PDA

View Full Version : i got a question

FreezyCT
09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
how come we havent had an Amish superstar...in anything

i understand its against their faith/beliefs to do things for personal gain, or to put the spotlight on them, but some things are inevitable

even those who chose to leave their community

FiNAL WoRD
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
it might have something to do with practicin or w.e

FreezyCT
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
what do you mean practice...like allen iverson practice

RhetoriK
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Think about what you just asked though. Amish-Stardom. Not gonna happen, if they do succeed, they're shunned off the bat, so they can't even call themself's Amish once it's done.

We're asking for too much. I mean, the Hesidic Jewish community gave us Matisyahu.. now you want the Amish, gtfo lol what's next an Aryan R n B singer? Quaker's double-timing with Tech9ne *Goes right to Google*.. i bet one of those has gone down actually

FreezyCT
09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
theres enough ex-amish for one to be successful at something to the point of fame

Jack Swagger
09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't really care where people come from, if the craft they offer the world if of good quality, then it's cool. But Amish? The closest we'll see an Amish person in the spotlight is weird al yankovich.

Phroxen
09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I was gonna say... Matisyahu and Necro (Jews) are as close as you'll get.

FreezyCT
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
think about it tho, the media would eat that shit up

FiNAL WoRD
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
but its not gunna happen when they never get the chance to get good at something, theres no way there gunna be lebron james in bball, or run track or any of that shit cause they dont practice it and get amazing at it, its pretty hard to be naturally good at something, specially those dirty amish fucks

RhetoriK
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Religion plays a major roll in this. Anything related to fame meaning anything potentially self-glorifying is out of the question. I'm positive that someone would have to leave or be ex-communicated as a young-young child to even un-learn the mindset enough to push success.

I know a few ex-Quakers that move to LV and had a successful business, but that was an extreme case. They even kept a lot of customs related. The timing has to be on point for the trend/fad to catch and I don't see bonnets being in anytime soon.

My prediction... Tractor Races will be the first venture to pop off for this culture. That would be the one sport they could 'practice' without scrutiny.

FiNAL WoRD
09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
^^ exactamundo batman

FreezyCT
09-27-2012, 02:55 PM
lol...of course they play basketball and baseball and other sports - those are pastimes...their religion doesnt keep them from being active and having fun...the only thing that would hold them back is that they're against competition, which is why i say ex-amish...these people are sent out into the world at 16 - and to say someone at 16 is set in their ways is ridiculous

and as for the media eating it up, i was refering to the underdog story - not the image the amish embrace...they look the way they look for a reason - and if we embraced it, theyd probably change...just look at a few football stories that came out lately - bruce irvin was on a fast track to prison, but got drafted in the first round...brian banks was accused of rape in high school and spent like 5 years in prison, and was invited to numerous nfl camps

FiNAL WoRD
09-27-2012, 03:05 PM
brian banks aint got shit on my rape game