PDA

View Full Version : Personal Tattoo

SoupErb
09-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Waddupp LB :cool:

So I'm getting my first tat done soon and it's gonna be something that actually means something to me.. So I've bin thinking of different ideas on what I want it to look like; I know that choosing the lettering will be fairly easy coz there is a wide range of different text styles to choose from, but the actual image(s) I have in mind are gonna be the hard part.

So for those of you who had a personal tat done before, how does it work? Do I just try to explain best I can as to what I want and they try to draw it?

I just wish I could do it all myself so I know it's 100% perfect, but I ain't too good at drawing lol

Also for the UK heads, Im willing to pay as much as it costs.. Even if it's £1000+.. And am also willing to travel almost anywhere in England to get it done.. So If you know of any Tattoo artists that are really worth the money, I'll need the name and address of the place. :high:

Holla!

Óðinn
09-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Fam...first thing...get it drawn on PAPER (not ya arm) so you can have a proper look at it.

Some tattoo places will talk all the slick bullshit just to get that money.

Other places will be straight with you about it....if they can or can't w/e.

Also, don't let the want for getting one over weigh the actual concept of getting a nice one.

cos we all regret our first one....as it was teh more, hahah look at me i've a tattoo.....type thing. I have 5...getting a lot more too.... but i've an idea for what i'm doing wit em.

As long as you get what you want you good.

Where you getting it? (on ya body?) and of what

Student
09-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Lol You A Fool Sometimes Dawg

IV
09-18-2012, 05:35 AM
London Ink is the obvious one, same status as LA Ink and Miami Ink. If you explain what you want then they'll also design it for you and you can make any adjustments.

To be honest, you can pay another tattoo artist to design it, and if you don't like it they can change it, and then take the design elsewhere to get it done.

London Ink is the first that comes to mind, do some research on google you might find somewhere lesser known but dope still somewhere else. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Triple Six - Sunderland.
Jolie Rouge - London.
Frith Street Tattoo - London.
Indigo Tattoo - Northwich, Cheshire.
Into You - London.

There's a few more that I've seen recommend online that I've heard of through friends also.

Baron Mynd
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM
PRO-TIP: Don't try to go for something with huge ammounts of detail... as the skin cells die it will all just morph into a giant hideous unrecognisable black blob.

Phil Banks
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
dude.... this not some shit u go in an explain looool..... u need to check some spots see some of they work an then let them draw it for you....tbh best tat dude i knew was a dope head white boy.... dude used to straight zone on my dudes shit... i aint got tats though.... but u need someone u can trust this a big deal

SoupErb
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
@FUEL , word. I was thinking of startin on my left arm and following it up & round to the left side of my chest/ribs and also round onto my back.. (Basically the whole left side of my upper body)

It's gonna be a bitch tryna explain to the TA's what I want lol

Verity , oh shit.. I didn't think someone was gonna actually give me some names! Much appreciated, I'll look into those. London Ink sounds interesting.. If it's at the same level as Miami Ink then I'd def consider it.

Phil Banks , true.. I gotta scope some places out first; I don't want no half assed tat drawn with an Aids infested needle hahaha

Óðinn
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Lol You A Fool Sometimes Dawg

No..you are the fool trying to "One Up"...when all i was asking..Where on his body is he getting the tattoo...YOU fool.

*His Arm, Leg, Torso ect*

:facepalm:

Good try though:monkey:

Student
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
No..you are the fool trying to "One Up"...when all i was asking..Where on his body is he getting the tattoo...YOU fool.

*His Arm, Leg, Torso ect*

:facepalm:

Good try though:monkey:

You Said It Like, "On Your Body?" Like He Could Get One Not On His Body lol

Revan
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
He could of been getting tatted on his soul...

IV
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
"Where you getting it?" is extremely ambiguous, it could have been taken as; who's doing it, what shop, etc. So you do need to clarify. On a side note; NO WAY HOSAY.

SoupErb Yeah Louis (I think his name is) from London Ink is from Manchester and did David Beckhams tattoos, that's what he's famous for but he has some really good artists that work for him. I've also heard of a place called Rambos(?) or something in Manchester that seems pretty famous!

If you're looking of traveling because you can't find many up north, there's one in a place called Street in Somerset which is really famous and I've heard amazing things about it, but I'm 100% how far you wanted to go. Anywhere in London is a good bet though, to keep a tattoo shop in London open they must be making some BIG money. Soho and Camden are probably your best bests if you're looking of coming to London. I just moved here though so I'll do some research over the next couple of days and try and find out and let you know! Getting tats is a BIG THING I wish I saved up and travelled for my first.

Óðinn
09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
You Said It Like, "On Your Body?" Like He Could Get One Not On His Body lol

^How is that confusing/misleading?

lol

Student
09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
^How is that confusing/misleading?

lol
Where You Getting It?

On Your Body? :rolleyes: