PDA

View Full Version : Big L kills Shady 2.0

SoupErb
09-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Lol. Just a quick remix me n my homie made lastnight.

Dj john rogers n souperb on the mashup shady cypher vs big l put it on by john pioneer rogers on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Fredo Lombardi
09-22-2012, 09:12 AM
I thought you were dead

Revan
09-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Not bad Soup.

Big L, the biggest shame in hip hop.

John Wick
09-22-2012, 12:01 PM
RULE the biggest SHAME? Really? Or the was the death the biggest shame?

Revan
09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
RULE the biggest SHAME? Really? Or the was the death the biggest shame?

the death.

Imagine what he coulda made with a big budget/

AfterThought
09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Yo Papoose = Big L Jr.

John Wick
09-22-2012, 01:25 PM
RULE True Story

RhetoriK
09-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Good shit Soup.

I wonder how many people actually believe that this beat is 100% Shady's lol
Reference: East Flatbhsuh Projects - Tried by 12
This is like the Amen Loop of Battle Rap tbh

SoupErb ..I know you know just thinkin out loud

J u s T C
09-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Big L isn't over rated. People seem to forget the era and how long ago it was when he was doing his thing. He might not stack up to the current generation but he was sick for the time.

J u s T C
09-22-2012, 04:04 PM
i get that

i just feel like great music also has to be timeless

you can listen to MJ in 50 years and his music will still be great... by todays standards big l is just another rapper

Yeah I hear where you're coming from but compairing RnB to Hip Hop is too lobsided.

Forget the sound in terms of a finished peice of music.

And look back to the Mowtown era with the Four Tops, The Supremes, Dianna Ross, to the present day. Your Rhiaanas ect.

Today's current crop arent better singers or more importantly even better songwriters.

Because RnB has it's limits, especially compaired to rap. It's not as complex or as advanced or diverse in terms of songwriting. RnB didnt have an underground scene or certain style or sound that comes with it in the same way hip hop has near enough limitless room for improvement. Thats why Jackson can stand the test of time to the current crop and Big L cant in their respective genres and be timeless,

You can't compair Big L to Michael Jackson or the genre of RnB/Soul to Rap.

J u s T C
09-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Word. I was going off the writing stand point which is what you said was bad about him. Biggie was no better writer than Big L.

What you're talking about now is image. some people gravitate to others more and it all depends on who you have backing you, from producers to promotion.

You kinda flip flopped from the writing to something that isnt entirely dependant on Big L himself.

But word, agree to disagree.

Murderous Swag
09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Honestly I think big l could outsell at least 85% of today's hip hop artists.big l was a legacy and very well respectedto this day.and prolly was an influence to your fave artist

NOBLE
09-22-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't think Big L is overrated, but at the same time, he might not have gotten as much attention if he hadn't died. I'd heard of him, but I never really listened to his music until he died. Nice work on this remix SoupErb!

Fredo Lombardi
09-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree with most of this....Big L wasn't overrated he was underrated if anything....and his music doesn't stand the test of time mainly because he only put out a few mixtapes and one studio album....that he recycled heavily on....I do disagree with Just C saying Big L was a better writer then Biggie Smalls c'mon son! Frank White was the complete emcee package

Vandahl
09-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Jason, just stop talking. Please. You sound retarded.

Revan
09-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Tupac ft. Notorious B.I.G, Big L - Deadly Combination - YouTube

J u s T C
09-23-2012, 07:31 AM
It's funny because Big L had the most rememerable verse on that track for me. I used to spit to his verse back in the day. his cadence clarity and presssence murdered Big And Pac.

NOBLE
09-23-2012, 07:57 AM
L was probably one of the first punchline rappers.

SoupErb
09-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Appreciate it y'all! My homie 'n' me have been working on a few remixes and I'm attempting to make some beats.. shits harder than I thought.

And I'll be honest, I've only listened to Big L for like 5-6 years coz I had never heard of him before; I was always listening to Pac, Em & Biggie.
But when I listened to 'Put It On'? I been stuck listening to Big L's tracks since that day.. I even got 'The Big Picture' and '139 & Lenox' shipped over from America. (I'd recommend them to anyone who likes Rap/Hip Hop)

Phil Banks
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Jason just c right like back when I heard L there was noone else sayin shit like that to me it's still classic and timeless but I grew up on it an I can understand now because his style has been expanded on so much now

Vandahl
09-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Big L - MVP ( Summer Smooth Remix ) ft. Missy Jones HD - YouTube

Cee Davis
09-23-2012, 05:50 PM
i know every freestyle by heart,

mad hoes, ask bevis i get nothing butthead, he was way ahead of his time

Godbody
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
lol @ Big L being overrated and then saying he'd just be another normal rap nigga today

that might be some of the dumbest shit I ever read

Big L was waaay ahead of his time. & By today's standards I imagine he'd be one of the best out. Puttin out music like he was in the 90's in this day & age would have him on my Top 10 list ez