PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid

J u s T C
09-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Who else fucks with the series? I've completed Shadow Moses on the PS1 as well as Sons Of Liberty and Snake Eater on PS2 (Still yet to play Guns Of The Patriots on PS3 though because I'm a Xbox convert since the 360 came out, never even touched a PS3) and I just yesterday bought the Metal Gear HD pack on Xbox live which has MGS2 MGS 3 and The PSP's minus Peace Walker though which comes separate if you purchase on Live and not in the stores. even if you've completed the games you need to get them again in HD. I'm only on MGS2 right now but it looks nuts with the HD make over I was really taken back by how good it looks considering it's basically a past gen port. and MGS3 is supposed to have had even more care taken into it to the point it looks better than a lot of current gen games currently out. Just a shame they never threw MGS 1 in there so I could re cap and get re acquainted with the story before I purchase a PS3 to get 4 then by the time I'm done, MGS 5 will be out or just round the corner. I honestly thought in the back of my mind that going back to MGS2 might be a bit of a bummer with the dated control layout and the restrictive camera system but I was stealthing my through it in no time. It just shuts on so many current gen games in terms of pure enjoyment and choice even over sand box games which give you so much choice. I fuck with games like borderlands, skyrim, GTA ect which even with so much freedom and so much to do they can feel hollow and get boring really quick. for some reason even with all the choice they give you they can't fuck with a 10 year old MGS game. Fuck your call of duty's and battle fields too. Yeah they look great but they sooo fucking shallow compared to MGS and aren't even half as enjoyable, even with it's primitive, restricted and at times clunky game play. Going back just made me remember why MGS is classed as the best game franchise ever by most. You def gotta give it a replay for the HD make over and if for some crazy reason you've never played MGS. You've DEFINITELY got to buy it. You'll love every minute of it once you get used to the control system.

But yeah is there any Metal Gear heads out there and are there any who purchased the HD pack?

Mr-Felon
09-14-2012, 07:23 PM
My Brother used to be a hardcore MEtal Gear solid Player

JIMMY CONWAY
09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Yo this was my F*&^%ing game series back in the day. I have a PS3 and I will be copping the HD packaged set.

Best Series of Games

Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Socom----- Just 1,2, & 3
Grand Theft Auto