, fuck it imma show this time"...and there on people would actually take these more serious)

AfterThought
09-27-2012, 10:59 AM
We can upload the battle verse as a track, then post the track links as a battle, similar to how DOJ is done.

Óðinn
09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
^^Good idea...post it into the Text section....

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 11:09 AM
^^^Great idea!

Revan
09-27-2012, 11:20 AM
You cant deny the recent influx in acapella battling on here, it's like beat battling is the devil around here. And we both remember how you and a grip of texters ALWAYS used to vote for accapellas whenever there was a poll to decide for tourneys. Always the same names. lol c'mon now.

The LBA is all acapppella. Krhyme "runs" that. You're champ of it, Krhyme won the acappella tourney for Beastmode. You guys always used to vote acappella.

But you guys the staunch acappella lobby. You sub conciously chose acappella for your post up there. Why say accappella? why not just say tag team? or on a beat?

There's a story behind that hidden in the deep battle rap recesses of your brain.

Talk to me.

http://deathgetsawebsite.com/images/apocrypha/therapist.jpg

LBA is not a accapella title. the champ can battle on whatever format he choses.

& i didnt say the tag team should be an acapella tourney, but just that recording your verses accapella and playing them on the battle player would be a way of doing it.

& im out lol

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Always thought there should be some secondary tournaments for audio

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Always thought there should be some secondary tournaments for audio

Would you be okay with them receiving titles though?

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Is that some kind of shot young Noble?

NOBLE
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
No. It's just a question. I was curious to know if, since you support the idea of secondary audio tourneys, would you also be okay with them offering titles to the winners.

Murderous Swag
09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
BANG BANG

FiNAL WoRD
09-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Put me down for this isssssssh

stricc
09-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Four words...

Audio
Tag
Team
Tournament

1/

that shit would be entertaining. also this site has alot of people that are too picky sometimes, like they only wanna hear one format of rap. different categories like maybe a punchline tourney, wordplay tourney,etc... just sayin though

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

AfterThought that was a good ass idea

SoupErb
09-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Four words...

Audio
Tag
Team
Tournament

1/

Im sure I mentioned this like a year ago or some shit lol.. Either that or I just thought of it and never told anyone.

Dope idea though, if this happens holla @ me.

Revan
09-28-2012, 03:01 AM
What secondary tournaments & titles could you have for audio?

The Topical one was dopeee, that deffly needs to return.

AfterThought
09-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Topical audio, tag team, and maybe Scheme audio?

Revan
09-28-2012, 03:08 AM
topical & tag team deffly.

Krhyme Killz hook us up lol